• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed Carry License Summary by ksks

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
I have a summary with footnotes, but when I try to post none of the notes copy.
It is in Word. If I email it to someone, can you post it with all the references attached?
ks
Here is what ksks asked me to post. I've tried to preserve his formatting as closely as possible. The references/footnotes/applicable statutes are in light blue and linkable:
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Concealed Carry License[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Handgun, Knife, Electric Weapon, Billy club[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Not a legal document or legal advice[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Concealed Weapon[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1) [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]“Weapon” means a handgun, an electric weapon, as defined in s. 941.295[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif](1c) (a), a knife other than a switchblade knife under s. 941.24, or a Billy club.[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]941.295 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif](1c) [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif](intro.) In this section, “Electric weapon” means any device[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]which is designed, redesigned, used or intended to be used, offensively or[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]defensively, to immobilize or incapacitate persons by the use of electric[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]current.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Licensee can carry a concealed weapon[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1) Rules shall allow all of the following…[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]2[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A licensee, as defined in s. 175.60 (1) (d), or an out−of−state licensee, as defined in s. 175.60 (1) (g), to carry a concealed weapon as permitted under s. 175.60[/FONT].[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]3[/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]anywhere in this state except as provided under subs. (15m) and (16) and ss. 943.13 (1m) (c) and 948.605 (2) (b) 1r.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]4[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Where I [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]can not[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] carry.[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Police Station[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]5[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Sheriff Dept.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]State Patrol[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]County, State or Federal Courthouse[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Airport - beyond secured area [/FONT]
  6. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Prison, jail, HOC, Sand Ridge, WRC, secured portion of MH unit[/FONT]
  7. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Municipal courtroom when in session[/FONT]
  8. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Office of Division of Criminal Investigation special agent of DOJ[/FONT]
  9. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]For above, [/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Can keep a weapon in a vehicle in parking facility[/FONT]
    2. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]They don’t have to post or notify that I can’t carry[/FONT]
  10. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]On grade school/high school grounds and in buildings[/FONT]
  11. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Single-family[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] private residence with land.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]6[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] Cannot enter or remain in a residence or on its land when the occupant tells you not to enter or remain.[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Multi family[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] residence.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]7[/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Cannot enter or remain in that residence if the [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]occupant[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] says NO. Does not apply to common area, or common land.[/FONT]
    2. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Cannot enter or remain in the common area or on the grounds if the [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]owner[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] of facility says NO.[/FONT]
    3. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Does not apply to the parking area if firearm is in the car.[/FONT]
    4. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Occupiers of residence can carry in residence and in common areas even if posted.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]8[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Non-residential[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] building and its land,[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]9[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] if owner/occupant has given notice not to enter or remain.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif](Includes nursing home, CBRF, AFH, residential care apt, and hospice)[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]10[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Does not apply to: [/FONT]
      1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Buildings, grounds, or land occupied by the State or local govt. (see below)[/FONT]
      2. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Privately or publically owned bldg on grounds of a college or university. (see below)[/FONT]
      3. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Grounds owned or occupied by a college or university[/FONT]
      4. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]If in a vehicle, any part of a building, grounds or land used as parking[/FONT]
  1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Land in General[/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Can not enter or remain on any land of another after having been notified by the owner or occupant not to enter or remain on the premises.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]11[/FONT]
      1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]This paragraph does not apply to a licensee or out-of-state licensee if the owner's or occupant's intent is to prevent the licensee or out-of-state licensee from carrying a firearm on the owner's or occupant's land.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]12[/FONT]
      2. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Land - assume it means all real estate not otherwise covered by the law. For SB93 purposes, it does not include land associated with residential buildings, nonresidential buildings, government buildings, special events, prohibited government facilities.[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Special event – an event that is open to the public, is for a duration of not more than 3 weeks, and either has designated entrances to and from the event that are locked when the event is closed, [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]or[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] requires admission.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]13[/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Does not apply if the handgun is in the vehicle.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Any part of a building that is owned, occupied or controlled by the state or any local govt unit [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]if[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] they notified the person not to enter or remain in the bldg.[/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]does not apply[/FONT]
      1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]If bldg. is already prohibited, e.g. courthouse[/FONT]
      2. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]To a person who leases residential or business premises in the bldg. [/FONT]
      3. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]If in a vehicle driven or parked in parking facility.[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]University or college, public or private[/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Can not carry in bldgs if posted.[/FONT]
    2. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Can carry on grounds without restriction[/FONT]
    3. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Does not apply if:[/FONT]
      1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Person leases residential or business premises in bldg. [/FONT]
      2. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Firearm in vehicle in parking facility[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Federal Property[/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Courthouses and parking lots[/FONT]
    2. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Buildings and parking lots[/FONT]
    3. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Any building, or part of a building, owned or leased by Federal govt[/FONT]
