• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reno DMV still expediting OC'ers.

The Big Guy

None of this is helping the "cause" and looks bad to those checking out the site.

TBG

Last edited:
I

inNV

Yes he did, but you thought you'd catch him in a situation where he broke a law. When he implied you took his words out of context, YOU began this attack about what he said. Why do you care so much? Is it because you assumed something that wasn't the reality of the situation? Don't take embarrassment well?

Felid is not trying to make you sound stupid you are doing a fine job of that all by yourself sir.
Thanks again for generalizing!

No, sir. I, unlike him, have not deleted my posts. My first post was a question:

"So...explain how you were open carrying AND going straight to school...?"

He responded (but has since edited):

"Does it really need any explanation? The point wasn't that I didn't make any stops between then... I actually made many turns, stops, etc. The point was that I don't have time to change clothes between the events... I basically just had enough time to get from one point to another. Taking off a holster only takes a moment but it takes me a lot longer to change from casual w/ tenis to a more formal outfit with a tie."

He also said something along the lines of: "it is possible to park off campus". But in between his posting that, and me quoting him, he edited that out.

Notice, he again states he went "from one point to the other", again, "straight" to school. But since he said the smart a$$ statement about parking off campus, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and accepted that is what he did, which my second post indicated:

"....But since you said that "it is possible to park off campus", I take it that is what you do. I just hope it is very secure so as not to arm a criminal."

So, my second post identified his statement, and understood he parked off campus. You would be surprised how many people believe it is perfectly ok to leave a gun in your car on a college campus, and it isn't. I was questioning what he meant by going to school "straight" from the DMV. His original post to my question (the original one, not the edited one that got quoted) was sufficient to say that he parked off campus, although the entire post was in a smart a$$ tone. He then edited to take out the comment of parking off campus, and than began this charade we are at now. Making it sound like I thought he meant he didn't stop at signs, and would have to drive through walls.

So, thanks for your input, but obviously the bias goggles are fully worn in this forum. I did nothing but ask a question, to which he answered, albeit rather smart a$$ like, but then decided to delete and take a different condescending route. It is awesome to know that the OC crowd here in Vegas doesn't know right from wrong..makes me feel very safe.

But if you (or anyone) would like to point out where I was wrong, I'll be happy to concede. I assumed he went straight to school with his firearm, and guess what, he did. So please, where was I wrong?

Last edited:
I

inNV

We graciously thank you for taking your clearly incompetent brain matter and leaving this sphere. Would that it be permanently.

Bye bye little one.:cool:

Awesome, go back to Oklahoma. Comments from the peanut gallery don't mean much to me. But again, show me my incompetence, and I will concede.

wrightme

holy sh!t, I take a sanity break for a week or so and the whole Nevada forum is in full on melt down!

Not the whole nevada forum.

History repeats itself......

Well, loser, I did research in other places but I wanted the opinion of GUN OWNERS. If I wanted someone on here to give me places to research, I would have asked that. I guess they lied when they said how friendly Texas is...or maybe you're the exemption?
Is not really "legwork". But hey, maybe you Texans have a different idea of what "work" really is..

Wow, it's been a while since I been on here, I forgot about this. Anyway, sorry I was rather rude before, I was probably having a bad day.
Anyway, thanks for the replies.

As far as why I am moving, it's just for relocation and the high volume of corporations in Texas. I have no clue where I (or my wife) would work, but one of us would be employed prior to moving. But Dallas is at the top of the list.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
So, thanks for your input, but obviously the bias goggles are fully worn in this forum. I did nothing but ask a question, to which he answered, albeit rather smart a$$ like, but then decided to delete and take a different condescending route.
You asked a question in a very smart ass way, at least as I perceived it, mistakenly or not, and I answered it like a smart ass. As I saw it, you were not interested in an answer, and merely wanted an opportunity to insinuate that I was too stupid to know how to do the most trivial of things.

I wanted to edit my response to rephrase it, as I had not yet seen your reply to my response... you gave no benefit of the doubt, contrary to your claims, and immediately put me in a corner with accusations that I was a criminal and a liar, and insisted that what I originally posted, (that I parked off campus,) must have not been true, and any attempt to explain anything is merely evidence that I am a lying criminal changing stories who is too cowardly to admit to his crimes. It didn't matter what I wrote. And since it didn't assuage you, nothing will, and I felt leaving those post in tact did no service to anyone. I've sent you a PM a while back. I would appreciate it if any further discussion is conducted by PM.

You've made your points. I deleted my posts. I've been an ass from the start with my snide remarks, and I've made you look stupid. These things may well be true. But if you have any intention of sticking around on these boards, then you must not believe all of the insults that you have made against the entire forum in broad generalizations. But if you have no intention of sticking around here and you really believe that everyone here is a dumbass, go hang with your academic peers with their advanced degrees and stop bothering with this place.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt now. Maybe the whole debacle is my fault, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you will cease to post any further insults because you don't mean them. Or if you really do believe we are all stupid and that there is no point in being here, prove that you believe that by leaving this board.

