Thread: Anyone attempted OC at the Renaissance Festival?

scubabeme

Anyone attempted OC at the Renaissance Festival?

Didn't see any specific prohibitions on website, but...

Wouldn't these be more period correct for OC?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

scubabeme
    Yeah, but don't have any, don't have a costume either. Funny though! Thanks for the laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Polynikes View Post
    Wouldn't these be more period correct for OC?

Yes, but even those are cabletied to their "holsters" at the gate. 15 years or so ago, I even had a bullwhip restricted. It's private property so they can make their own rules. Even if they'll allow you to carry, a cabletied firearm doesn't do a lick of good when it's needed.

NO OC at the festival!!

I haven't been on for a few days so i hope this gets to u b4 u try it!. I wrote to the renaissance festival to ask them about weapon, this was their answer:
    Cesar,

Thank you for contacting the Festival. Below is an email that I received form our operations manager.

Firearms are not allowed at the Festival. The people you are referring to that openly carry swords and other weapons are for display only and are part of the costumes. We also require that all costume accessories that are any type of weapon be pieced tied and in a sheath.

Thanks again for contacting us and asking the question.

Jim

Jim Paradise
    Director of Marketing
    Colorado Renaissance Festival
    409-F So. Wilcox St.
    Castle Rock CO 80104
    303-688-6010- Office
    303-688-5677- Fax
    jparadise@coloradorenaissance.com

No Can Carry!

Howdy Folks!
    I spent several summers working as a character at the RennFaire in Larkspur.
    My 'costume' included a sword and short sword. I was attached to the royal court.
    The weapons we carried were only for atmosphere, and were required to be tied down in their scabbards at all times.

That they do not permit firearms whatsoever is not surprising. It simply ain't permitted.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Last edited by M-Taliesin; 07-02-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mahkagari View Post
    Yes, but even those are cabletied to their "holsters" at the gate. 15 years or so ago, I even had a bullwhip restricted. It's private property so they can make their own rules.
    With the festival being as crowded as it is, can you imagine the amount of mayhem that would ensue if they allowed novices to swing sharp, pointy objects around without restriction?
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    With the festival being as crowded as it is, can you imagine the amount of mayhem that would ensue if they allowed novices to swing sharp, pointy objects around without restriction?
    Howdy Amigo!
    I don't know the answer to your question, but it certainly sounds festive!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    Howdy Amigo!
    I don't know the answer to your question, but it certainly sounds festive!
    Lol, it might be if you were a medic looking for some practical experience.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    Howdy Folks!
    I spent several summers working as a character at the RennFaire in Larkspur.
    My 'costume' included a sword and short sword. I was attached to the royal court.
    The weapons we carried were only for atmosphere, and were required to be tied down in their scabbards at all times.

That they do not permit firearms whatsoever is not surprising. It simply ain't permitted.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Now that's just funny there!

Few years back I would CC there (not well I should add). No one ever said anything about the Glock even though most of those around me knew it was there. Even asking a couple of the costumed employees to double check my costume for me to confirm that it was concealed from view. Now that I mostly OC I was curious about this very question and was planning a trip down there next weekend.

Happy I got the answer. Sad that it will negatively affect my plans to attend.