    4. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Federal prisons and parking lots[/FONT]
    5. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]National cemeteries and parking lots[/FONT]
    6. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]VA medical centers and parking lots[/FONT]
    7. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Military bases [/FONT]
      1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Can’t carry but may be able to possess[/FONT]
    8. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Amtrak[/FONT]
      1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Can go in checked luggage[/FONT]
    9. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Post office and parking lot[/FONT]
    10. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Indian reservations - controlled by the tribe[/FONT]
    11. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]National Forest[/FONT]
        1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Land - OK to carry if allowed to carry in the State[/FONT]
        2. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Cannot carry in buildings[/FONT]
          1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Free standing shelters and toilets are OK to carry[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Penalties[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]For 1-8, fine max $500, jail max 30 days, or both[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]14[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]For 12-16, Class B forfeiture[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]For not carrying you license and ID[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]15[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] - $25, unless you show LEO license and ID within 48 hours[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]To give notice[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]16[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1) [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]A person has received notice from the owner or occupant if he or she has[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]been notified personally, either orally or in writing, or if the land is posted.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Posting a sign to all above (not needed for single family residence)[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]17[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Located in a prominent place, with reasonable expectation to be seen[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Near all entrances[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Special events posted near all entrances[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]For grounds or land, sign near all probable access points [/FONT]
  5. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Business or residence sign must be at least 5”x7[/FONT]
  6. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Land sign must be at least 11 inches square[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]18[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Must carry the License and another photo ID when carrying.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]19[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Do I have to show LEO my License?[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Must display license and photo ID[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]20[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] to LEO upon request of LEO while acting in an official capacity and with lawful authority.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]21[/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]If caught without, will be fined $25, unless I present both documents to the law enforcement agency within 48 hours.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Length of License[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]5 years[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]22[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DOJ will mail notice 90 days before expiration[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]DOJ must renew within 21 days of receipt of application, statement and fees.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Can renew until 90 days after expiration date.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Can my employer stop me from carrying?[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]23[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Yes, when in the course of the employee’s employment.[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]But, cannot prevent employer from carrying in the employee’s own car, regardless of whether the vehicle is used in the course of employment.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]24[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Employer cannot prevent employee from carrying in her/his vehicle driven or parked on employer’s property.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Immunity from liability[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]One who owns or occupies the property and allows others to carry is immune[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]25[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]An employer who does not prohibit employees from carrying is immune[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]26[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Disorderly conduct[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]27[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]One can not be charged for loading or carrying, either openly or concealed.[/FONT]
    1. “[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Unless other facts and circumstances that indicate a criminal or malicious intent on the part of the person apply, a person is not in violation of, and may not be charged with a violation of, this section for loading, carrying, or going armed with a firearm, without regard to whether the firearm is loaded or is concealed or openly carried.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Can carry open or concealed[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]28[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Alcohol, where it is sold and consumed[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Can carry as long as I don’t drink alcohol[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Gun Free School Zone (grades 1-12)[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Class I felony for possession firearm on grounds or in bldg without special circumstances[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]29[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Class B forfeiture for possessing a firearm within 1,000 feet of the grounds of a school[/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Without a permit[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]30[/FONT]
    2. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Open carry with permit OK in school zone.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]In a vehicle, one can:[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Vehicle.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]31[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Place, possess or transport a handgun in a vehicle.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]32[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Load a handgun[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]33[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Operate ATV while carrying[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Place, possess or transport a handgun in a motorboat with the motor running.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]34[/FONT]
  6. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Place, possess or transport a handgun in a non-commercial aircraft.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]35[/FONT]
  7. [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Can not carry in a vehicle on some federal land, eg VA hospital[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Carry in a State park, a State fish hatchery,[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]36[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] or a wildlife refuge[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]37[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Yes[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Change of address[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1) Must notify DOJ within 30 days[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]38[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]---------------[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]HOC= House of Correction, Sand Ridge=prison treatment center for sexually violent offenders, WRC= WI Resource Center prison hospital for mental health, secured portion of MH unit=mental health, CBRF=community based residential facility, AFH=adult family home, LEO=law enforcement officer[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]---------------[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]http://legis.wisconsin.gov/senate/sen11/news/images/0930_001%20FAQ.pdf[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/related/amendments/sb93/ssa2_sb93[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Questions[/FONT]:
Hunting – carrying concealed or open?
- are either legal?

