Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting OC interaction today...

Interesting OC interaction today...

I was in the Goodwill store on the southside of Madison this afternoon...while waiting to chekc out heres what happened...

'Is that a 'real' gun'...(lady behind me, said in a VERY condescending tone)
    'Yes ma'am it is' (me)
    'Is that legal?' (lady behind me...she wasnt at all happy!)
    'Yes ma'am it is. Its the only way to legally carry in WI." (me)
    'Im glad youre carrying that!' (checker lady)
    'With the current laws, the ONLY people concealing in WI are the criminals (Im looking at the lady behind me when im saying this...i could see her blood boiling..LOL)
    'you NEED to shop all the time, especially after dark!' (checker lady, grinning.)
    'Given how this neighborhood is, It might not be a bad idea' (me)

I was now done at the register...i could still see how upset the one lady was and how comfortable the other one was...very interesting interaction...seeing BOTH at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    I was in the Goodwill store on the southside of Madison this afternoon...while waiting to chekc out heres what happened...

'Is that a 'real' gun'...(lady behind me, said in a VERY condescending tone)
    'Yes ma'am it is' (me)
    'Is that legal?' (lady behind me...she wasnt at all happy!)
    'Yes ma'am it is. Its the only way to legally carry in WI." (me)
    'Im glad youre carrying that!' (checker lady)
    'With the current laws, the ONLY people concealing in WI are the criminals (Im looking at the lady behind me when im saying this...i could see her blood boiling..LOL)
    'you NEED to shop all the time, especially after dark!' (checker lady, grinning.)
    'Given how this neighborhood is, It might not be a bad idea' (me)

I was now done at the register...i could still see how upset the one lady was and how comfortable the other one was...very interesting interaction...seeing BOTH at one time.
    I would have asked the snob sheeple woman , if my carrying this weapon made her feel uncomfortable..she would have replied something like..YES , IT DOES....then I would have said....TOO BAD !!!!
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Only OC interaction I had was bumping into Nik @ Home Depot. Heheheheh.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    I would have asked the snob sheeple woman , if my carrying this weapon made her feel uncomfortable..she would have replied something like..YES , IT DOES....then I would have said....TOO BAD !!!!
    I would have said "Well if it makes you uncomfortable there are plenty of other places in the city for YOU to shop at." BTW was the vein in her temple doing the little dance? That is always funny to see
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Quote Originally Posted by XDFDE45 View Post
    I would have said "Well if it makes you uncomfortable there are plenty of other places in the city for YOU to shop at." BTW was the vein in her temple doing the little dance? That is always funny to see
    I like it when people ask "why are you carrying that gun?" I usually respond with some variation of "for the same reason you are worried about me carrying it." If the person is pleasant about it, I take the opportunity to inform them all about OC.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Wink

you can always spot a libtard....
    Poor Obama. All this time, he thought he had been placed in charge of the GovernMINT.

Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

@ Glock34: That is one hot avatar you've chosen. See what it did? It compelled me to go off topic and comment on it. Is she OC'ing?
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by XD40-OD View Post
    you can always spot a libtard....

Its madison..theyre EVERYWHERE!

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teej View Post
    Only OC interaction I had was bumping into Nik @ Home Depot. Heheheheh.
    Nice to see you today Teej!
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by bluehighways View Post
    @ Glock34: That is one hot avatar you've chosen. See what it did? It compelled me to go off topic and comment on it. Is she OC'ing?
    ummmm, .....Well she "WAS" open carrying my weapon......lol I likem thin, pretty & clad in Lingerie...
    Did you hear...womens/ girls SHORT SHORTS are back in style, TARGET is selling them now. YES, BRING BACK THE NAUGHTY 70'S
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 07-02-2011 at 10:31 AM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I may take a beating for this but.......

Given the fact we as OC'ers we have discussed being ambassadors of upstanding citizens when we carry, negative interactions with others who do not share our values make all of kind of look like slobs.

We do not have to stoop to their level, do we ?

As much as I like to go rounds with ignorant people, when I carry, I try to be more passive to support our cause.

BEFORE we got CC, we heard of polite and educational encounters with others, even obvious idiots, almost to the point of sucking up to get them to support US.

NOW that we have CC, negativity toward others seems to rub their noses in the fact we got most of what we want. This is not right, it's like gloating.

Now of all times we need to continue to be patient with others and show them how truly good we are.

Of course, there are some who get what they deserve and just beg to be beaten.

................A kinder and gentler Po-lock
    Last edited by Da Po-lock; 07-02-2011 at 10:33 AM.
    Any one of you lily livered, flea bitten, bow legged varmints care to slap leather with me?

