• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting OC interaction today...

LR Yote 312

To tell the truth I am very tired of ignorant people and I am very tired of wasting my breath talking to them. If I've learned anything about ignorant people it is impossible to change their viewpoint(s) or opinions in one/two/three/four etc... interactions.

Carry on.

You an me both, Brother!!!!

LR Yote

autosurgeon

We are all tired of ignorant people that however does not mean we should let up on the kill em with kindness campaign! If anything now that you folks are getting CC you will have a harder battle on your hands in regards to OC as you will be split into two camps much as MI is. Trust me when I say getting rude with idiots while satisfying at the moment will not help your long term goals!

Sent from my Droid Flipside using Tapatalk

Motofixxer

I just made a quick stop at a local home improvement store. Get up to the cashier who is barely 18 probably. He turns to me after finishing the customer ahead of me. He then says "whoa I just noticed that, I think I just had a mini heart attack" Then went on to say it was the first time he seen anybody carrying, and remembered that we could. We had a nice short discussion on general carrying. Asked if I got hassled about it at all. I briefed him and began to leave. He then stated he hoped I didn't get hassled anymore and to have a nice day.

MKEgal

Teej said:
Only OC interaction I had was bumping into Nik @ Home Depot.
That could be painful... he's pretty solid. :p

Badger Johnson said:
It only takes a second for someone to take issue and lie about you brandishing to have you get in hot water.
(Unless you have your recorder going there is no defense)
That's why I have VERY visible, unusual markings on my pistol. :lol:
(And change them once in a while.)
In the holster, unless I'm sitting & you're sitting facing me, none can be seen.
If it's out of the holster, esp. pointed at someone, they'll be able to see what's different.

If some anti wants to lie to police & make a false report, when the Nice Officers [TM] come to talk with me I'll ask them to have her describe what's unusual about my pistol.

Once she says something to the effect of "it's black, it's evil", & I show them (very slowly, of course) what's unusual, she'll be the one getting a ticket or arrested.