Thread: Couple of SB93 Questions

Couple of SB93 Questions

I've read through the FAQ and found a couple of items I was hoping some on this forum could clarify for me:

1) The "bill modifies the prohibition against possession of a firearm . . . in a wildlife refuge" and state parks and fish hatcheries. Does this apply to both open and concealed carry of a handgun?

2) The FAQ states that a licensee is subject to a Class B forfeiture "if a person possesses a firearm at a place the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is within 1,000 feet of the grounds of a school." Does this mean that the GFSZ is still in effect, and having a license only reduces the penalty?

I'd appreciate any feedback from you legal eagles out there . . .
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post
    I've read through the FAQ and found a couple of items I was hoping some on this forum could clarify for me:

1) The "bill modifies the prohibition against possession of a firearm . . . in a wildlife refuge" and state parks and fish hatcheries. Does this apply to both open and concealed carry of a handgun?

2) The FAQ states that a licensee is subject to a Class B forfeiture "if a person possesses a firearm at a place the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is within 1,000 feet of the grounds of a school." Does this mean that the GFSZ is still in effect, and having a license only reduces the penalty?

1) After reading the bill a couple of times I believe you need the permit to carry in a wildlife refuge, state park, or fish hatchery. With the permit, open or concealed doesn't matter

2) Without a permit, the penalty is only reduced, but only the state penalty, federal is still the same. With a permit you are good to go within 1,000 feet of school grounds but not on school grounds.

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/201...olled/sb93.pdf

I'm sure on number two but only pretty sure on number 1.

As I said in another thread, this bill is a tangled mess of stuff.

Oh, and IANAL of course.
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 06-30-2011 at 12:08 PM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post

1. either way as long as you have a permit.

2. Only if you don't have a permit.