Accidentally entering
What if you miss the sign? Sounds like you can still be fined???

Open or concealed in vehicle.
-does it say that specifically?
-with or without a license?

Where is the alcohol reference?

Footnotes:
1 175.60 (j)

2 440.26 (3m)

3 440.26 (3m)(d)

4 175.60 (2g)(a)

5 175.60(16)

6 943.13 (1m)(c) 1

7 943.13 (1m)(c) 1

8 943.13 (1m)(c) 1m

9 943.13 (1m)(c) 2

10 943.13 (1e)(cm)

11 943.13 (1m)(c) 2

12 943.13 (1m)(b)

13 943.13 (1e)(h)

14 175.60 (17)(ag)

15 175.60(17)(a)

16 943.13 (2)(am)(intro)

17 943.13 (2)(bm) 2.a

18 943.13 (2)(am) 1

19 175.60 (2g)(b)

20 175.60 (1)(h)

21 175.60 (2g)(c)

22 175.60 (15)(a)

23 175.60(15m)(a)

24 175.60 (15m)(b)

25 175.60(21)(b)

26 175.60(21)(c)

27 947.01 (2)

28 947.01 (2)

29 948.605 (2)(a)

30 948.605 (2)(b) 1r

31 167.31 (2)(b)

32 167.31 (2)(b)

33 167.31 (2)(c)

34 167.31 (2)(a)

35 167.31 (3)(a) 2

36 29.089 (2)(d)

37 29.091 (2) (d), and 29.621 (4)(d)

38 175.60 11(a) 3 (b)

treebound

Folks here tend to be focused on firearms, but the new legislation also covers knives and electronic devices. One point I don't see discussed is vehicle carry with the specific exclusions or allowances for handguns. I wonder if people realize that this gives a handgun owner more options than a Tazer or knife owner.

I would appreciate clarification on this.

It would also be nice to have clarification on rifle and shotgun carry in a vehicle, which I assume is still under DNR rules where the handguns have been excepted out of the DNR restrictions for the most part relative to in/on vehicle carry.

If my post is out of line for this thread then feel free to delete or relocate my post as needed.

ksks

Thanks Dave. Great job!

What I wanted to do is get a quick and easy summary that is in layman's terms.

I would prefer folks keep the comments to just the license issue.

Please proof read and check references.

I would like corrections and recommendations.

When there is a final version that is completely accurate, maybe we can post it in a sticky.

ks

Lurchiron

Thanks Dave. Great job!

What I wanted to do is get a quick and easy summary that is in layman's terms.

I would prefer folks keep the comments to just the license issue.

Please proof read and check references.

I would like corrections and recommendations.

When there is a final version that is completely accurate, maybe we can post it in a sticky.

ks

+1 & Thanks

Cobbersmom

Indian reservations

Not all land on indian reservations is tribal land and the tribes don't have jurisdiction over it. For instance, Lac du Flambeau is approx. 50% tribal and 50% fee land. Fee land being the kind you and I can buy and sell anywhere in the state. The tribe only has jurisdiction over tribal/trust land in Wisconsin on their reservation.

ksks

Not all land on indian reservations is tribal land and the tribes don't have jurisdiction over it. For instance, Lac du Flambeau is approx. 50% tribal and 50% fee land. Fee land being the kind you and I can buy and sell anywhere in the state. The tribe only has jurisdiction over tribal/trust land in Wisconsin on their reservation.

This is going to be confusing.
Is there anyway to make it clear?
Too bad tribal lands aren't covered.

Cobbersmom

Clear as mud! One could check with the tribal chairman, council or police. You'd probably get three different answers. Up in LdF I know folks have asked about hiking on tribal land and have been told there is no problem. Others in the tribe will tell them they're trespassing.
I wanted to bring this up because someone from another state replied in another thread about reservations having their own jurisdiction, assuming there was no fee land. Guess a person will just have to pay attention. However for driving, I don't see a problem. The roads are public whether owned by the town, county, state or tribe.

ksks

How hard would be be to get this to apply to tribal lands? Obviously any variety of other laws apply. I've never been around nor informed of tribal issues to any extent.

ksks

Any more corrections or changes?

