• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Out of town

1911er

As I am down Here in OKlahoma visiting my father and sister. And they do not have oc here yet. I would cc but its too hot It has been over 100 degrees every day for the last week. Can't wait to get back to Wa. where I can oc I feel naked down here with out my firearm. can't wait to get back north.

GuidoZ

Long T-shirt isn't enough to CC? I've CC'd before with just a longer T-shirt with both OWB/IWB holsters without issue. Best of luck to you!

--
Peace. ~G

amlevin

That's another reason I keep a P3-AT around. Not just a nice little backup but when it's too darn hot to conceal a larger firearm that little .380 fits in a pocket real nice.

There is a guy back in that part of the country that makes a clever holster for just such a warm weather situation. It's sort of a Thigh Rig that you wear under a pair of cargo pants/shorts. By cutting a slot in the back of the cargo pocket you can reach the full sized pistol secured in the concealed holster.

http://www.handgunholsters.net/

Definitely fits the bill for when OC isn't legal and it's TFH to wear any cover.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
As I am down Here in OKlahoma visiting my father and sister. And they do not have oc here yet. I would cc but its too hot It has been over 100 degrees every day for the last week. Can't wait to get back to Wa. where I can oc I feel naked down here with out my firearm. can't wait to get back north.

Too hot to possibly save your life? I don't like to conceal but if it is my only choice I darn sure will. Look at Crossbreed holsters they are really comfortable in the summer.

1911er

I survived

Damb Its good to be home every day for the two weeks I was gone. It was over 100 degrees in the afternoon. And at 04:30 am on the 4th it was 102 . I love the sixties and seventies cant wait for the next get together

jbone

I heard the prairie dog shooting was fairly good there?