Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 5-10 carry guns?

Top 5-10 carry guns?

I am going to start stocking holsters and would like feedback on the 5-10 most common. What do you carry and what do you think the most common is?
    Cleveland's Holsters, LLC https://clevelandsholsters.com/

"When your life depends on it, you can depend on Cleveland's Holsters!"

Made in Wisconsin with 100% American manufactured materials.

We give away a free holster every month on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cleve...19323708154588

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    I carry an HK USPc or a 1911

Most common?

Probably:
    Glock
    Springfield XD
    1911 Variants

My guesses anyway. 1911 may be ahead of XD's yet.
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 07-01-2011 at 01:08 PM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Are 1911s pretty much the same on the outside... other then barrel length? I mean from a holster retention aspect.

We give away a free holster every month on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cleve...19323708154588

I would add the M&P to the list. The only downside is all the different models that are offered for the Glock, XD and M&P. Full size, compact, sub compact etc.. I'm sure whenever a new gun is introduced from one of the big gun makers the holster companies are going .
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleveland View Post
    Are 1911s pretty much the same on the outside... other then barrel length? I mean from a holster retention aspect.
    Pretty much. There are a few out there that aren't but the majority stick pretty close to the original design.

If you are asking about this from a holster makers perspective I think a search of other manufacturers websites may give you a pretty good idea on what types fit what and even what are the most popular.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Hopefully I'll get up there next week to claim my Ugly Prize and I'll bring my 1911 (Springfield Armory 5"), my S&W SW99 (which fits the same Fobus holster as a Glock 29, 21SF, 30SF, 30, and 39), and I could bring my buddy's double stack 1911 if you wanted to make some patterns.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

XD
    Glock

Or

Glock
    XD

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

1. Glock
    2. 1911
    3. XD
    4. Sig 226 or 229
    5. H&K usp-c
    6. Beretta / Taurus 92 style

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    Hopefully I'll get up there next week to claim my Ugly Prize and I'll bring my 1911 (Springfield Armory 5"), my S&W SW99 (which fits the same Fobus holster as a Glock 29, 21SF, 30SF, 30, and 39), and I could bring my buddy's double stack 1911 if you wanted to make some patterns.
    WHAT HOLSTER?!!!

:-)

I appreciate the offer, and would take you up on it except I don't know that I will have my additional supplies by then. I ordered double what I thought I would need and it's all accounted for! I have 2 set aside for you and 1 as a screw up buffer. With the holiday, I am behind in ordering and will not be back up to full speed until the weekend of the 9th/10th.

Frankly, this forum has a lot to do with how well I am doing and I appreciate the support!

I have a Glock 36. I think that that will be a popular size of carry gun due to its small size and light weight.. I think he 26 is the same size gun, just in 9mm so you could carry 1 holster and cover 2 types of gun.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Carcharodon View Post
    I have a Glock 36. I think that that will be a popular size of carry gun due to its small size and light weight.. I think he 26 is the same size gun, just in 9mm so you could carry 1 holster and cover 2 types of gun.
    Is that the same as the 27 too?

Sub compact/Compact Glock*
    M&P9c
    XDsc/XDm compact

Stock holsters in all the popular pocket guns. They're not talked about as much in the gun forums, but they are immensely popular

S&W Bodyguard
    Ruger LCP*
    kel-Tec P3AT*
    Kahr p380
    .etc

Smaller popular guns

Kahr MK9/PM9*
    Walther PPS
    Kel-Tec PF9
    3" 1911s
    S&W 3" snub nose revolvers
    Taurus 3" snub nose revolvers

That's my list off the top of my head
    * are the guns I've personally owned.
    Last edited by Passive101; 07-01-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Activist Member
    I carry an S&W 620 or a Beretta 92FS, or an NAA mini-revolver.

I think some of the most common guns, based upon what I see people carry or hear people talk about for carry are:

1. Glocks, especially the 17, 19, 22, 26, 27, and 36.
    2. Springfield XD
    3. 1911s.
    4. Beretta 92s.
    5. J-Frame S&W's ( 37, 36, 637, 642, etc. ) or other small revolvers like the Ruger LCR or Taurus 85.
    6. Sigs (P226, P220, P239)
    7. Bersa .380, Sig P230, etc. size guns.
    8. P32, P3AT, LCP style pocket guns.
    Last edited by Felid`Maximus; 07-01-2011 at 05:22 PM.

For me it would be:

Glock 23
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...

1911s, Springfield XD. The FNP-9 and FNP-40 are starting to become pretty popular as well.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by Carcharodon View Post
    Actually, the 36 is SLIGHTLY different from the measurements of a 26 or 27. According to Glock's website, the 36 is 172mm long, 28.5mm wide, and 121mm high. The 26 and 27 are both 160mm long, 30mm wide, and 106mm high. So, the 36 is higher and longer, but thinner, than the 26 and 27. Hence, the 36 is labeled as a subcompact slimline. Also, the 26 and 27 have a dual-stack magazine; the 36 has a single-stack magazine.

And, to the original poster, I'll add another vote for Glock being in the 5. In case anyone didn't mention it, don't forget to include Ruger and S&W.

i HAVE A GLOCK34, it's about 1" longer than a glock17 , so as long as the holster is open ended, it's good to go.

we are all fogetting about small revolvers like 38 special snub noses / 357's & Ruger sp-101's and such..... if you need more than 5 or 6 shots your up $hit creek anyways....
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    if you need more than 5 or 6 shots your up $hit creek anyways....
    OT, but this is so true, and so frequently overlooked.
    Poor Obama. All this time, he thought he had been placed in charge of the GovernMINT.

Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

I have a G19 and XD 45 4"

Quote Originally Posted by XD40-OD View Post
    OT, but this is so true, and so frequently overlooked.
    Agreed, and this one of the reasons why I feel comfortable carrying a snubby .357! Yes I think there is a large market for the 2-3" revolver in 5 and 6 shot. As people start to carry more concealed now they may realize they prefer a wheelgun to some pocket .380.

Lightbulb Concealed Or Open?

For the last nine years my Glock 36 has been my concealed carry gun and here in Wisconsin I also open carry it (past 4 years).

I don't think it matters what you carry openly as long as you are proficient with it. Concealed is a completely different matter. I went through four or five handguns before I settled on the Glock 36 for concealed carry. And, the holster MUST be able to hold it snugly against your body under the clothing you are wearing so it doesn't "stick out" or "print" otherwise you will be very uncomfortable wearing a concealed gun.

The holster is just as important as the gun for concealed carry. I have a Bianchi number 5 (IIRC) for concealed carry for my Glock 36.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

I don't leave home without my snubbie. The small gun you carry is better than the big one you left at home 'cause it's too uncomfortable. That being said, I buy into the 'it's not supposed to be comfortable, but comforting'...

Carry on.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by smithman View Post
    Agreed, and this one of the reasons why I feel comfortable carrying a snubby .357!....
    Hell, just the noise from that .357 will kill someone, won't it?
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

If you're going to "stock" holsters, don't forget that about 1/4 -1/3 of your customers will be left-handed.

Something I was curious about. Is the hardware for the belts going to be one size or can they be ordered to fit?
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast