Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 7/8 Wausau OC/CC Signing Meet-up

7/8 Wausau OC/CC Signing Meet-up

Friday - July 8th (unless the signing date changes)

Who is interested?
    Poor Obama. All this time, he thought he had been placed in charge of the GovernMINT.

Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

I might be interested. Depending on what's going on with the signing I'll be in town anyway.

My fiance lives near by. Easy and epic
    Poor Obama. All this time, he thought he had been placed in charge of the GovernMINT.

Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

I will be there!

Location? More specific than wausau?
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz View Post
    Location? More specific than wausau?
    The place where Walker signs the CCW bill

Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

I think I can make it . It will give the other half an excuse to go shopping in the BIG CITY !
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

1st page for those interested

Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

Checking in with Phred, he said the signing itself is not open to the public and sent a request to Senator Galloway to see if he can get an invitation. The signing is in the same area as the Culver's in Rothschild where there have been two open carry meet ups and not far from Gander Mountain:

http://www.hotels.com/ho222687/grand...s/#description
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    I guess I'm getting a little slow in my old age, but I just figured out that Gov. Walker is signing the bill in Wausau because that is in Senator Galloway's district!
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Working precludes my participation.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by scm54449 View Post
    Checking in with Phred, he said the signing itself is not open to the public and sent a request to Senator Galloway to see if he can get an invitation. The signing is in the same area as the Culver's in Rothschild where there have been two open carry meet ups and not far from Gander Mountain:

http://www.hotels.com/ho222687/grand...s/#description
    Right now there are at least three different possible "parties". At the minimum, there will be an OC meet n eat at the nearby Culver's after the signing.

If you are planning to come to the signing and want to be involved afterwards, PM me or shoot me an email.

As things get fleshed out, I'll keep you updated. No matter what the case, it will be short notice. I don't have an invite (yet?), but I'll be at one of the gatherings afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    +1 and also distance would make it a no go as well.... I am about 3 miles from the IL border....

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    I think I can make it . It will give the other half an excuse to go shopping in the BIG CITY !
    I was thinking the same thing. I'm about 85 miles away. But my wife cannot take Friday off from work, because someone else from her department is on vacation this week, and they're shorthanded. She's not too happy about missing a trip to the "big city", and said if I want to go to Wausau, why can't we go Saturday or Sunday when she's off? Anybody who's married will understand what I'm talking about.

Well I work but will see if I can attend afterwards. According to WAVEs Facebook page they may be in attendance outside the signing to protest. Would be great to see a large OC crowd in celebration.

I should bring my bike down to drown out the WAVE protesters like the Patriot Guard does to those loonies who protest soldier funerals.

What time is the Meet & greet at Culvers ?
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Question How fast can these tiddlers go?

I'd love to attend, but 175 miles one way is more than my budget can stand right now. I'm reviving a Geo Metro that has gotten up to 50 mpg, so maybe I can attend more of these functions in the future. I wonder how fast one of these tiddlers could go with four full-size 2A car poolers....?
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Remember the days when that statement was a bad thing?

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by XD40-OD View Post
    Friday - July 8th (unless the signing date changes)

Who is interested?
    I could be there but would need a few more specifics first - you know ; time, place ... minor stuff like that.
    "Those who would gve up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Here is what we have so far. Whether you are invited to the signing or not.....

In celebration of the very historic signing of the Conceal Carry – Senate Bill 93 by Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, the grass-roots organizations of Wisconsin Carry, Inc., The Uninfringed Liberty Group and Wausau TEA Party are planning a very historic gathering.

We will gather at The Bar in Rothschild for an AFTER THE SIGNING PARTY.

Friday, July 8, 2011 immediately following the signing of the Conceal Carry Bill (which is 2:30 pm - govt. time).

We would love to be able to bring everyone in the state together to celebrate! Regardless of whether you are a member of WI Carry, the TEA Party movement, the Republican Party, the WI State Legislature or not a member of anything other than being a contributor to the success toward Liberty, come and share in the excitement.

The Bar will sign a waiver for open carrying on Friday afternoon during this event. They have a fish fry special on Friday and they have a full regular menu (burgers, salads, sandwiches). There is also a Happy Hour from 3 to 7 where all drinks are 2 for 1.
    Last edited by phred; 07-05-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phred View Post
    In celebration of the very historic signing of the Conceal Carry Senate Bill 93 by Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, the grass-roots organizations of Wisconsin Carry, Inc., The Uninfringed Liberty Group and Wausau TEA Party are planning a very historic gathering.

We will gather at The Bar in Rothschild for an AFTER THE SIGNING PARTY.

Friday, July 8, 2011 immediately following the signing of the Conceal Carry Bill.

We would love to be able to bring everyone in the state together to celebrate! Regardless of whether you are a member of WI Carry, the TEA Party movement, the Republican Party, the WI State Legislature or not a member of anything other than being a contributor to the success toward Liberty, come and share in the excitement.

The Bar will sign a waiver for open carrying on Friday afternoon during this event. They have a fish fry special on Friday and they have a full regular menu (burgers, salads, sandwiches). There is also a Happy Hour from 3 to 7 where all drinks are 2 for 1.
    Oh I bet WAVE and Jeri are FREAKING OUT! GUNS IN BARS!!! THE WILD WEST HAS BEGUN!!
    I'll try to stop by to have a celebratory drink. Anyone know what time the signing is?

This is going to be great

Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Oh I bet WAVE and Jeri are FREAKING OUT! GUNS IN BARS!!! THE WILD WEST HAS BEGUN!!
    I'll try to stop by to have a celebratory drink. Anyone know what time the signing is?

2:30 pm - govt. time

Quote Originally Posted by phred View Post
    2:30 pm - govt. time

I probably won't be there till after 6 unless I get done early. Hopefully some will still be there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast