• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Annual Colorado Tactical Shoot & Competition

mahkagari

$250????? Are they providing ammo? BRC's combat pistol matches are $20. That's a little steep for a couple of shirts and a ball cap.

CowboyJustice

$250????? Are they providing ammo? BRC's combat pistol matches are $20. That's a little steep for a couple of shirts and a ball cap.

No, they don't provide the ammo or the foot rubs. I disagree. If you take into consideration the instruction is provided by one of the best instructors, Fred Mastison. Plus, the fact that it is a three day event. Which is split into a close combat handgun, tactical carbine and a competition with some nice awards.

I personally feel the price is accurate and would pay that without a hitch. Honestly, a $20 class, is really cheap and most likely that is all the class is worth.

With that said, I am not concerned about price. Rather, the legitimacy of CTSC. They are doing a "thank a Vet" Fourth of July Giveaway. In which all you need to do is thank a veteran for their service and snap a picture. At 12:30pm, Monday, they will giveaway one AR15 and one M16 for doing so. This can be found on their Facebook--> http://www.facebook.com/UnitedShooterAssociation

Hope that clarifies a bit better.

mahkagari

If you take into consideration the instruction is provided by one of the best instructors, Fred Mastison. Plus, the fact that it is a three day event. Which is split into a close combat handgun, tactical carbine and a competition with some nice awards.

I personally feel the price is accurate and would pay that without a hitch. Honestly, a $20 class, is really cheap and most likely that is all the class is worth.

Ah, it's training. That part wasn't clear. If it's three days hands-on training, that's a steal. The BRC match is just a match. The $20 basically covers range time.

CowboyJustice

Ah, it's training. That part wasn't clear. If it's three days hands-on training, that's a steal. The BRC match is just a match. The $20 basically covers range time.

Thanks for clarifying. You had me seriously concerned there for a second.

Correct. I called the United Shooter's Association. They were really helpful in answering all my questions. This is what they said: "It is a three day ultra-realistic close combat handgun, tactical carbine and competition. We have designed the handgun course around real world, 7 yards or less situations." In response to my question about location, he said: "We have partnered with Rocky Mountain Guns & Ammo. They have signed on to provide their amazing tactical private range, for many future annual CTSC events. The location is east of Denver, near the Bennett/Byers area. Just off the Kiowa Bennett highway.

They also stated their official Annual Colorado Tactical Shoot & Competition (CTSC) website will be live and functional by Friday of this upcoming week. Site URL: http://www.coloradotacticalshoot.com

IMHO it just sounds like a hell of a fun & quality tactical training event, with a competition at the end. IMO, if it ends up being as good as it sounds, I might go as far as to say that it would be one of the top annual training events in CO.

If you know more about the CTSC, let us know. Opinions or comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

mahkagari

They were really helpful in answering all my questions. This is what they said: "It is a three day ultra-realistic close combat handgun, tactical carbine and competition.

That they keep only referring to it as "competition" is what's giving me pause. Will there be actual formal instruction and coaching or will the training consist of the practice you get from competing? If the latter, it sounds like standing around trading tips with other competitors for three days except for two or three 90 second drills when it's your turn to shoot.

I've seen other courses like this with hands on instruction that were 10 times as much. Just trying to see where this fits in.

CowboyJustice

From what I can see if find, it would mainly a tactical pistol and carbine course. With a little competition at the end to give attendees a day of fun, incorporation of all things learned and a chance to win an ar15 or m&p40, one years training from Fred Mastison, ect...

Fred Mastison is a very well known and respected instructor. It seems like he has got the course well thought out and broken down. Read http://unitedshootersassociation.wordpress.com.

I am definitely going. I signed up and registered for the event yesterday. To pay for it, they use PayPal. I liked that, it made it easy. I got emails conforming everything, quickly. I'm excited to start training from their first event.

The official event range is Rocky Mountain Guns & Ammo' private tactical range. Are you familiar with RMGA? I had good experiences with them.