• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Top 5-10 carry guns?

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Concealed Or Open?

For the last nine years my Glock 36 has been my concealed carry gun and here in Wisconsin I also open carry it (past 4 years).

I don't think it matters what you carry openly as long as you are proficient with it. Concealed is a completely different matter. I went through four or five handguns before I settled on the Glock 36 for concealed carry. And, the holster MUST be able to hold it snugly against your body under the clothing you are wearing so it doesn't "stick out" or "print" otherwise you will be very uncomfortable wearing a concealed gun.

The holster is just as important as the gun for concealed carry. I have a Bianchi number 5 (IIRC) for concealed carry for my Glock 36.

jmlefler

I don't leave home without my snubbie. The small gun you carry is better than the big one you left at home 'cause it's too uncomfortable. That being said, I buy into the 'it's not supposed to be comfortable, but comforting'...

Carry on.

phleye

I have a Glock 19 and 26. For my open carry holster I use a Blackhawk! and for concealed carry I am trying out a belly band and an UnderTech under cover concealment shirt. I'm really planning on open carrying most of the time but haven't figured out what to do about it in winter.

range rat

i HAVE A GLOCK34, it's about 1" longer than a glock17 , so as long as the holster is open ended, it's good to go.

we are all fogetting about small revolvers like 38 special snub noses / 357's & Ruger sp-101's and such..... if you need more than 5 or 6 shots your up $hit creek anyways....

I just pick up an inside the pants Holster for my 38 spl snub noses Wednesday, I'll be wearing it around the old home stead till I get the feel for it.. I would like too get my Hands on a 38 Police spl .

cleveland

The LC9 is on the list... because I own one. :)

If you're going to "stock" holsters, don't forget that about 1/4 -1/3 of your customers will be left-handed.

My south paw friends are always a consideration! In fact, one of my first holsters was for a leftie.

Passive101

I'm planning on carrying my sig p250 subcompact. I'm surprised I haven't seen more interest in carrying it. Nice small package, fully ambi...

It's a nice little carry gun. It's simply expensive compared to others size, and weight. It has a following though :)

Last edited:

DangerClose

I'm planning on carrying my sig p250 subcompact. I'm surprised I haven't seen more interest in carrying it. Nice small package, fully ambi...

I've read very, um, "mixed" opinions about the p250, so maybe others have too. In particular, the people who hate the trigger sound like they're talking about a Sigma.

Big River Leather

If you're going to "stock" holsters, don't forget that about 1/4 -1/3 of your customers will be left-handed.
I'd say about 3% of my orders are for lefties. Maybe I hang around a better class of people :lol: Or WORSE :eek:

1911's of all sizes, mostly without rails. SIG and Taurus won't fit, with or without rail, at least with tight molding.

Surprised no mention of Sigs - P228, P229 (w & w/o rail) P239 (9 will fit 40, 40 will not fit 9) P250 Compact (be very wary of the rail change, new won't fit in old) P238

Glocks 19/23 & 26/27 mostly

Lots of people mentioning XD's and I do some, but not as many as I would expect.

Kahr PM9 and P/K 9

Email me with questions if you want