• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC meetup San Diego July 9th

Firemark

A Saturday lunch is planned for July 9th at 12:00pm, noon at

The Firehouse American Eatery and Lounge:cool:
It should be sunny and beautiful at the coast, afterwards we may go for a stroll to get some Coffee:shocker:,
and even play some pool:banana:.

Restaurant, coffee house, and pool hall are ALL 2A friendly, not in school zones and UOC has been done there before several times.

All areas are clear of school zones, however I highly recomend everyone planning to attend please do your own research and identify all k-12 schools in the area and determine legal areas to carry.

As always, for your safety, carry sterile, bring your recording devices, and insure they work properly well before the day:banghead:. Bring pamphlets and flyers and your positive attitude:rolleyes: for dealing with the public and LEO's. Dont forget sunscreen.:mad:

If you have never Open Carried before, but now are ready, or just want to get more info and meet like minded freedom loving citizens PLEASE attend.

We are a regular group and very welcoming to newcomers. please RSVP.
Carpooling recommended.

Firemark

If my holster comes in by saturday I'll be there. Never OC before but looking forward to it.

Even if your holster doesnt come you can still hang with us and learn all you can. That goes for any other newbs thinking about going or just lurking about on this forum.

Da_azteks

I'm new to this forum and have learned a lot. I would love to attend this meeting but will be working. Are there any meeting around temecula/riverside area? I live I. Hemet and I'm going to ask the pd here about there knowledge about OCi'ng. Maybe print out some literature for them. Is that a good idea?

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
I'm new to this forum and have learned a lot. I would love to attend this meeting but will be working. Are there any meeting around temecula/riverside area? I live I. Hemet and I'm going to ask the pd here about there knowledge about OCi'ng. Maybe print out some literature for them. Is that a good idea?

Welcome to the forum.

No, it is not a 'good' idea to ask the police about open carry. While its not necessarily a bad idea either, there is a limited benefit to challenging the local constabulary in this manner. I would say at best it is a waste of time, at worst, its an invitation to be harrassed and scrutinized for your odd beliefs and behavior.

You should however, have literature with you, as well as a running audio recorder if you do decide to open carry. I would say that if you insisted on having some contact with police for the purposes of education, I would say that writing a letter informing them of the legality of UOC in California and your intent to do so in their jurisdiction would probably be a token of courtesy, but nothing more.

Firemark

Welcome to the forum.

No, it is not a 'good' idea to ask the police about open carry. While its not necessarily a bad idea either, there is a limited benefit to challenging the local constabulary in this manner. I would say at best it is a waste of time, at worst, its an invitation to be harrassed and scrutinized for your odd beliefs and behavior.

You should however, have literature with you, as well as a running audio recorder if you do decide to open carry. I would say that if you insisted on having some contact with police for the purposes of education, I would say that writing a letter informing them of the legality of UOC in California and your intent to do so in their jurisdiction would probably be a token of courtesy, but nothing more.

As a collorary, have successfully confronted LE but you need to have your ducks in a row to do it....I would gather all the information and be as well read as possible, understand all the penal codes regarding carrying (so you cna recite them from memory), the current and past case laws applicable, have copies of all the training bulletins from your city and specific other cities, (San Fernando comes to mind),recent court rulings Peruta, Yolo county. BE so educated and informed on this topic that you are head and shoulders above any LEO knowledge...

THEN, contact your cities police department and schedule a meeting to meet with their chief or senior officer in charge of public relations. Going in to TELL them YOU ARE going to be UOC'ing and lay down your expectations of their professional behavior, YOUR rights you expect not to be trampled on, and that you will not tolerate any police profiling or singling out while in public.

You never ask for their permission, they are here to serve you (us). Know the law and hold them accountable to enforce it. ANd dont let them brow beat or intimidate you, "encourage" you not to exercise your rights.

xmattedgex

May not be able to make it after all, I'm getting tattooed tonight so I'll have to stay outta the sun for a while, the use of sunscreen on a fresh tattoo isn't even an option.