• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mt. Clemens Stars and Stripes

Orion

According to the offical website:
/quote: NO pets, bicycles, scooters, roller blades/skates, skateboards, video cameras, or weapons allowed on festival grounds. /end quote

I feel that this is in violation of Michigan law. Anyone planning on attending? I was planning on going and carrying OC but do not want to have any problems with the police. Just wondered if anyone has been to this in the past and if they have addressed this issue with the city. I did a search but could not find any previous postings related to this event.

PDinDetroit

According to the offical website:
/quote: NO pets, bicycles, scooters, roller blades/skates, skateboards, video cameras, or weapons allowed on festival grounds. /end quote

I feel that this is in violation of Michigan law. Anyone planning on attending? I was planning on going and carrying OC but do not want to have any problems with the police. Just wondered if anyone has been to this in the past and if they have addressed this issue with the city. I did a search but could not find any previous postings related to this event.

Site Link?

lapeer20m

Some fourth amendment issues too, if this is taking place on public property.

Fireworks Area
Small coolers are welcome, but subject to search.
NO* pets, bicycles, scooters, roller blades/skates, skateboards, video cameras, or weapons allowed on festival grounds.
You may bring blankets, umbrellas, lawn chairs, infant carriers and strollers.
Absolutely NO solicitation or distribution of materials without a*permit.
Camera Policy
Simple point and shoot cameras are allowed
Music Stages: NO Professional or High End Prosumer cameras are allowed in the music performance areas. This includes cameras with interchangeable lenses, or zoom lenses exceeding 4x.* Event staff holds the right to make determination of all cameras (including Media Pass) and their use while on site.
NO VIDEO CAMERAS OF ANY KIND ARE ALLOWED.