Thread: How can I legally possess and open carry a handgun in California if I'm under 21?

How can I legally possess and open carry a handgun in California if I'm under 21?

I heard that my father could transfer it to me, but how do I go about doing that? Also, could I openly carry it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoose03 View Post
    I heard that my father could transfer it to me, but how do I go about doing that? Also, could I openly carry it?
    First you would need to get a handgun safety cetificate (HSC), then your father would give you the handgun. Then you would fill out a "DOJ Operation of Law or Interfamilial Transfer Form", write a check for $19.00 and send it in.

After that OC according to the same rules as everyone else.

Find an Open Carry group near you and they will help you and your dad get started and help avoid pitfalls others have suffered thru..
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!