• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody having coffee in St. Charles this week end?

Porchdog

Hello. I am new to this organization and new to open carry. I am attending class July 17th to obtain my concealed carry permit. I am nervous about making my first open carry and would like to meet with someone(s) with a little experience with this in St. Charles. Looking to do this the right way and educate the public, not get arrested. Thanks, Dave

mspgunner

Look for the OC get togethers in this Missouri Forum, there are a few coming up. Best to get some good information before OCing, you do not want to mess up!

mspgunner

As I understand the present OC events in the STL area:
7-10-11 is "Columbia, Missouri"!
7-17-11 is Chevy's in Ellisville at Clayton and Clarkson Rd.
7-24-11 Possible, but not looking too likely (local posting of "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED SIGNAGE) is Chevy'e at St. Louis Mills.
Beyond this..... No plans that I know of.

mspgunner

I have been watching this forum .... I definately do not want to screw up and hinder the cause.

There are probably a number of us not going to Columbia the 10th of July. Would some folks still like a STL area get together? There seems to be a few new folks in the St. Charles area.... 5:00PM some place in eastern ST. Charles might draw some of us over the river. Ideas?

Porchdog

JJ's in ST Charles

I just spoke with Denise (she and her husband own JJ's). They are OC friendly and would invite our business. I have breakfast there just about every Sunday morning, but this Sunday will be in CCW class. I asked Denise about Saturday evening and she reminded me they sponsor a Car Cruise that night and the place will probably be packed so she can't garauntee parking or seating us together. That being said, would anyone care to meet SATURDAY MORNING for breakfast? I am thinking 9:00? I am looking forward to meeting all OC practicioners in this area. JJ's number is 636-946-3500 if anyone would like to check their policy for yourself. I do recomend their food. JJ's is located at 1215 S, Duchesne Dr, 63301 if you would need to Mapquest it, or you can go to their website at www.jjsstcharles.com. Menu and directions are on the website. Just off W. Clay ST. Sorry for what seems to have turned into a commercial, lol.Hope to hear from several of you.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I just spoke with Denise (she and her husband own JJ's). They are OC friendly and would invite our business.

I am indeed a JJ's fan myself. It is only my moving to OFallon that prevents me from my weekly visits as well. I can offer that the double cheese burger with fries requires a huge appetite or your gonna feel stuffed afterwards!

mspgunner

I just spoke with Denise (she and her husband own JJ's). They are OC friendly and would invite our business. I have breakfast there just about every Sunday morning, but this Sunday will be in CCW class. I asked Denise about Saturday evening and she reminded me they sponsor a Car Cruise that night and the place will probably be packed so she can't garauntee parking or seating us together. That being said, would anyone care to meet SATURDAY MORNING for breakfast? I am thinking 9:00? I am looking forward to meeting all OC practicioners in this area. JJ's number is 636-946-3500 if anyone would like to check their policy for yourself. I do recomend their food. JJ's is located at 1215 S, Duchesne Dr, 63301 if you would need to Mapquest it, or you can go to their website at www.jjsstcharles.com. Menu and directions are on the website. Just off W. Clay ST. Sorry for what seems to have turned into a commercial, lol.Hope to hear from several of you.

I'm in - Sat the 9th @ 0900.

mspgunner

I invited a whole lot of folks. There is an OC facebook site. While invited 50 or 60 people, these event usually draw any where from 8-15 or so. See you Sat. Morning (july 9th) 0900 @ JJs.

mspgunner

We generally do our OC STL area get togethers on Sundays at 5:00PM, this has worked out well in the past, I'd like to keep them that way, although I'll be there Sat. DOC - our STL area "expert", sorry DOC, only has Satudays free. He is the best source of information on OC in the STL area and it is a service (if you will) to keep them on Sundays.

Porchdog

I have a reservation for 12 ... tomorrow morning, 9:00 ..... if you don't see folks with sidearms .... the reservation is under David Windels.

And I have no problem with Sunday afternoon meets, most Sundays.

mspgunner

I have a reservation for 12 ... tomorrow morning, 9:00 ..... if you don't see folks with sidearms .... the reservation is under David Windels.

And I have no problem with Sunday afternoon meets, most Sundays.

Very good. For sure Sundays are good. Look at the Chevy's tour list, we don't want to double book these events.

mspgunner

7 9 11 JJs in St Charles

Great gathering, new people and one nice local place to eat!
OC friendly 100%

7911JJs.jpg

My facebook page if folks here want to be "Facebook" friends.
http://facebook.com/marc1perez

Last edited:

xdmcompact

It was great to meet some new people. If you have wanted to come out to one of the get togethers do it, you wont regret it. Hope this just keeps growing. Looking forward to the next one and meeting even more new people.

mspgunner

Some body said soemthing about Sat. the 16th? I have a $6.00 breakfast fund raiser for my Senator Brian Nieves in Washington, MO @ 0800-1000. Highway A, just off highway 100 at Millers Cafe'. Got to go! Gotta!

BrianNieves.jpg

He is my "guy".
51609coffeenwithBrianNieves-clear.jpg

Last edited: