Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second Annual Right to Carry Barbecue!

Accomplished Advocate

Second Annual Right to Carry Barbecue!

Hey all, we will be holding our second annual Right to Carry barbecue at Back Bay in Portland, Maine on the 14th of August at Noon. This is also called the Preble Street grass area. This event is a wonderful time to meet and greet people who have similar attitudes and viewpoints. This is a public event, therefore although MOCA organized the event we will in no way be held responsible for the actions of individuals.

Things we would like to see brought:
    Grills so you can eat food you cook and share with friends if you'd like.
    Picnic tables.
    Good attitudes.

right on,still need my genorator??? more than welcome to use it, like iv told you before...

XD-over

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by crdonov View Post
    right on,still need my genorator??? more than welcome to use it, like iv told you before...

XD-over
    unfortunately there were just too many stipulations to get a permit to use public space. Therefore we can't have a DJ... so no, we don't need your generator. We really appreciate the offer though!

thats alright... we will still have fun!!!

XD-over

are you going to let the media know???

other stipulations

IIRC, last time things got a little ... diverse. Political flags, rifles, etc. Are you going to ask people to keep it to just pistols this year?

Might also be worth reminding folks to leave all weapons holstered the entire times.

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by rhenriksen View Post
    IIRC, last time things got a little ... diverse. Political flags, rifles, etc. Are you going to ask people to keep it to just pistols this year?

Might also be worth reminding folks to leave all weapons holstered the entire times.
    You are correct sir. We will be asking people to leave ALL political items at home, this includes flags. Also, weapons must stay holstered at all times. The rules will be available on the MOCA website, although this is open to the public so we can't truly enforce them.

Quote Originally Posted by rhenriksen View Post

i didnt see any RIFLES last year!!! all the weapons i saw where Holstered!!!

XD-OVER

There were a couple mounted on a Jeep~
    Paul J. Mattson
    NRA Certified Instructor / RSO
    Maine CWP Training
    101 Main St.
    Harrison, ME 04040

www.mainecwptraining.com

(207) 583-4723
    CELL 232-7063

Quote Originally Posted by Maine CWP Training View Post
    oh ya, i forgot!!! sorry!!!

xd-over

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine CWP Training View Post
    Will you be attending this year, Paul? I don't remember seeing you there last year?

For the past 25 years we have a family reunion in Machias that weekend coinciding with the Blueberry Festival.
    Paul J. Mattson
    NRA Certified Instructor / RSO
    Maine CWP Training
    101 Main St.
    Harrison, ME 04040

www.mainecwptraining.com

(207) 583-4723
    CELL 232-7063

Accomplished Advocate
    lets start getting a head count if possible, along with what your going to bring if anything. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by shanebelanger View Post
    lets start getting a head count if possible, along with what your going to bring if anything. Thanks!
    my wife and I will be there!!!! not sure what to bring...

xd-over

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    ill be there if i dont have work. should have my new glock 23 with lazerlyte sights too ;-) maybe i can convince the gf to OC her sig P250 in the nice new serpa i just bought her for her b-day ;-)
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Just normal everyday folks doing what we all enjoy - good food and good conversation.

Yes, I recommend unofficial rules (there are ways to apply them) - starting with normal handguns properly holstered, no long guns, no political efforts (distracts from the main mission of getting like minded people together and acclimating the public)

Like John and Mike (OCDO owners) I own and enjoy long guns too, but NOT as part of our efforts here. I would go so far as to edit/delete any attempts to introduce LGs to the mix here. If actively introduced by a participant to the picnic, you will be demonstrating your own ideas are more important to you and in opposition to the sponsoring group MOCA and such will not be acceptable. Remember that there is strength in a cohesive front and weakness in distention - show your dedication and prevail.

Do not engage any antis in open argument - be polite and courteous, even walk away from direct attack. Try to direct any media or specific problems to Shane - let him be what he has so ably proven to be, your spokesperson. He is extremely well versed and schooled. This is not to say that others could not do equally as well - what you want is consistency and that no one else can provide in the same manner.

Have a ball - wish I could be there.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I like the rules.. I didn't go last year, because of what I heard about truck mounted guns, political opinions and un-holstered weapons. I love the idea but also believe that its still a touchy subject with a lot of Portland. I am sure there will be time before (or after) to go somewhere and un-holster and check em' out.

-Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by matthewg123 View Post
    I like the rules.. I didn't go last year, because of what I heard about truck mounted guns, political opinions and un-holstered weapons. I love the idea but also believe that its still a touchy subject with a lot of Portland. I am sure there will be time before (or after) to go somewhere and un-holster and check em' out.

-Matthew
    i was there last year!!! i never saw any unholstered weapons!!! if it was unholstered it would be considered brandishing a firearm. there were plenty of LEO's. everybody i saw where holstered at all times!!! yes there was signs, a jeep with a 1919 mounted on it, but there where never any unholstered handguns!!!

xd-over

May be true. All I was going on was the way other people were talking about it.

May be true. All I was going on was the way other people were talking about it.
    like i said,there were political signs,antis that where in their own area, and there was a jeep with a machine gun mounted to it!!! machine gun did stay on its mount!!! but there was never any unholstered Handguns!!! dont be scared, come out on August 14!!!

xd-over

oh dont get me wrong! I have been reading a lot about Shane and really want to pick his brain! (for a moment, im sure he will be busy.)

see you there!

Accomplished Advocate
    oh dont get me wrong! I have been reading a lot about Shane and really want to pick his brain! (for a moment, im sure he will be busy.)

see you there!
    If you would like, I reply to all PM's, emails and phone calls! :-)

see you there!
    watch for the black XD hat...

xd-over

Quote Originally Posted by shanebelanger View Post
    If you would like, I reply to all PM's, emails and phone calls! :-)
    yes he does!!!

xd-over

Quote Originally Posted by crdonov View Post
    watch for the black XD hat...

xd-over
    and probably an XD on the belt?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast