• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saw two OC'ers in Catlettsburg

rscottie

I saw a man and a woman OC'ing at the Marathon in Catlettsburg yesterday. I wondered if they were on here. I did not speak to them as they were busy at the ATM.

I love KY, no one paid them any mind or seemed upset yet I did see a few double takes.

I for one was trying to determine the type of firearm the man had. The lady was carrying, I believe, a baby Glock.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Since I have actually paid attention to look for other ocrs I have only seen one person doing so other than family in Ashland, and that was a very attractive female ccw instructor from Ohio that I seen at borders gun shop. It's nice to know someone else besides me is ocing in this city, speaking of, anyone gonna be ocing at summer motion festivities??? Since there is no longer a k-12 school in the park, we can carry in all parts of it and not worry about being within a 1000 feet of the old hatcher elementary, but I must admit since I have received my concealed license I mainly carry concealed, but summer motion would be a great place to educate on open carry. I have been putting a few articles in the daily independent so maybe more people will start exercising their rights like we have been doing.

neuroblades

I only get to travel into Ashalnd about once, maybe twice a month but when I do, I ALWAYS OC, sometimes I'll CC. I too frequent Border's as well. *LOL* In fact, My best friend and I are heading into Ashland tomorrow to pick up his guitar in Kyova Mall and then it's off to Border's to talk to them about an order I placed about a month and a half ago. *LOL* Perhaps pick up some more ammo as I'm selling one of my Tec's to a good friend and I'll be doing the firearms instructor role teaching his the proper use of a weapon and the seriousness of ownership of a weapon. When I'm out and about, I ALWAYS stay situationally aware for other OC'ers as well. It's always good to know that if SHTF, where your possible back-up might come from. ;)

rscottie

Summer Motion

Sumer Motion is the annual multi-day Summer Festival in Ashland. There is always good music, food, arts & crafts, and did I mention FOOD?

Billy Ray Cyrus, who is from Flatwoods just a few miles up the road, is going to be here this year. I am pretty sure the concerts are free. At least the ones in the Park, not sure about the ones on the Riverfront Stage.

Here is a links I am still reading about what is going on as we usually only go one of the days.

http://dailyindependent.com/local/x1277747968/Summer-Motion-back-at-the-riverfront

The Fireworks show is excellent each year too!

neuroblades

Thank you for the info and the link. I was in Ashland, well the outskirts to be exact. Had to run to Border's and the Kyova Mall to pick up something. We didn't get to really go into Ashland, i wish we had now. :(

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Billy ray performs after the fireworks at the new riverfront park on mon. Fireworks start at 9:40. Wed. At riverfront they have Janedear girls and Jimmy Wayne, which both of them have pretty popular songs out they start at 8:00. The activities at park are over tonight and nice if you have lil ones. Mitch McConnell is going to b at riverfront mon I think at 3pm.