Thread: Racine Co Sheriff "Gets it"!

Racine Co Sheriff "Gets it"!

http://www.wrn.com/2011/06/racine-co...ncealed-carry/
    "Schmaling says his deputies, and most law enforcement, already train to handle every encounter as if a weapon could be involved. As a result, he believes there will be little change in how his officers deal with calls"

Now that's one LEO that has confidence in his Deputies!

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Glad and sad....

Quote Originally Posted by qball54208 View Post
    "Schmaling says his deputies, and most law enforcement, already train to handle every encounter as if a weapon could be involved. As a result, he believes there will be little change in how his officers deal with calls"

Isn't the general state of affairs in Wisconsin pretty sad when we feel the need to compliment a law enforcement professional for acting in a professional manner...? I'm hoping and praying that most of our Chiefs of Police and Sheriffs actually "get it" but haven't been reported on because it isn't the kind of news that gets printed these days....
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Philandering Fuhrer Flynn thinks otherwise. He's such a moron.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    Isn't the general state of affairs in Wisconsin pretty sad when we feel the need to compliment a law enforcement professional for acting in a professional manner...? I'm hoping and praying that most of our Chiefs of Police and Sheriffs actually "get it" but haven't been reported on because it isn't the kind of news that gets printed these days....
    Yes it is, most definitely not arguing with you. I also agree there are more than likely a large percentage of forces out there who do "get it" without raising their hand for the world to see.

However, until *all* of our forces voluntarily choose to act in a professional and legal manner without being whacked on the nose by a newspaper (lawsuit) and told to "Sit! Stay!" I really think we *should* make sure those that do the right thing the first time for the right reasons should be rewarded with an "Attaboy".

At the least, it tells them they're doing their job right. I routinely send thank you notes to Dr.s who do their job well and letters of commendation to their superiors. One of my surgeons got a raise at his evaluation (partly) because of my letter to the hospital board. I've received quite a few thank you notes over the years from Drs thanking me for taking the time to tell them they did good.

I don't think I've ever met anyone who doesn't like to hear a "Hey, ya done good today" at least once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Philandering Fuhrer Flynn thinks otherwise. He's such a moron.
    Nice way of putting it. Forum rules prevent me from stating my REAL opinion of Flynn.
    Last edited by XDFDE45; 06-30-2011 at 11:07 AM.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

The Brown County Sheriffs Dept gets it, I was watching an interview on the news a Month ago, they interviewed a higher ranking BCSD deputy he was all for CCW. But Eric Dunn the Chief of the Ashwaubenon Public Safety dept is against CCW he said that during the same TV news interview .... He is one of them cops that thinks only Cops should carry weapons..
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    The Brown County Sheriffs Dept gets it, I was watching an interview on the news a Month ago, they interviewed a higher ranking BCSD deputy he was all for CCW. But Eric Dunn the Chief of the Ashwaubenon Public Safety dept is against CCW he said that during the same TV news interview .... He is one of them cops that thinks only Cops should carry weapons..
    Yep, I saw that interview, too. I was going to email the sheriff deputy guy a thumbs-up, but then I must have deleted the newscast. In the brief segment, he hit most of the major points such as criminals don't follow laws, that areas with CC are safer, etc.

And then the Green Bay guy gets on there and pretty much says the opposite. "Some people say studies show CC areas are safer, but that doesn't mean we should do it," or whatever. I double-checked the screen to see if he was from Milwaukee or something.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerClose View Post
    Yep, I saw that interview, too. I was going to email the sheriff deputy guy a thumbs-up, but then I must have deleted the newscast. In the brief segment, he hit most of the major points such as criminals don't follow laws, that areas with CC are safer, etc.

And then the Green Bay guy gets on there and pretty much says the opposite. "Some people say studies show CC areas are safer, but that doesn't mean we should do it," or whatever. I double-checked the screen to see if he was from Milwaukee or something.
    APS Chief Dunning is a REAL buzz kill. I mean he just has a BIG head...
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

That is the way they train at the police academy here in Kenosha. Many of the instructors also taught in my Criminal Justice program and they all echoed Schmaling's statement. To do otherwise is putting the officer in a position of disadvantage.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

I was thrown back a bit when people at the hearing claimed police officers jobs would be more dangerous. They "wouldn't know who had a gun" I'm glad someone got it right...
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz View Post
    I was thrown back a bit when people at the hearing claimed police officers jobs would be more dangerous. They "wouldn't know who had a gun" I'm glad someone got it right...
    Just some fear-mongering to create an issue where there was none.... When they have no ground to stand on, they lie. It seems to come very easily to them.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Concealed Carry Discussion
    6-22-11 Racine County Sheriff Christopher Schmaling talks to the county's Public Protection & Justice System Committee about the newly passed law. (39-minutes)
    http://www.wrjn.com/play_window.php?...udioId=5355691

Podcast can be found at wrjn

http://www.wrjn.com/Audio-Podcasts/6786437

There was a discusion this evening , I didn't catch it will watch for it though.
    Last edited by springfield 1911; 07-10-2011 at 11:06 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).