• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 7/1: 9:30 AM RCD Parham Rd & I-95

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
River City Diner on Parham Rd at the intersection of I-95. They have a sign out front so you should be able to find the place.

A gathering of The Usual Suspects and perhaps a recent addition will do a repeat performance? Rumor control says that two olde pharts will not be there, but for differing reasons. Will a certain Rat-fink really bring his own sausage to be grilled, or settle for second-best again?

If you don't show up you will never find out.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
And Saturday breakfast is actually tomorrow, not today.

Who's been putting 31 days in June?

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Rat-fink is goin' fishin'. Ya'll have a good one.

Good luck Rat!
St Peter will be bush hogging, hoeing (The garden style Skidmark:lol:) shooting at small targets, reworking my electrical panels.....enjoying being miles from other people and editing some interesting videos:lol:

sidestreet

Gonna try to make it...,

but like I 'splained to Peter, the clone lab is closed for the holiday and there aren't enough "me's" to get everything done. Gotta be somewhere else on the 16th also, so I gotta get some breakfast sometime, I dunno.

Who knows? Either way, have fun guys, I'll miss you all.

sidestreet

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I hope everyone had a good time.
I was looking over my garden and it was doing fine despite the drought.
The rabbits have eaten several thousand lettuce and spinach plants.
The Deer have eaten a few hundred bean plants.
The Bears and Birds have eaten 50 acres of Blackberries.

Zeus nearly had heat stroke and Jane was right behind him, so I had to run the generator, I'm still upgrading the solar system and the wind turbine doesn't crank out enough to run everything.

I got tired of listening to that so I went to the range and gave the new S&W a work and I'm in love.

I have had to drive to Chase City twice now to get a signal on my modem...So I'm having fun:uhoh:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Just so you know my day wasn't a total waste...

This is my new little gun shooting the Keith style bullets I use in mt 45 LC:uhoh:
And before you say it..yeah, I got two flyers. I ain't perfect, just good:cry:
And yes....that load is giving some horizontal stringing but I'm not sure it's worth working it out in a defense gun.

firstshots.jpg

firstshots2.jpg

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
What is the recoil like in .45ACP in a revolver? More like a .38 or a .357?

No, that's the Airlite and is the lightest revolver I've ever held. Recoil is stiff, a lot like mid range 44 magnums in my model 29, but not severe or unmanageable.

I'd consider it a bad day if I shot like that with my Super Blackhawk or any of my larger guns...but for a feather light 2 3/4" revolver shooting hand and a half, I'm flat delighted.

The Wolfhound

Thanks!

Since all my .45ACP has been out of auto-loaders, it was hard for me to compare. Even harder since my current .45s all have recoil reduction built in. For the skeptics: Hell yes, you can tell the difference! The reduction is real.