A.S.N.F.
    A Son NEVER Forgets

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Po-lock View Post

Man, that avatar doesn't look very kind and gentle!
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Maybe she didn't like the model you were carrying?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

ummmm, ........womens/ girls SHORT SHORTS are back in style, TARGET is selling them now. YES, BRING BACK THE NAUGHTY 70'S
    The image of you at Target, looking at short shorts, is very disturbing....
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Lightbulb I Didn't Read Anything Negative In His Interaction.

Given the fact we as OC'ers we have discussed being ambassadors of upstanding citizens when we carry, negative interactions with others who do not share our values make all of kind of look like slobs.

As much as I like to go rounds with ignorant people, when I carry, I try to be more passive to support our cause.

BEFORE we got CC, we heard of polite and educational encounters with others, even obvious idiots, almost to the point of sucking up to get them to support US.

NOW that we have CC, negativity toward others seems to rub their noses in the fact we got most of what we want. This is not right, it's like gloating.

Now of all times we need to continue to be patient with others and show them how truly good we are.

Seems to me he was kind and explained it well in few words. I see nothing in his explanation that is negative or gloating.

Once concealed carry is law and I have my Wisconsin "privilege" permit if I have a negative interaction while open carrying I may just do this: "Mam/sir, does this make you feel better" (as I pull my shirt over my gun).

To tell the truth I am very tired of ignorant people and I am very tired of wasting my breath talking to them. If I've learned anything about ignorant people it is impossible to change their viewpoint(s) or opinions in one/two/three/four etc... interactions.

Carry on.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman View Post
    Nice to see you today Teej!
    Back at ya. Good to see you spreading the faith as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    To tell the truth I am very tired of ignorant people and I am very tired of wasting my breath talking to them. If I've learned anything about ignorant people it is impossible to change their viewpoint(s) or opinions in one/two/three/four etc... interactions.

Carry on.
    I know what you mean. The thing about ignorant people is that if something is repeated often enough, they do start to hear it. I hope that we don't let up on trying to educate people who don't have a clue, because our work isn't done until it becomes NORMAL to be ready to defend oneself and the RKBA becomes part of our culture again. (Steps off soap box, tripping over soap...)
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

Talking Thanks Dave! Watch Out For That Step Down!

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    I know what you mean. The thing about ignorant people is that if something is repeated often enough, they do start to hear it. I hope that we don't let up on trying to educate people who don't have a clue, because our work isn't done until it becomes NORMAL to be ready to defend oneself and the RKBA becomes part of our culture again. (Steps off soap box, tripping over soap...)
    I know but geez I have had enough. My own brother in law is the worst of the worst progressives/liberals/communists (SERIOUSLY) that I have ever met. He may have been the reason Savage wrote the book "Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder". (Steps down from Podium).

Lock and Load!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Sounds like a good interaction. I would caution those who might suggest an 'are you uncomfortable?...TOO BAD' type of reply. It only takes a second for someone to take issue and lie about you brandishing to have you get in hot water. (Unless you have your recorder going there is no defense)

Politeness and calmness at all times, iow.

$.02
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

I understand what you are saying and my response was sort of tongue in cheek, well not the part about the vein in the temple. On the few occasions that someone has approached me and asked me why I was carrying I explained that in WI it is perfectly legal to OC. When they ask more about it I answer any questions they might have and usually have a very nice talk with them. There was one who was obviously VERY anti but I kept my cool and for every point she tried to make for the anti argument I had a counter point for the pro side. Not ONCE did I get nasty or snarky or angry but I calmly shot down every argument this lady had for not being able to carry open or cc using laws and facts to support my side. After awhile when it became obvious she wasn't going to change my mind and she realized she was on the losing end of the argument she went from slightly agitated, right from the moment she saw my gun, to full on mega-flap . That was not my intent but I've had that particular conversation before and I know how it usually ends so yes I thought I'd have a little fun with it .
    Last edited by XDFDE45; 07-03-2011 at 12:52 PM.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

[QUOTE=XDFDE45;1565722....full on mega-flap ....[/QUOTE]Wow, now there's a mental picture! Great description!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by davegran; 07-02-2011 at 04:27 PM.
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post

Carry on.
    You an me both, Brother!!!!

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

We are all tired of ignorant people that however does not mean we should let up on the kill em with kindness campaign! If anything now that you folks are getting CC you will have a harder battle on your hands in regards to OC as you will be split into two camps much as MI is. Trust me when I say getting rude with idiots while satisfying at the moment will not help your long term goals!

Sent from my Droid Flipside using Tapatalk
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

YES, BRING BACK THE NAUGHTY 70'S
    You mean they ended?
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

I just made a quick stop at a local home improvement store. Get up to the cashier who is barely 18 probably. He turns to me after finishing the customer ahead of me. He then says "whoa I just noticed that, I think I just had a mini heart attack" Then went on to say it was the first time he seen anybody carrying, and remembered that we could. We had a nice short discussion on general carrying. Asked if I got hassled about it at all. I briefed him and began to leave. He then stated he hoped I didn't get hassled anymore and to have a nice day.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast