• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone attempted OC at the Renaissance Festival?

Polynikes

Wouldn't these be more period correct for OC? :p

weapons.jpg

S

scubabeme

Yeah, but don't have any, don't have a costume either. Funny though! Thanks for the laugh.

mahkagari

Wouldn't these be more period correct for OC? :p

weapons.jpg

Yes, but even those are cabletied to their "holsters" at the gate. 15 years or so ago, I even had a bullwhip restricted. It's private property so they can make their own rules. Even if they'll allow you to carry, a cabletied firearm doesn't do a lick of good when it's needed.

Cesar A

NO OC at the festival!!

I haven't been on for a few days so i hope this gets to u b4 u try it!. I wrote to the renaissance festival to ask them about weapon, this was their answer:
Cesar,

Thank you for contacting the Festival. Below is an email that I received form our operations manager.

Firearms are not allowed at the Festival. The people you are referring to that openly carry swords and other weapons are for display only and are part of the costumes. We also require that all costume accessories that are any type of weapon be pieced tied and in a sheath.

Thanks again for contacting us and asking the question.

Jim

Jim Paradise
Director of Marketing
Colorado Renaissance Festival
409-F So. Wilcox St.
Castle Rock CO 80104
303-688-6010- Office
303-688-5677- Fax
jparadise@coloradorenaissance.com

M-Taliesin

No Can Carry!

Howdy Folks!
I spent several summers working as a character at the RennFaire in Larkspur.
My 'costume' included a sword and short sword. I was attached to the royal court.
The weapons we carried were only for atmosphere, and were required to be tied down in their scabbards at all times.

That they do not permit firearms whatsoever is not surprising. It simply ain't permitted.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Yes, but even those are cabletied to their "holsters" at the gate. 15 years or so ago, I even had a bullwhip restricted. It's private property so they can make their own rules.

With the festival being as crowded as it is, can you imagine the amount of mayhem that would ensue if they allowed novices to swing sharp, pointy objects around without restriction?

M-Taliesin

With the festival being as crowded as it is, can you imagine the amount of mayhem that would ensue if they allowed novices to swing sharp, pointy objects around without restriction?

Howdy Amigo!
I don't know the answer to your question, but it certainly sounds festive!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

JamesB

Howdy Folks!
I spent several summers working as a character at the RennFaire in Larkspur.
My 'costume' included a sword and short sword. I was attached to the royal court.
The weapons we carried were only for atmosphere, and were required to be tied down in their scabbards at all times.

That they do not permit firearms whatsoever is not surprising. It simply ain't permitted.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Now that's just funny there!

Few years back I would CC there (not well I should add). No one ever said anything about the Glock even though most of those around me knew it was there. Even asking a couple of the costumed employees to double check my costume for me to confirm that it was concealed from view. Now that I mostly OC I was curious about this very question and was planning a trip down there next weekend.

Happy I got the answer. Sad that it will negatively affect my plans to attend.