• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

7/8 Wausau OC/CC Signing Meet-up

phred

Here is what we have so far. Whether you are invited to the signing or not.....

In celebration of the very historic signing of the Conceal Carry – Senate Bill 93 by Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, the grass-roots organizations of Wisconsin Carry, Inc., The Uninfringed Liberty Group and Wausau TEA Party are planning a very historic gathering.

We will gather at The Bar in Rothschild for an AFTER THE SIGNING PARTY.

Friday, July 8, 2011 immediately following the signing of the Conceal Carry Bill (which is 2:30 pm - govt. time).

We would love to be able to bring everyone in the state together to celebrate! Regardless of whether you are a member of WI Carry, the TEA Party movement, the Republican Party, the WI State Legislature or not a member of anything other than being a contributor to the success toward Liberty, come and share in the excitement.

The Bar will sign a waiver for open carrying on Friday afternoon during this event. They have a fish fry special on Friday and they have a full regular menu (burgers, salads, sandwiches). There is also a Happy Hour from 3 to 7 where all drinks are 2 for 1.

Last edited:

Elysium

In celebration of the very historic signing of the Conceal Carry – Senate Bill 93 by Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, the grass-roots organizations of Wisconsin Carry, Inc., The Uninfringed Liberty Group and Wausau TEA Party are planning a very historic gathering.

Friday, July 8, 2011 immediately following the signing of the Conceal Carry Bill.

We would love to be able to bring everyone in the state together to celebrate! Regardless of whether you are a member of WI Carry, the TEA Party movement, the Republican Party, the WI State Legislature or not a member of anything other than being a contributor to the success toward Liberty, come and share in the excitement.

The Bar will sign a waiver for open carrying on Friday afternoon during this event. They have a fish fry special on Friday and they have a full regular menu (burgers, salads, sandwiches). There is also a Happy Hour from 3 to 7 where all drinks are 2 for 1.

Oh I bet WAVE and Jeri are FREAKING OUT! GUNS IN BARS!!! THE WILD WEST HAS BEGUN!!
I'll try to stop by to have a celebratory drink. Anyone know what time the signing is?

MKEgal

200+ miles each way, about 3 1/2 hours...
Anyone from the greater Milwaukee area want to carpool?
(Nonsmoking, please.)
I'd love to be at the signing, but would settle for the after-party.
And if the driver wants to indulge in those 2-for-1 drinks, I'll drive home.

scm54449

Opt-Out Members

Phred, I will be there! Thank you for your time & your work. By the way, did you get an invite or will you simply be at The Bar starting at 2:30??

Here is the corporate web page for all "The Bar" locations, though this link is specifically for the Rothschild location:

http://www.meetatthebar.com/wausau.html

There is a GoogleMap link on that web site to help out the folks who aren't from the Wausau area but for those of you who only want the map, here you go:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...88.054084&sspn=0.008724,0.015256&ie=UTF8&z=16

phred

Phred, I will be there! Thank you for your time & your work. By the way, did you get an invite or will you simply be at The Bar starting at 2:30??

I actually did get an invite. (after I asked for one). Thanks for posting the location info. I should have done that but things have been pretty ragged here today.

The Lodge and The Bar are about as far apart as Trip20 can spit an old fashion watermelon seed, i.e. within sight of each other.

If you have troubles with the location, I can tell you where to go. (Don't take that the wrong way.)

Trip20

The Lodge and The Bar are about as far apart as Trip20 can spit an old fashion watermelon seed, i.e. within sight of each other.

I would challenge you at 7 yards with that fancy 1911 ya got: seed versus ball ammo lets do it :lol:

That's a good idea. Friday fish fry and whiskey old fashioned sour(s) to celebrate the day..... thanks phred!

To anyone traveling to Wausau:

I believe the 51 exit ramp for the Cedar Creek shopping center (where all of this is located) is out of commission at the moment due to construction. I'll confirm this tomorrow on my way home from work. If there's a group of out-of-towners coming -- I have the day off and can meet you guys somewhere to guide you in.

If the exit is out of commission use this info:

Coming from the north: [strike]From Hwy 51/39 Take Hwy 29 East toward Green Bay and take exit 171 (marked with red star) just after crossing the bridge over Lake Wausau. Make a left at the bottom of the exit and you'll run right in to the shopping center. Take this same exit if coming from the east (i.e. from Green Bay)[/strike] EDIT: coming from the north you are OK to take exit 185. I will check the exit from the north bound lane after work:

comingfromnorth.jpg

Coming from the south
: From Hwy 51/39 north bound, take Exit 181 (marked with red star) for Maple Ridge Road. Hang a left at the top of the exit ramp. Take your next right on "Old Hwy 51. This will run you right up to the red arrow in the picture above:

comingfromsouth.jpg

Last edited:

Elysium

exit 185 is open to get off the highway. I belive getting back on will need another route

deadlifter

Anyone from Green Bay area going and have a motorcycle? Im taking the Harley and it'd be nice to have a partner. Also, do I have to bring my own waiver, or will they be available at The Bar?

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Raised fist radicals will be there. That should convince the Republicans they done wrong....NOT. Read the goofy sheeple comments on the Facebook link.

Wonder if Jeri will be front and center. Looks like WAVE has lost the anti leadership role and other organizations are trying to glob on to the Joyce Foundation money.

http://www.facebook.com/onewisconsinnow#!/middlewisconsin

Last edited: