• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

how many people have there guns cocked?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
When you get you big boy pants and are capable of carying a Glock (or similar "safetyless" firearm") you will learn that your real safety is keeping your booger picker off the bang switch.

Nah, you just don't have anywhere to wipe your boogers anymore.

BTW, how do you cock Tupperware?

Keeps your boogers fresh for later.

BTW, I own a Glock, too. I let the girls use it...

;-)

Gunslinger

Ouch. I just read that and had a little "shudder" while seated here.

That picture just doesn't sound right at all!!

AD

Just like the gun going off and blowing your foot off. What kind of whirlybird did you fly in 'Nam, btw? Although I flew Phantoms, I always enjoyed getting my hair messed up in them. Had a copilot suggest I put my helmet back on. I asked "why? Are you planning on crashing?" Army ********...:>

Prophet

Not only do i not carry with one in the chamber I actually carry a small bag of iron ore, tinder, charcoal and potassium nitrate, with some brass. When my life is in immediate peril and police are minutes away i break out the tinder material and start a good fire going, then i smelt the iron into a parts for a pistol. While i let that cool i combine the posatassium nitrate and charcoal to produce my gun powder. Once thats done I take the brass casings, load it with gun powder, place a metal ball at the tip then load my pistol and am ready to defend myself against the imminent threat that made me start this process.

Of course, if this seems ridiculous to you, walking around without one in the chamber seems just as ridiculous to me.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
walking around without one in the chamber seems just as ridiculous to me.

In fact, protecting one's self is utterly ridiculous. Nothing bad ever happens, anywhere, ever. Only paranoid people who enjoy saying "there was nothing I could do" to newspaper reporters carry guns.

What good is the right to defend one's self if not accompanied by the ability?

jpjpjp

yes,,aways carry w/1 in the chamber

always at the ready,carrying 70 percent of the time 1911c&l in a desantis mini slide,and an XD45 service also in a desantis mini slide.