Thread: Was it someone from this site? Unicorn in Ruckersville

Was it someone from this site? Unicorn in Ruckersville

I was on 33 today right at the intersection where it meets with 29 in Ruckersville and saw a red Mazda car with a VCDL sticker, Guns Save Lives sticker, and a few Sig stickers. I just wondered if it was anyone from on here. This is the first time I've seen the GSL sticker locally and I know many guys on here have it on their vehicles.

2A
    Last edited by OC-moto450r; 08-02-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hometheaterman View Post
    This is the first time I've seen the GSL sticker locally

That is surprizing that this is your first sighting of a GSL locally.
    I've noticed more VCDL/GSL stickers/magnets in this area than when I lived in NoVA.
    Heck, there's even someone that has an Opencarry related license plate, I noticed it when it was parked in the overflow/dirt lot near my wifes place of employement.
    Noticed a GSL magnet on a stroller once while at our usual breakfast spot, ened up having a nice conversation with the folks, their dogs were extremely well behaved for being around all those folks eating.

For the record it wasn't me, I don't drive a Mazda.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Wasn't me but I did OC in Ruckersville at the western store last weekend
    "Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again"

Founder's Club Member
    How is it a unicorn if it has a VCDL and GSL sticker? Those items virtually assure it is not a unicorn.

I'm not sure why I haven't seen more, but it was the first one I've noticed. I've bumped into a couple of open carriers, but after chatting with them only one of them was a member on this site. I tried to tell the others about this site, and I hope they now are members too.

As for the unicorn, I'm not sure. That's why I didn't initially use that word, whoever edited did. I wasn't sure if that's what I should call it or not since it wasn't really someone open carrying.

Founder's Club Member
    SNIP As for the unicorn...I wasn't sure if that's what I should call it or not...
    Easily solved.

A unicorn is someone who open carries without having heard of VCDL, OCDO, etc., just from finding out on their own it is not prohibited.

Such a person was judged to be as rare as a unicorn.

Given the press coverage of OC over the last few years, its kinda doubtful any new unicorns will appear. Although, the pre-OCDO original unicorns are still around. New Mexico and Arizona seemed to have a good number of them. A couple are even members here. I think SonoraRebel is one.

Sounds like superdad
    If Obama is the answer; how stupid was the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    A unicorn is someone who open carries without having heard of VCDL, OCDO, etc., just from finding out on their own it is not prohibited.

Such a person was judged to be as rare as a unicorn.
    I'd never heard it defined before... thanks.

In MD, however, I tend to think of anyone who openly shows themselves to be a handgun owner/2A supoporter to be a Unicorn.

Charlottesville / Hampton Roads, Virginia, USA
    I was on 33 today right at the intersection where it meets with 29 in Ruckersville and saw a red Mazda car with a VCDL sticker, Guns Save Lives sticker, and a few Sig stickers. I just wondered if it was anyone from on here. This is the first time I've seen the GSL sticker locally and I know many guys on here have it on their vehicles.

Sorry for the delay in responding but I've not checked the site in a few days. That was me in the Red Mazda sporting the VCDL/GSL/Sig stickers. Also have the big USN Retired stickers across the top. I'm around that area often as I live up in Stanardsville. Hope to see you around.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDad View Post
    I live up in Stanardsville.
    Surprised we haven't run into one another, I also live in Stanardsville.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Quote Originally Posted by Agent19 View Post
    Surprised we haven't run into one another, I also live in Stanardsville.
    Given the number of people who can say that... it truly is a mathematical marvel!

TFred

Jealous of you both. One of the prettiest areas of the Commonwealth, and full of history.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat10k View Post
    Jealous of you both. One of the prettiest areas of the Commonwealth, and full of history.
    Yeah, and if Agent19 lives there, its full of something else, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Yeah, and if Agent19 lives there, its full of something else, too.
    That would be Peace, Love and Good will to all man kind.

~Alan Korwin

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat10k View Post
    Some of my Mom's family is from the area (mainly Stanardsville and Barboursville). Not many left there now, though.