Any help would be appreciated. Then maybe it can become a sticky.

jpm84092

I agree, LDF is a mix of tribal lands and private property. The WI bill will apply to public right of way land within the tribal boundaries and on private property. However, SB-93 raises new possibilities for the Tribes as Sovereign Nations. With a precedent now in WI law, the Tribes could issue a concealed weapon permit valid on Tribal Lands. This will get complicated because the largest collection of reservations belong to what is legally known as the "Lake Superior Chippewa". (I am a 1/4 Ojibwa and a member of the Bad River Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.) Thus, a Tribal permit may be valid in all the reservations or done band by band. Or, the Tribes could opt to respect the SB-93 law. In point of fact, unless they separately declare it invalid on tribal lands to the DOJ, it would, like so many other WI laws, be valid on Tribal Lands.

The gaming casino in Milwaukee is another can of worms.

thenewchance

What will the age requirement be for concealed carry of a weapon? WI Stat. § 948.60 is the only limit on age as far as carrying a firearm, which basically says you have to be 18. I don't see any mention of a minimum age on here. You have to be 21 to buy handgun ammo or a handgun from a FFL, so I know it would be either 18 or 21.

gdyslin

Just want to add to the list. Since I know a lot of us are Veterans and go to VA hospitals (this is where I work by the way) there is no carry allowed at any VA hospital or property which includes the parking lots.

paul@paul-fisher.com

What will the age requirement be for concealed carry of a weapon? WI Stat. § 948.60 is the only limit on age as far as carrying a firearm, which basically says you have to be 18. I don't see any mention of a minimum age on here. You have to be 21 to buy handgun ammo or a handgun from a FFL, so I know it would be either 18 or 21.

Permits will only be issued by WI if you are 21+.

LaBomba

Noble effort, ksks! Here are a few edits that caught my eye:

Non-residential building and its land,9 if owner/occupant has given notice not to enter or remain.
(Includes nursing home, CBRF, AFH, residential care apt, and hospice)10
Does not apply to:
Buildings, grounds, or land occupied by the State or local govt. (see below)
Privately or publically owned bldg on grounds of a college or university. (see below)
Grounds owned or occupied by a college or university
If in a vehicle, a firearm stored/carried in a vehicle that is any part of a building, grounds or land used as parking

Land in General
Can not enter or remain on any land of another after having been notified by the owner or occupant not to enter or remain on the premises.11
This paragraph does not apply to a licensee or out-of-state licensee if the owner's or occupant's intent is to prevent the licensee or out-of-state licensee from carrying a firearm on the owner's or occupant's land.12
Land - assume it means all real estate not otherwise covered by the law. No -- non-residential land is treated exactly like the grounds of a non-residential building. From 193.13 (1m) (c) 2:

"2. While carrying a firearm, enters or remains in any
part of a nonresidential building, grounds of a nonresi-
dential building, or land that the actor does not own or
occupy ..."
(For SB93 purposes, it does not include land associated with residential buildings, nonresidential buildings, government buildings, special events, prohibited government facilities. see above...
Special event – an event that is open to the public, is for a duration of not more than 3 weeks, and either has designated entrances to and from the event that are locked when the event is closed, or requires admission.13
Does not apply if the firearm is in the vehicle.

To give notice16
1) A person has received notice from the owner or occupant if he or she has
been notified personally, either orally or in writing, or if the land is posted.

Posting a sign to all above (not needed for single family residence)17
Located in a prominent place, with reasonable expectation to be seen
Near all entrances
Special events posted near all entrances
For grounds or land, sign near all probable access points
Sign must be at least 5”x7
Land sign must be at least 11 inches square18 That is the requirement for generally posting land as "no trespassing." For posting a weapon prohibition, the signage is the same for non-residential buildings, grounds and land.

Can my employer stop me from carrying?23
Yes, when in the course of the employee’s employment regardless of whether you are on your employer'sproperty, and while off-duty on your employer's premises, except for the vehicle exception noted below.
But, cannot prevent employee from carrying a weapon in the employee’s own car, regardless of whether the vehicle is used in the course of employment, if the employee is a licensee.24
Employer cannot prevent employee from carrying in her/his vehicle driven or parked on employer’s property.

Last edited:

ksks

Thanks for the comments. I will make corrections.
If anyone wants a Word copy of it, PM me and I will email it to you.

ksks

BROKENSPROKET

Just want to add to the list. Since I know a lot of us are Veterans and go to VA hospitals (this is where I work by the way) there is no carry allowed at any VA hospital or property which includes the parking lots.

Are VA Hospitals federal buildings?

Anyway, they cannot prohibit firearms that are within the vehicle.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I'm trying to think...if you are an 18 y/o non WI resident with a license, can you carry?

You can open carry in places where one can OC without a license, but a non-resident license/permit is subject to the same restrictions as a WI resident license, including the age requirement.