• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC under scrubs?

baldp8

I wear scrubs at times, business casual at other times. I'm thinking about thunderwear or a tactical t shirt and my TCP. Nothing too big. I will get fired if anyone finds out, but a risk I'm willing to take in my line of work.

protias

I suggest ankle holster or shoulder holster. Ankle holsters aren't the best for day in day out carry but they have a time and a place.

With my current dress attire for work, I may have to go this route.

Outdoorsman1

What about just a "Gun Belt" seperate from the pants.... Could be sinched tight around the waist under the pants and concealed with pants and shirt....

I sometimes use this method (sinched on top of pants) to (open) carry my Judge....

Just a thought...

Passive101

Smart anything small and light. I'd recommend a Keltec P3AT, Ruger LCP, S&W Bodyguard. Anything else close to those dimensions would be ideal while dealing with patients. Next step up are the Kahr PM9s and other guns in that size and range.

If your job is consisting of moving patients, being highly mobile, you don't want something large to have their appendages or others hit up against it.

Massage Therapy I'd recommend the same with my own experience. Pocket carry or IWB in general is not going to cut it when your job is moving of conscious or unconscious people and working with or without others and demanding full movement and not able to choose which side you want to reach with etc.

ETA. I just recently realized one of my videos is still on smartcarry's website :) I can carry my LCP doing the entire P90X workout, running for 60 minutes at a time and performing relaxation and clinical body work. I have yet to find anything even remotely close other then competitors. I've had girls on my lap try to feel it without using their hands and they can't feel either ;) I have really tested these holsters and have had fun doing it.

http://smartcarry.com/videos/smartcarrywkout.mov

Last edited:

rcav8r

Smart anything small and light. I'd recommend a Keltec P3AT, Ruger LCP, S&W Bodyguard. Anything else close to those dimensions would be ideal while dealing with patients. Next step up are the Kahr PM9s and other guns in that size and range.

If your job is consisting of moving patients, being highly mobile, you don't want something large to have their appendages or others hit up against it.

Massage Therapy I'd recommend the same with my own experience. Pocket carry or IWB in general is not going to cut it when your job is moving of conscious or unconscious people and working with or without others and demanding full movement and not able to choose which side you want to reach with etc.

ETA. I just recently realized one of my videos is still on smartcarry's website :) I can carry my LCP doing the entire P90X workout, running for 60 minutes at a time and performing relaxation and clinical body work. I have yet to find anything even remotely close other then competitors. I've had girls on my lap try to feel it without using their hands and they can't feel either ;) I have really tested these holsters and have had fun doing it.

How do you draw quickly when you are wearing pants w/belt? It looks like it would be very difficult with the gun being flush with the waistline like that. Don't you carry with one in the chamber?

That's quite a scar on your leg.

And nice cat. :D

ETA: the fustionpac looks like a possibility. I wish they had a website.

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member

Looks cool, but I don't like the idea of having a gun pointed at my other gun.

M

McX

the clothes wont support much, the addition of anything would be noticed. if your in a room, and going to be there for some time, table, adjacent- unloaded encased. everybody in the room who's awake knows it and is cool? Chopping about the hospital corridors might get dicey. and loose falling pant-sy.