• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Freshman Republican to Democrats: Present a budget or I’ll shut this place down

zack991

Freshman Republican Ron Johnson, sent to Washington by the voters of Wisconsin, has issued a threat to Senate Democrats:

Do the job you were sent here to do and present a budget or I’ll use arcane Senate rules to shut the place down.

National Review reviews Johnson’s threat:

“America is going bankrupt, and the Senate refuses to pass a budget,” Johnson said. “Unfortunately, this has become business as usual in Washington.” If fact, it’s been almost 800 days since the Senate has done so under Democratic leadership.

As a freshman senator, Johnson said he was sent to Washington to reject “business as usual,” and that is exactly what he intends to do. “America is simply too precious to subject out financial future to Washington’s ‘business as usual,’” he said. “So unless we receive some assurance from the Democrat leadership that we will actually start addressing our budget out in the open, in the bright light of day — I will begin to object. I will begin to withhold my consent.”

“The Senate needs to pass a budget. It shouldn’t be that difficult.”

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/freshm...ts-present-budget-or-ill-shut-this-place-down

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
The POTUS
thumbsdown.gif
(BOOOO) is supposed to present a budget.

I just can't wait till we have a real President.

Just 569 Days, 14 Hours, 32 Minutes, 13 Seconds more my friends.

http://www.obamaclock.org/