Thread: Freshman Republican to Democrats: Present a budget or I’ll shut this place down

Ohio, USA

Freshman Republican to Democrats: Present a budget or I’ll shut this place down

Freshman Republican Ron Johnson, sent to Washington by the voters of Wisconsin, has issued a threat to Senate Democrats:

Do the job you were sent here to do and present a budget or I’ll use arcane Senate rules to shut the place down.

National Review reviews Johnson’s threat:

“America is going bankrupt, and the Senate refuses to pass a budget,” Johnson said. “Unfortunately, this has become business as usual in Washington.” If fact, it’s been almost 800 days since the Senate has done so under Democratic leadership.

As a freshman senator, Johnson said he was sent to Washington to reject “business as usual,” and that is exactly what he intends to do. “America is simply too precious to subject out financial future to Washington’s ‘business as usual,’” he said. “So unless we receive some assurance from the Democrat leadership that we will actually start addressing our budget out in the open, in the bright light of day — I will begin to object. I will begin to withhold my consent.”

“The Senate needs to pass a budget. It shouldn’t be that difficult.”
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    The Real World.
    The POTUS (BOOOO) is supposed to present a budget.

I just can't wait till we have a real President.

Just 569 Days, 14 Hours, 32 Minutes, 13 Seconds more my friends.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Whatcom County
    What you mean Ron Paul will be president?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Regular Member EricDailey X-NRA's Avatar
    Wake County, NC

Where's My Guy

I guess I'll call Sen. Richard Burr of NC and ask why he's not doing more?
    Get a DVR, a Digital Voice Recorder, carry it 24/7. It's cheap, easy and makes a good witness in Court.

Triangle Open Carry Meetup
    This is a link for a "gunz r welcome" sign.
    FORUM RULES (14)
    ....This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life.