Thread: Bank Manager Questions Me... Friendly like.

Bank Manager Questions Me... Friendly like.

Howdy Folks!
    I just came back from making a deposit at the bank, and processed some coins I had hanging around that I found with my metal detector.

When I walked up to the counter, the bank manager set about totalling up my deposit and putting money into my account. Toward the end, he asked "That an XDm?"
    "Yep," I replied with a smile, "It surely is. And I love this handgun. Doesn't shoot as accurately as my Ruger, but with the shorter barrell, guess that'd be expected."
    "Nice looking gun."
    "Yes. I like it. I carry open while waiting for my CCW to arrive."

After that, he wanted to know about the CCW application process. I explained to him that he'd need to take a basic pistol course (preferrably one with live fire range work) and get his certificate of completion. Then go to the county sheriff's office and apply. Told him what he'd need to bring along, how much it might cost, and the big question he had regarding how long it takes to get it back. Explained that Colorado statutes make clear they have 90 days to approve or deny.

We had a terrific discussion about handguns and carry options before I bid him a good day and strode out of the bank and back to my car.

I enjoyed the discussion and believe he did too. Hope I was able to impart useful information and he'll be getting his CCW at some point in the future. Who knows? We may even see him around town open carrying, based on the example I set for him today.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

It's always fun to have a positive interaction with other citizens, especially if they leave a little better educated than before.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

Which bank?

Nice. When I go to my bank I usually just get asked, "Is that a real gun?"
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by mahkagari View Post
    Which bank?
    Howdy Mahkagari!
    It is the TCF bank at 6th and Chambers. Really great folks there. Never had a problem with OC in their facility.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    Howdy Folks!
    I just came back from making a deposit at the bank, and processed some coins I had hanging around that I found with my metal detector.
    Did it choke on the doubloons?

We had a terrific discussion about handguns and carry options before I bid him a good day and strode out of the bank and back to my car.
    Very cool.

I had a similar conversation with my bank's branch manager about three months ago. She wasn't interested in my firearm, but she did ask, "Have you ever had anyone turn you away for carrying?" I replied, "Just one, but I never thought that would happen, there. I would have thought a bank would be more skittish." She replied, "A lot more people carry in here than we realize. You're the second person who has carried it out in the open, though. Besides, you've been coming here for thirteen years! That's as long as I've been here, so we sort of know you. "
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Did it choke on the doubloons?

Besides, you've been coming here for thirteen years! That's as long as I've been here, so we sort of know you. "
    Howdy Pard!
    Nope. No doubloons. Unfortunately. But I have busted a couple of their machines with buckets of coins I've brought in after a month or two of detecting. They get annoyed when that happens down at the bank.

While I haven't been banking with my local bank for as long (certainly nowhere near 13 years!) they still know me because I am frequently dropping by to bust their coin sorting machine! LOL! Yeah, they know me real well!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin