• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Son Was Arrested in North Las Vegas

MilitaryMike

This is ridiculous. Actually, this is the only reason I have a CCW. I play open carry and hope I get arrested. Then I can pull the CCW card when my attorney gets involved.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
This sounds like an absolute nightmare to me. Please keep us posted. If there is any justice in the court, the court will recognize the illegitimacy of the NLV code. The aggressive driving charge will likely be the most challenging charge to confront. The testimony of an officer, unfortunately, is worth more than that of a regular person due to the memory skills they've been trained to have, or so I've been told by a judge.

Last edited:

Yard Sale

During discovery, demand the video from the prosecution. When they don't produce it, file a motion to compel discovery of exculpatory evidence. Include a copy of your jail booking inventory, which lists the camera, and explain it was recording at the time you were arrested.

jlaudio29

This is unreal.... Id say im suprised but im really not, after hearing story after story it just really dosnt suprise me anymore... so terrible.

I thought this NLV Open carry was done as well. I know the local news did a story on it when there was the open carry trash pick up in the empty parking lot near the police station... Should the news be contacted again and made aware of this situation? Im sure they would love to cover that story..

I noticed a sign the other day coming down MLK about the police being layed off and that we are unsafe :) That gave me a good laugh for the day :)

Good luck to you and keep us posted please!

TigerLily

Sue them, file criminal charges against them with at least a bare minimum charge of "aggravated kidnapping" as they were armed with guns when they kidnapped you and your son.

http://www.justice.gov/crt/about/crm/241fin.php

CONSPIRACY AGAINST RIGHTS

Summary:

• Section 241 of Title 18 is the civil rights conspiracy statute. Section 241 makes it unlawful for two or more persons to agree together to injure, threaten, or intimidate a person in any state, territory or district in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him/her by the Constitution or the laws of the Unites States, (or because of his/her having exercised the same). Unlike most conspiracy statutes, Section 241 does not require that one of the conspirators commit an overt act prior to the conspiracy becoming a crime.
    The offense is punishable by a range of imprisonment up to a life term or the death penalty, depending upon the circumstances of the crime, and the resulting injury, if any.
TITLE 18, U.S.C., SECTION 241

• If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same;...They shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, they shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

http://www.justice.gov/crt/about/crm/242fin.php
DEPRIVATION OF RIGHTS UNDER COLOR OF LAW

Summary:

• Section 242 of Title 18 makes it a crime for a person acting under color of any law to willfully deprive a person of a right or privilege protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States.
    For the purpose of Section 242, acts under "color of law" include acts not only done by federal, state, or local officials within the their lawful authority, but also acts done beyond the bounds of that official's lawful authority, if the acts are done while the official is purporting to or pretending to act in the performance of his/her official duties. Persons acting under color of law within the meaning of this statute include police officers, prisons guards and other law enforcement officials, as well as judges, care providers in public health facilities, and others who are acting as public officials. It is not necessary that the crime be motivated by animus toward the race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin of the victim.The offense is punishable by a range of imprisonment up to a life term, or the death penalty, depending upon the circumstances of the crime, and the resulting injury, if any.
TITLE 18, U.S.C., SECTION 242

• Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, ... shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnaping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

• SEE ALSO: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/42/usc_sec_42_00001983----000-.html

TITLE 42 > CHAPTER 21 > SUBCHAPTER I > § 1983
    Prev | Next
    § 1983. Civil action for deprivation of rights

How Current is This?

Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress, except that in any action brought against a judicial officer for an act or omission taken in such officer’s judicial capacity, injunctive relief shall not be granted unless a declaratory decree was violated or declaratory relief was unavailable. For the purposes of this section, any Act of Congress applicable exclusively to the District of Columbia shall be considered to be a statute of the District of Columbia.

I hope this helps TigerLily my dear sister in LIBERTY!

Thanks a mil! I will share this with the lawyer that expressed interest in representing me in the other case where I was cuffed for 56 minutes for recording while open carrying. I think this particular case (where I was actually sent to a holding tank for 24 hours) is an even more compelling case because I was actually taken to the detention center. In this case, I went out of my way NOT to oc because I didn't want to escalate the situation (I knew my son was being arrested.) But in retrospect I think I would have had a better chance to NOT be arrested had I oc'd. Something about oc-ing makes us less low on the hanging fruit tree.

