Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC meetup San Diego July 9th

OC meetup San Diego July 9th

A Saturday lunch is planned for July 9th at 12:00pm, noon at

The Firehouse American Eatery and Lounge
    It should be sunny and beautiful at the coast, afterwards we may go for a stroll to get some Coffee,
    and even play some pool.

Restaurant, coffee house, and pool hall are ALL 2A friendly, not in school zones and UOC has been done there before several times.

All areas are clear of school zones, however I highly recomend everyone planning to attend please do your own research and identify all k-12 schools in the area and determine legal areas to carry.

As always, for your safety, carry sterile, bring your recording devices, and insure they work properly well before the day. Bring pamphlets and flyers and your positive attitude for dealing with the public and LEO's. Dont forget sunscreen.

If you have never Open Carried before, but now are ready, or just want to get more info and meet like minded freedom loving citizens PLEASE attend.

We are a regular group and very welcoming to newcomers. please RSVP.
    Carpooling recommended.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

I am in, and probably will need a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilinbp View Post
    I am in, and probably will need a ride.
    A little too soon for me to chime in. I will let you know in plenty of time.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Too early for me to tell as well. I haven't seen my wife on the weekend in months so if she isn't working I'm out.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

I'm in for this one.
    Matt, I'll pick you up about 11am. If you are opting out, let me know.
    See ya all there.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

I'm out. It's my nephew's birthday and my wife isn't working...for once.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

I'm going on a long vacation this summer and I wont be around until September. Have fun!
    "I do not love the sword for its gleam, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory; I love only what they protect."
    — J.R.R. Tolkien

Gundude, 11am sounds great. Cya then.

Btt

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

If my holster comes in by saturday I'll be there. Never OC before but looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltmarine View Post
    If my holster comes in by saturday I'll be there. Never OC before but looking forward to it.
    Even if your holster doesnt come you can still hang with us and learn all you can. That goes for any other newbs thinking about going or just lurking about on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltmarine View Post
    Just stick it in your waistband, it's what all those open carry gangsters do...lol
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I'm new to this forum and have learned a lot. I would love to attend this meeting but will be working. Are there any meeting around temecula/riverside area? I live I. Hemet and I'm going to ask the pd here about there knowledge about OCi'ng. Maybe print out some literature for them. Is that a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Da_azteks View Post
    I'm new to this forum and have learned a lot. I would love to attend this meeting but will be working. Are there any meeting around temecula/riverside area? I live I. Hemet and I'm going to ask the pd here about there knowledge about OCi'ng. Maybe print out some literature for them. Is that a good idea?
    Welcome to the forum.

No, it is not a 'good' idea to ask the police about open carry. While its not necessarily a bad idea either, there is a limited benefit to challenging the local constabulary in this manner. I would say at best it is a waste of time, at worst, its an invitation to be harrassed and scrutinized for your odd beliefs and behavior.

You should however, have literature with you, as well as a running audio recorder if you do decide to open carry. I would say that if you insisted on having some contact with police for the purposes of education, I would say that writing a letter informing them of the legality of UOC in California and your intent to do so in their jurisdiction would probably be a token of courtesy, but nothing more.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Thanks for the welcome. I will take your advice and just have literature on me and recorder in case of contact with LEO.

anyone going down from orange county?

A buddy and I may be able to make it. It would be his first time and my second.

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

No, it is not a 'good' idea to ask the police about open carry. While its not necessarily a bad idea either, there is a limited benefit to challenging the local constabulary in this manner. I would say at best it is a waste of time, at worst, its an invitation to be harrassed and scrutinized for your odd beliefs and behavior.

You should however, have literature with you, as well as a running audio recorder if you do decide to open carry. I would say that if you insisted on having some contact with police for the purposes of education, I would say that writing a letter informing them of the legality of UOC in California and your intent to do so in their jurisdiction would probably be a token of courtesy, but nothing more.
    As a collorary, have successfully confronted LE but you need to have your ducks in a row to do it....I would gather all the information and be as well read as possible, understand all the penal codes regarding carrying (so you cna recite them from memory), the current and past case laws applicable, have copies of all the training bulletins from your city and specific other cities, (San Fernando comes to mind),recent court rulings Peruta, Yolo county. BE so educated and informed on this topic that you are head and shoulders above any LEO knowledge...

THEN, contact your cities police department and schedule a meeting to meet with their chief or senior officer in charge of public relations. Going in to TELL them YOU ARE going to be UOC'ing and lay down your expectations of their professional behavior, YOUR rights you expect not to be trampled on, and that you will not tolerate any police profiling or singling out while in public.

You never ask for their permission, they are here to serve you (us). Know the law and hold them accountable to enforce it. ANd dont let them brow beat or intimidate you, "encourage" you not to exercise your rights.

May not be able to make it after all, I'm getting tattooed tonight so I'll have to stay outta the sun for a while, the use of sunscreen on a fresh tattoo isn't even an option.

Tattoo got cancelled, my buddy and I will be there. See ya guys tomorrow.

Update? Debrief?

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Update? Debrief?
    Sure thing... no encounters with LE, although they were in the area dealing with transient drunk in public, they never really were close enough to notice us and we didnt parade past them. Had lunch at our pro 2A restaurant then Coffee across the street, pleasant conversations with some nice folks, no running or screaming sheeple.

4th of july video same place with LE encounter went well.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    Sure thing... no encounters with LE, although they were in the area dealing with transient drunk in public, they never really were close enough to notice us and we didnt parade past them. Had lunch at our pro 2A restaurant then Coffee across the street, pleasant conversations with some nice folks, no running or screaming sheeple.

4th of july video same place with LE encounter went well.
    Someone put your video on Calguns......they are commenting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    Someone put your video on Calguns......they are commenting on it.
    String please????

Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    String please????
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=453630

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast