Thread: Multiple handgun - ATF report

Question Multiple handgun - ATF report

So I recently ordered a 1911 on gun broker. I received the wrong gun when it got to my local FFL. They refused to ship it back so I did the transfer and sent the gun back to the seller. I bought the 1911 I wanted on buds. I had it sent to the same FFL (easier since they were on file). I transferred the wrong gun to be sent back on a saturday and received my 1911 I wanted today (the following thursday). When I bought it something popped up on the screen at the dealer that said CUSTOMER HAS PURCHASED HANDGUN IN THE PAST 5 DAYS, CONTINUE WITH PURCHASE?

They said they had to report my multiple purchases to the ATF. So now what? Am I on some black list for life now? I didn't really BUY 2 handguns, I got the wrong one and sent it back. Am I expecting to hear from the ATF now over this?

So?
    If they/anyone contact you or ask about it, turn it around on em and say "AND??"...

What if you bought 3 cars in a week? or 2 houses? Tell em to stick it someplace tight and dark..

Quote Originally Posted by j4l View Post
    So?
    If they/anyone contact you or ask about it, turn it around on em and say "AND??"...

What if you bought 3 cars in a week? or 2 houses? Tell em to stick it someplace tight and dark..
    Hahaha I absolutely agree !!!! here we go boys and girls,,what's the boyscout motto?
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Stop buying guns through the system?

I buy exclusively from private sellers. People need the money, too. I'm one of them... :-p
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    So I recently ordered a 1911 on gun broker. I received the wrong gun when it got to my local FFL. They refused to ship it back so I did the transfer and sent the gun back to the seller. I bought the 1911 I wanted on buds. I had it sent to the same FFL (easier since they were on file). I transferred the wrong gun to be sent back on a saturday and received my 1911 I wanted today (the following thursday). When I bought it something popped up on the screen at the dealer that said CUSTOMER HAS PURCHASED HANDGUN IN THE PAST 5 DAYS, CONTINUE WITH PURCHASE?

They said they had to report my multiple purchases to the ATF. So now what? Am I on some black list for life now? I didn't really BUY 2 handguns, I got the wrong one and sent it back. Am I expecting to hear from the ATF now over this?
    As sucky as it is, it's not that you're blacklisted. It's merely a reporting technique from ATF that requires an FFL to send a seperate form to ATF in the event that you are purchasing multiple firearms within a period of time. There's no federal legal limit for you to follow, but the FFL might have to file the additional paperwork. I would venture to guess this warning was more of a reminder for the FFL and has no bearing directly on your purchase.

And, ATF is not supposed to keep transaction records past a certain amount of time ... it has been mentioned here numerous times, but I am sure it is a simple google search.

Whether the BATFE is actually following the law is a matter for a different forum
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!