I just got the discovery and the cops contradicted the hell out of themselves in the NLV cases. Two officers wrote out their reports and with a lot of holes in their stories.

I'll keep you posted on this forum.

Thanks again!

TigerLily

It's funny that we don't have news reels filled with prosecutions under these federal statutes. We all know it's happening, but no one is using the laws already on the books to do what those laws were intended to do.

At the risk of sounding like a "nut job," I think that the media goes out of the way to protect the establishment. Perhaps it's due to a general feeling by society that we must protect those that put their lives on the line for us. Do they fear bad ratings if they actually told the truth?

I did see on CNN a story about two persons that were wrongfully convicted on bad evidence from a laboratory that is organized within the state's justice department. Basically, the lab works for the prosecution. According to that report, 11 states operate that way (not Nevada). The report uncovered vile corruption that did a huge injustice to two persons.

Here is some of that story:

As shocking as the buried evidence was a statement made by the SBI analyst, Duane Deaver, on the stand. When asked why he didn't report the key test, Deaver said he was just complying with the lab's accepted practices of the time. (Since then, Deaver has been fired by the SBI, his lawyer says.)

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-01-27/justice/siu.rogue.justice.taylor_1_jacquetta-thomas-crime-lab-police-station/2?_s=PM:CRIME

Last edited:

TigerLily

This is ridiculous. Actually, this is the only reason I have a CCW. I play open carry and hope I get arrested. Then I can pull the CCW card when my attorney gets involved.

I had discouraged my son from getting a ccw because it is tied to the car registration. My advice might have backfired, but then again, even with a CCW, he would have been arrested because of the outdated ordinance.

TigerLily

Wow, I thought the preemptive over NLV open carry laws was a done deal. These rogue agencies are relentless.

Cowboy cops that act like they are above the law. I've had a big change in my mind about how many of these guys (and girls) are out of control. I thought it was a minority. Now I think it's a minority that are "good," and of those, most are guilty because they know of the corruption and do nothing about it. When I came to this conclusion I felt like a kid that just realized Santa does not exist.

Sorry to get off topic.

TigerLily

This sounds like an absolute nightmare to me. Please keep us posted. If there is any justice in the court, the court will recognize the illegitimacy of the NLV code. The aggressive driving charge will likely be the most challenging charge to confront. The testimony of an officer, unfortunately, is worth more than that of a regular person due to the memory skills they've been trained to have, or so I've been told by a judge.

I'm fairly confident the aggressive driving charge will be dropped because:

1. What the officer wrote is impossible to do.
2. His police report conflicts considerably from his written citation.
3. What his fiance witnessed contradicts what the cop wrote (on both the citation and police report)
4. The first charge mentioned by the cop was "tinted windows."

Could it be that he added aggressive driving to the charges to make for a more compelling reason to arrest him?

TigerLily

During discovery, demand the video from the prosecution. When they don't produce it, file a motion to compel discovery of exculpatory evidence. Include a copy of your jail booking inventory, which lists the camera, and explain it was recording at the time you were arrested.

I requested everything in my discovery request. I got 11 pages of reports - including reports about my son as well, and my son's inventory at time of booking (not mine.)

I do have my list of inventory that I got when I was released. It lists, "Blu Cam/misc cosmetics"

I will look up that "motion to compel discovery of exculpatory evidence," as I'm not familiar with that.

Thanks for the tip.

TigerLily

This is unreal.... Id say im suprised but im really not, after hearing story after story it just really dosnt suprise me anymore... so terrible.

I thought this NLV Open carry was done as well. I know the local news did a story on it when there was the open carry trash pick up in the empty parking lot near the police station... Should the news be contacted again and made aware of this situation? Im sure they would love to cover that story..

I noticed a sign the other day coming down MLK about the police being layed off and that we are unsafe :) That gave me a good laugh for the day :)

Good luck to you and keep us posted please!

Our goal right now is to be found NOT GUILTY of all charges. After that, we'll strategize our next move. I'm cautious about the media attention until we can get past the criminal charges.

