Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CC under scrubs?

CC under scrubs?

Any here wear scrubs to work and try to OC or CC while wearing them? The draw string on the pants isnt gonna hold with a Glock hanging from it...

I wear scrubs at times, business casual at other times. I'm thinking about thunderwear or a tactical t shirt and my TCP. Nothing too big. I will get fired if anyone finds out, but a risk I'm willing to take in my line of work.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’— Thomas Jefferson

Member of NRA, GOA, WCI

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    Any here wear scrubs to work and try to OC or CC while wearing them? The draw string on the pants isnt gonna hold with a Glock hanging from it...
    The SmartCarry has its own built in belt.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

I just ordered six holsters for myself n my buddies, check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJIZW...e_gdata_player

I have no affiliation with them, just thought you might like to know about'em. They did take $20 off when I purchased 3 or more
    Last edited by BrewTownBagger; 07-01-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Ankle holster? Not that I'm a fan of them... But still...
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

I carried S&W bodyguard 38 special in ankle holster when I did home health. Light gun forgot I had it on at times.

I suggest ankle holster or shoulder holster. Ankle holsters aren't the best for day in day out carry but they have a time and a place.

Quote Originally Posted by smithman View Post
    I suggest ankle holster or shoulder holster. Ankle holsters aren't the best for day in day out carry but they have a time and a place.
    With my current dress attire for work, I may have to go this route.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

What about just a "Gun Belt" seperate from the pants.... Could be sinched tight around the waist under the pants and concealed with pants and shirt....

I sometimes use this method (sinched on top of pants) to (open) carry my Judge....

Just a thought...
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    What about just a "Gun Belt" seperate from the pants.... Could be sinched tight around the waist under the pants and concealed with pants and shirt....

I sometimes use this method (sinched on top of pants) to (open) carry my Judge....

Just a thought...
    Sounds a little kinky....
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    Sounds a little kinky....
    Thats exactly what my girlfriend said.....

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by BrewTownBagger View Post
    I was just talking about a Velcro/stretchable belt design with a buddy, I had no idea someone was already doing it. Are there no ideas that haven't been thought of yet!!!
    Cleveland's Holsters, LLC https://clevelandsholsters.com/

"When your life depends on it, you can depend on Cleveland's Holsters!"

Made in Wisconsin with 100% American manufactured materials.

We give away a free holster every month on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cleve...19323708154588

Smart anything small and light. I'd recommend a Keltec P3AT, Ruger LCP, S&W Bodyguard. Anything else close to those dimensions would be ideal while dealing with patients. Next step up are the Kahr PM9s and other guns in that size and range.

If your job is consisting of moving patients, being highly mobile, you don't want something large to have their appendages or others hit up against it.

Massage Therapy I'd recommend the same with my own experience. Pocket carry or IWB in general is not going to cut it when your job is moving of conscious or unconscious people and working with or without others and demanding full movement and not able to choose which side you want to reach with etc.

ETA. I just recently realized one of my videos is still on smartcarry's website I can carry my LCP doing the entire P90X workout, running for 60 minutes at a time and performing relaxation and clinical body work. I have yet to find anything even remotely close other then competitors. I've had girls on my lap try to feel it without using their hands and they can't feel either I have really tested these holsters and have had fun doing it.

http://smartcarry.com/videos/smartcarrywkout.mov
    Last edited by Passive101; 07-01-2011 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Passive101 View Post
    Smart anything small and light. I'd recommend a Keltec P3AT, Ruger LCP, S&W Bodyguard. Anything else close to those dimensions would be ideal while dealing with patients. Next step up are the Kahr PM9s and other guns in that size and range.

If your job is consisting of moving patients, being highly mobile, you don't want something large to have their appendages or others hit up against it.

Massage Therapy I'd recommend the same with my own experience. Pocket carry or IWB in general is not going to cut it when your job is moving of conscious or unconscious people and working with or without others and demanding full movement and not able to choose which side you want to reach with etc.

ETA. I just recently realized one of my videos is still on smartcarry's website I can carry my LCP doing the entire P90X workout, running for 60 minutes at a time and performing relaxation and clinical body work. I have yet to find anything even remotely close other then competitors. I've had girls on my lap try to feel it without using their hands and they can't feel either I have really tested these holsters and have had fun doing it.

How do you draw quickly when you are wearing pants w/belt? It looks like it would be very difficult with the gun being flush with the waistline like that. Don't you carry with one in the chamber?

That's quite a scar on your leg.

And nice cat.

ETA: the fustionpac looks like a possibility. I wish they had a website.
    Last edited by rcav8r; 07-01-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Passive101 View Post

Looks cool, but I don't like the idea of having a gun pointed at my other gun.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

McX
    the clothes wont support much, the addition of anything would be noticed. if your in a room, and going to be there for some time, table, adjacent- unloaded encased. everybody in the room who's awake knows it and is cool? Chopping about the hospital corridors might get dicey. and loose falling pant-sy.

Belly band

I can't carry my Glock wearing scrubs. I use these scrubs with a Desert Eagle Micro in the front pocket for carry after work if I stop off somewhere. Two spare mags and a knife in the left pocket. .380 is not my first choice for self defense, but better than nothing.
    http://www.landau.com/product/detail...ens-cargo-pant

looks like i may have to consider a NEW smaller firearm...

looks like i may have to consider a NEW smaller firearm...
    .380 ammo has come a long way in stopping power; Buffalo Bore 380 Auto +P Ammo - 100 gr. Hardcast F.N. (1150fps/ M.E. 294 ft. lbs.) seems to be the hot setup.... I'm very interested in this caliber as a bug.
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

I can not carry at work. The clinic that I work for said no guns at work.

I have yet to go through the initial training for my new job..hopefully theres nothing in the paperwork about 'no guns'...if theres not, im NOT gonna ask...planning on scrubs most of the time..but my do the khakis/shirt/tie ocasionally also...

I just had a funny thought, so let's say your at work in scrubs. Something happens to you and you end up unconscious, so the EMT's or your coworkers start taking your clothing off to you know...save your life. Then they find the firearm in your pocket...or as they lay you on the table it falls out of your pocket and goes ka ching on the floor. OOOOh to see that on video.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Funny you should mention that moto.... Ive wondered, HOW would emt's handle a found firearm on an unconscious individual...? not that I plan on being that way..but one never knows.

Funny you should mention that moto.... Ive wondered, HOW would emt's handle a found firearm on an unconscious individual...? not that I plan on being that way..but one never knows.
    With all the nanny laws on liability, they'd probably have to let him/her lay there until someone "qualified" cleared the weapon or risk losing the farm.
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast