Thread: How to protect myself in Cali during visit from Va?

How to protect myself in Cali during visit from Va?

I am going to Ca to visit and I'm wondering what my options are for self-protection. I presume I have to leave my HG at home. I'll be flying in on Jet Blue.

Is OC spray legal/advisable? Tac light 140 lumens? What are the legalities of using a non-lethal weapon such as the above? Are there any special provisions/exemptions if you are disabled (walk with a cane).

TIA
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    I am going to Ca to visit and I'm wondering what my options are for self-protection. I presume I have to leave my HG at home. I'll be flying in on Jet Blue.

Is OC spray legal/advisable? Tac light 140 lumens? What are the legalities of using a non-lethal weapon such as the above? Are there any special provisions/exemptions if you are disabled (walk with a cane).

TIA
    A cane is not a weapon. It is a walking aid. Mine is solid oak and could easliy break the wrist of someone wielding a knife.

If an officer asks why you have a cane, tell him about your bad ankle or bad knee, whatever legitimate reason you have for needing a cane.

Thanks. Turns out I'm not going to Ca after all. My partner's kids decided that I was persona non grata for taking away their mommy. (oh, they're 40 and 30 y.o.) Sheesh.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life