This whole thing was my fault, I caused you to be inflamed with my smart ass posts, now let's stop this dog and pony show. I'm sorry to the whole board. Whether I am the main culprit, a secondary culprit, or I merely fed the trolls, this whole debacle is my fault.

I've sent the administrator a request to delete this thread, or at least the majority of it. I really hope this happens. As the big guy pointed out, this whole thread does no service to anyone.

If this post here does not serve its purpose in ending this charade, then it too served no purpose other than to waste the time of the folks that had to read through it when they'd rather be reading about open carry. I didn't post this post because I wanted to insult anyone any further. I hesitate to post this post lest it backfire... perhaps it would have died sooner had I just left it alone... but please, let's end this.

All I want to do is to discuss the DMV. But at this point there is no point in discussing anything on this thread unless all the posts on it not directly relating to the DMV, including this one, are removed. At this point, discussion even about the DMV on this thread will mainly just bring this thread to the top where the charade will be the main point of discussion at worst, and waste people's time reading it at best.

I urge the administrators to delete the thread in its entirety or at least all the posts in it that consist of this mindless charade.

I request further that the thread is not merely locked whereby anyone can open it to waste their time reading it.

Last edited:

jfrey123

No, sir. I, unlike him, have not deleted my posts. My first post was a question:

"So...explain how you were open carrying AND going straight to school...?"

What are you, his mother? A cop? Maybe he didn't want to post that he parks off campus and leaves a loaded weapon in his car. Leave it to a troll like you to take a positive thread about DMV acknowledging OC and turn it into a flame war.

Felid is one of our more responsible and more active OC'ers. If you had ever paid attention to names and posts here, you would be aware of that and probably wouldn't feel the need to call him out. And don't try to play Mr. Nice Guy, you called him out with a demand for him to explain himself. My response would've been "I don't carry at school, and it's none of your business."

flagellum

Wow, this thread went out of control.

I don't see why anyone would be compelled to ask a question like that. It makes as much sense as asking the OP if he wore his seatbelt the entire time he drove.

Now, being here as long as I have I know that the users here have the utmost respect for the rule of law, however:

So what if he did park on campus? What business is that of anyone else? HYPOTHETICALLY if that did happen, who did it hurt? No one. Who cares.

john-in-reno

Crawl back under your bridge Troll!

You are neither wanted or needed here, From looking at your past post, you are both arrogant and self-centered.

I also see that you like to belittle people, and call them names which is very unprofessional and sounds like a very uneducated person, and NO I am not attacking you with this post as you are probable thinking that right now, this is my observation after looking at all the posts that you have made.

We here on this board might have our Disagreements and Differences but we don't attack each other like you seem to love to do.

So like I said earlier in the post you are neither wanted or needed here

This is the last thing I will say to you, as I no longer have a want, need or desire to talk to a person such as yourself

Joef

Open carried at the Reno DMV today. Hurt my feelings! NO ONE NOTICED{;>)
Also the public entrance on the back side is not posted in any form.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I need to get more educated on this particular subject.

I ASSumed the DMV was a no-gun zone, being a public building. The one I am remembering specifically was last year when I was at the Sahara branch in Las Vegas. I'm pretty sure I remember that it does have a "No Weapons" sign. It does not have metal detectors, so this may be where I need a refresher.

Anyway, I left my firearm in my vehicle for this errand. While I was in line, I was stopped by the rent-a-cop and he told me to put my knife in my pocket so it couldn't be seen because it was considered a weapon. I complied, not being in a mood to start an argument, and perhaps ASSuming he was correct.

So is Reno different, or are our DMVs wrongly disarming us?

28kfps

A few months ago I was in the Pahrump DMV and for the first time after 22 years I see a no firearm sign referring the the NRS that only says no concealed firearms. I was open carrying and went in. My carry firearm is obvious and I got the same service and smiles I usually get. No problems.

The Big Guy

I need to get more educated on this particular subject.

I ASSumed the DMV was a no-gun zone, being a public building. The one I am remembering specifically was last year when I was at the Sahara branch in Las Vegas. I'm pretty sure I remember that it does have a "No Weapons" sign. It does not have metal detectors, so this may be where I need a refresher.

Anyway, I left my firearm in my vehicle for this errand. While I was in line, I was stopped by the rent-a-cop and he told me to put my knife in my pocket so it couldn't be seen because it was considered a weapon. I complied, not being in a mood to start an argument, and perhaps ASSuming he was correct.

So is Reno different, or are our DMVs wrongly disarming us?

Somewhere else on this forum is a post where the DMV agreed that they can't bar you from open carry. My understanding is that no DMV will bother you about it now. I use the Henderso office and have had no problem.

TBG

timf343

Campaign Veteran
The "No Firearms" signs apply only to concealed carry, same as the metal detectors. Technically this makes the courthouse open-carry legal too, but I don't think you'll have much success. DMV on the other hand is on board and good to go.