As for the layoffs in NLV, I was told by the guards in the holding tank that if I wanted to get out "sooner" I should get all my friends to contact our reps to get their staff back. They were whining about being overworked. I looked out the window from the holding tank during their graveyard shift and the guards were partying down, eating dinner and cake, joking, and laughing. Didn't seem like they were very overworked to me. I told the guard that the citizens should be calling reps to tell the NLVPD to stop arresting innocent people and to get rid of their cowboy cops. They are a serious liability.

Thanks for posting.

Yard Sale

Our goal right now is to be found NOT GUILTY of all charges
It's better that the charges are dismissed, preferably for lack of probable cause to arrest. Which means you need to file a motion to dismiss.

A judge's dismissal for lack of PC could be plaintiff's exhibit A of false arrest.

AnakinsKid

Our goal right now is to be found NOT GUILTY of all charges. After that, we'll strategize our next move. I'm cautious about the media attention until we can get past the criminal charges.

As for the layoffs in NLV, I was told by the guards in the holding tank that if I wanted to get out "sooner" I should get all my friends to contact our reps to get their staff back. They were whining about being overworked. I looked out the window from the holding tank during their graveyard shift and the guards were partying down, eating dinner and cake, joking, and laughing. Didn't seem like they were very overworked to me. I told the guard that the citizens should be calling reps to tell the NLVPD to stop arresting innocent people and to get rid of their cowboy cops. They are a serious liability.

Thanks for posting.

"You're right officer. If we get those cops back, we'll have a better chance of dealing with GOOD cops."

NewZealandAmerican

Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb
Thanks a mil! I will share this with the lawyer that expressed interest in representing me in the other case where I was cuffed for 56 minutes for recording while open carrying. I think this particular case (where I was actually sent to a holding tank for 24 hours) is an even more compelling case because I was actually taken to the detention center. In this case, I went out of my way NOT to oc because I didn't want to escalate the situation (I knew my son was being arrested.) But in retrospect I think I would have had a better chance to NOT be arrested had I oc'd. Something about oc-ing makes us less low on the hanging fruit tree.

I just got the discovery and the cops contradicted the hell out of themselves in the NLV cases. Two officers wrote out their reports and with a lot of holes in their stories.

I'll keep you posted on this forum.

Thanks again!

You're welcome dear, I hope things really work out well, don't just get the charges dismissed, really stick the screws to them so hard until they bleed profusely and no you are not a nut for thinking the media protects the establishment. In reality the corporate controlled media goes so far to dumb down, distract, and systematically program and brainwash us, the masses!

FTG-05

We both did a formal motion for discovery - that's another story.

Got my cam back but the recording was "gone" and so were two of the stickers that were on my helmet.

Do NOT use the camera or re-record over the memory card. Find someone who specializes in data recovery, if even you have to pay for it.

They should not only be able to get the recording back, they can show when it was deleted i.e. after it was confiscated and while you were in jail and before it was returned to you - prima facia evidence of deliberate evidence tampering.

Good luck.

Last edited:

TigerLily

Do NOT use the camera or re-record over the memory card. Find someone who specializes in data recovery, if even you have to pay for it.

They should not only be able to get the recording back, they can show when it was deleted i.e. after it was confiscated and while you were in jail and before it was returned to you - prima facia evidence of deliberate evidence tampering.

Good luck.

The cam is still intact since I got it back and I gave it to an expert he's taking it work where he has some equipment to do a good inspection. Thanks.

TigerLily

You're welcome dear, I hope things really work out well, don't just get the charges dismissed, really stick the screws to them so hard until they bleed profusely and no you are not a nut for thinking the media protects the establishment. In reality the corporate controlled media goes so far to dumb down, distract, and systematically program and brainwash us, the masses!

I've decided that working law suits should be my "job" to have PAC $ to get rid of bad legislators. Primaries are just around the corner and with low voter turnout during primaries, it's crucial to get rid of some of the anti-liberty "trash."

TigerLily

It's better that the charges are dismissed, preferably for lack of probable cause to arrest. Which means you need to file a motion to dismiss.

A judge's dismissal for lack of PC could be plaintiff's exhibit A of false arrest.

Hmm... makes sense. I'll look into that. Thanks.

MilProGuy

Is there a law or laws on the books which permits the open carry of a handgun in Nevada?

The reason I ask is because, some people here in Mississippi open carry...but there is no clearly defined law, ordinance, or code on the law books which actually permit open carry. As a result, some open carry folks find themselves in hot water from time to time in Mississippi.