• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Son Was Arrested in North Las Vegas

28kfps

Not to jump the thread, but we will hosting freedom minded motorcyclist from all corners of the nation... these are the "navy seals of motorcycle activism all OC riders are welcome. Plenty of our guests OC and we have a event being planned to include everyone in Vegas on fremont Sun Jan 8th @ 6:00 pm. It mayh get us on the news (in a good way) again.

If possible PM me with details when you get them, or a suggestion, new thread "OC motorcycle rides "

AmbushBug

That courthouse guard was wrong about the "two party" thing also, that's only for wire communications, like, telephone. You only need one-party consent (your own, in this case) to record non-wire conversations. NRS 200.650.

The Big Guy

That courthouse guard was wrong about the "two party" thing also, that's only for wire communications, like, telephone. You only need one-party consent (your own, in this case) to record non-wire conversations. NRS 200.650.

The Marshal is a public employee in a public place. She has no expectation of privacy. The ultimate answer in this situation would be to say you're wrong, go ahead and arrest me if you think you've got a case and we'll let a court sort it out. Unfortunately most of us just don't have the time and resources to fight every detail. Sometimes you have to lose a few battles in order to win the war.

TBG

Last edited:

gmijackso

I think I may have brought this up before in another thread, but if I didn't I intended to and will now. Why, when something like this happens, can we not call another officer over, and require them to arrest the first officer for coercion?

NRS 207.190 Coercion.
1. It is unlawful for a person, with the intent to compel another to do or abstain from doing an act which the other person has a right to do or abstain from doing, to:
(a) Use violence or inflict injury upon the other person or any of the other person’s family, or upon the other person’s property, or threaten such violence or injury;
(b) Deprive the person of any tool, implement or clothing, or hinder the person in the use thereof; or
(c) Attempt to intimidate the person by threats or force.
2. A person who violates the provisions of subsection 1 shall be punished:
(a) Where physical force or the immediate threat of physical force is used, for a category B felony by imprisonment in the state prison for a minimum term of not less than 1 year and a maximum term of not more than 6 years, and may be further punished by a fine of not more than $5,000.
(b) Where no physical force or immediate threat of physical force is used, for a misdemeanor.
[1911 C&P § 475; RL § 6740; NCL § 10424]—(NRS A 1967, 522; 1979, 1455; 1995, 1239)

It seems to me, that the officer, with the intent to compel you to abstain from rightful entry to the building and rightful recording, did threaten violence/injury and threat of force by arrest. She, and the judges are depriving you of a tool or implement. At very least, even if you can't get the seemingly obvious connection of arrest and physical force (cuffing is a physical act and generally leaves marks) which would make it a felony to be seen, it's still a misdemeanor.

So you should be able ask another officer over, request that officer B arrest officer A under NRS 207.190 felony coercion, and that you'd like to press charges. Officer B then should be required by their duty to arrest said officer. If they don't, they're derelict of duty. Should that fail, perform an "arrest by private person" on officer A.
NRS 171.126 Arrest by private person. A private person may arrest another:
1. For a public offense committed or attempted in the person’s presence.
2. When the person arrested has committed a felony, although not in the person’s presence.
3. When a felony has been in fact committed, and the private person has reasonable cause for believing the person arrested to have committed it.
(Added to NRS by 1967, 1402)

After you've announced your arrest by private person, likely a supervisor will be called to try to sort out the mess they've created, if they don't, request one be called. When the supervisor does come, reaffirm that you'd like officer A arrested, and that you'd previously requested that officer B do such arrest and that they refused to uphold the law to which they were sworn to uphold, and that for such refusal you request that officer be formally reprimanded for dereliction of duty. Continue this level of bringing in upper levels and throwing the lowers under the proverbial bus until officer A is arrested and officer B thru ... is reprimanded.

May be a possible solution to a LOT of the threat to enforce laws that don't exist. Holes in this logic?

edit: I'd like to add, that it may be best to, while recording, to get the officer to affirm your statement something like "Are you stating that if I don't (insert compliance of BS law), that I will be arrested?" For instance, in this case I would say something like "Are you stating that if I don't stop recording you, that I will be arrested?". Once they affirm, it's hard evidence. Likewise, you have a slightly looser case, though still viable, in "Are you stating that if I don't leave my recorder behind, I am refused entry to this building per the order of judges Hoeffgen and Ramsey?". When this is affirmed, you can request arrest by private person of the judges. It may even be beneficial to have a third party with none of the "prohibited" items do the arrest by private person. The arresting person doesn't necessarily need be affected, just present.

Last edited:

timf343

Campaign Veteran
gmijackso-

Interesting idea... I like it!

Tiger Lily-

I'd be interested in helping out with that. I'm willing to perform the citizens arrest. Let's wait until after you've had a chance to talk to the court administrator. You can let her know you'll be taking further legal steps.
clear.gif

Tim

Last edited:

TigerLily

Wow! I'm elated about all this positive feedback. Now you get an idea of what kind of hell it's been to go through a trial there. This top secret court of NONRECORD is really oppressive! And I WANT MY $ BACK and I don't want to be lied to and ignored just because the clerks have never had to give money back. It appears that virtually zero cases get appealed to District Court. But for $12 you can get a trial de novo - which is what I did.

I went to their City Council and gave a 3 min speech about this issue. Any citizen with business there - i.e., to pay a fine or ask a question has to take a number. The people paying fines get seen first and the others have to wait - according to one of the desk clerks - OVER THREE HOURS. That's a hell of a long time to be waiting without any contact from an employer or family. My daughter-in-law also gave them a 3 minute speech about how she was unable to pick up her daughter from school and the hardship that it caused her.

At the council meeting I gave a speech and delivered a NORA request to see the authority by which the Courthouse can deprive citizens of cellphones and electronic equipment - and I also asked for the policies for both the cops and marshals. Mayor Buck deferred my requests to Debbie Miller, Court Administrator. I haven't gotten the cop stuff, but I got the entire p&p for the marshals.

I had about four more violations to read to this lady marshal but I stopped when I detected she was getting close to arresting me. I don't care to spend another 24 hours in their holding tank. I pushed as far as I felt I could. When I got there, no one was waiting to go through the metal detector. But by the time I left, there was a line with about 20 people waiting. They were all listening with GREAT INTEREST.

TRUST ME - THAT MARSHALL WAS BY FAR THE NICEST ONE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED AT THAT COURTHOUSE! With the exception of the Supervisor (Levy) that answered all my questions politely outside the court house, every other Marshall has been extremely bullish. They speak to the citizens as if we were chattel. And of course they're getting away with it because of so-called "policy."

I also recorded (in secret) a different martial that told me the policy was for the CONVENIENCE of the public workers. And Marsal supervisor (Levy) told me that it was instituted by Judge Vanlandshoot several years ago (retired now) because someone inside a trial room took a pic of a witness and the witness was attacked when she got out of the Courthouse (that one I don't have on tape - but I mentioned it in my statement to the city council.)

The violations of rights INSIDE that courthouse is ABSOLUTELY APPALLING beyond description.

I hope you guys tune in to my show on 1/1. I intend to rebroadcast on 1/8 because I'll be at the open carry vigil that day and time. On the radio, I will read the other policies that I noticed she violated - and I have their policy on how to report misconduct. FYI - reporting misconduct only gets reviewed if the supervisor of the offending officer says so. One clerk told me something like this, "We can't be reviewing ALL the complaints or we'd never get anything done."

Thanks again, everyone. You've fueled my spirit!