Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitsap County Open Carry Report

Kitsap County Open Carry Report

This is a idea I am copying from gogodawgs, I have always enjoyed reading about his unique open carry experiences and how the individual stores and people he interacts with handle open carry. Gogodawgs posts also seem very encouraging to a lot of members helping others gain confidence to go out and open carry so I thought I would start a similar thread in my neck of the woods. Gogodawgs I hope you do not mind.

7-1-11
    Walmart Poulsbo, as usual no problems took my time shopping and browsing no comments good or bad

Central Market, had lunch sat downstairs next to the main doors a few head tilts while standing in the pizza line no problems

Bella Bella cupcakes in Silverdale, a great little cupcake shop right next to Midas near the bowling ally. They are a new cupcake store that opened recently I took my girlfriend to. Surprisingly no problems when I walked in with my XD out on my belt. I bought two cupcakes, a soda for me and a coffee for my girlfriend (about 10 dollars) and sat down to eat. We spent about 20 minutes in there no problems. I would have to make more trips in to call them open carry friendly but over all a very pleasant experience
    Last edited by fire suppressor; 07-02-2011 at 08:19 AM. Reason: typo
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

I stole the idea from the Virginia forum a long time ago. They have several of these types of threads that span years and years.

I will say this, that this type of thread encourages many lurkers to join the forum and come meet all of us. Ask Goose, many times new members come out to say hello, many people read this stuff.
    Live Free or Die!

O.K., I went to Lowes Fri. and had agout a 5 min chat with an employee. He was new as most of the employees have seen me before. He was very interested as he was from Tennessee. He said this area is very friendly.

Uneventful 4th, stopped at the Kitsap Way Walgreens, no comments on a quick stop for some OTC stuff. Other than the last meet up at the Buffet, was my first real OC day, no other comments at the fireworks that took up the rest of the day, until the 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by fire suppressor View Post
    I bought two cupcakes, a soda for me and a coffee for my girlfriend (about 10 dollars) ...
    Well, so much for the theory that open carry deters crime.

Quote Originally Posted by fire suppressor View Post
    I bought two cupcakes, a soda for me and a coffee for my girlfriend (about 10 dollars)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
    Well, so much for the theory that open carry deters crime.
    Looks like the guy carrying the gun got robbed by an unarmed clerk.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

out ocing all the time

The wife and I went to A little place in Port Orchard called the Hideaway Cafe( next to the library) great gyro,s. And went down and listend to the Hermatones at the concert by the bay at the waterfront park. all in all A superb day.
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

Almost every weekday morning, you can find me at the Bandix Dog Park on Bandix Road near Burley-Olalla Road walking my dog on the trails. I've been doing this for years. At first, a few people asked me about it, but now even the newcomers don't mention it. We've got one WSP trooper and one other LEO that frequent the park. Neither has ever mentioned it. I'm heading there shortly. Stop by sometime and join me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajetpilot View Post
    Almost every weekday morning, you can find me at the Bandix Dog Park on Bandix Road near Burley-Olalla Road walking my dog on the trails. I've been doing this for years. At first, a few people asked me about it, but now even the newcomers don't mention it. We've got one WSP trooper and one other LEO that frequent the park. Neither has ever mentioned it. I'm heading there shortly. Stop by sometime and join me.
    What time do you go down? I could use the exercise myself!
    Last edited by 1911er; 07-19-2011 at 12:34 PM.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

I generally get there between 9-9:15 and stay until 10AM. Come join me!

I generally get there between 9-9:15 and stay until 10AM. Come join me!
    will see you in the AM.

DEMAND IT

Had a nice walk and chat with 1911er at the dog park today. No body questioned the fact that two men with guns were walking through the park.

morning exercise

Had a nice walk and chat with 1911er at the dog park today. No body questioned the fact that two men with guns were walking through the park.
    Thanks for the invite Ajetpilot:

I enjoyed the walk this morning with Ajetpilot and lexie, an no one went screaming out of the park. all in all good visit.

DEMAND IT

Port Orchard

Lunch today with one beautiful woman, and three gunslingers at the Hideaway Cafe.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0151.jpg 
Views:	607 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	6431

Great lunch

Lunch today with one beautiful woman, and three gunslingers at the Hideaway Cafe.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0151.jpg 
Views:	607 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	6431
    Squeak isn't that beautiful although he does have A bit of boyish charm. enjoyed having lunch with every one, isn't it amazing no one went screaming off panicing afraid for there lives. see you all soon.

PS: The owners said we are welcome back anytime.

DEMAND IT

Did some shopping at Cash and Carry in Bremerton. Check-out guy recognized the gun I was carrying, and we had a nice chat about various models. Uneventful as usual. as it should be.

7-2-11 this was a bit of a out of county day

Fondi's Pizza in Gig Harbor- Great service and food no problems, was thanked by staff and told to come back any time

Pier one imports Tacoma- A few weird looks when I asked for the bathroom but no problems

Jo-ann fabric Tacoma- Surprisingly no problems at all and one very surprised look from a husband walking with his wife

World Market Tacoma- Spent about a hour in the store, had one female employee fallow me around for about 20 minutes and then diapered

7-3-11

Walked into Central Market in Poulsbo early in the morning, walked right past a table of 4 cops only a few feet away with no problems. On way out smiled and waved, this started a very casual conversation lasting for few minutes. I know they saw my gun but it never came up, they wished me a good morning. Reference my thread "Gut check time - this is a absloute must read for anyone who has not open carried"

7-15-11

Strange encounter with one of my neighbors late at night who was hiding inside a garbage dumpster fence. The neighbor apparently waited until I pasted and then tried to sneak up behind me in the dark while dressed all in black. The situation quickly came to a stop the second I put my hand on my gun. The neighbor retreated and I never had to draw my gun, neighbor apologized the next day for scaring me. A detailed encounter can be found at my thread "strang encounter - you tell me what it was"

Other than that just a lot of open carry at my daily stores, my local Walmart, Central Market, Starbucks...... Nothing ells note worthy this month
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Pizza Pizza

I went to the new little ceasers in Port orchard for dinner tonight picked up pizza and wings to bring home. Place was packed had A couple of looks but no one went screaming frm the building, btw the pizza isn't bad either will be having coffee at the Hideaway cafe around 9 am if any one is in the area come on down. Its next to the library in downtown Port Orchard .

Hideaway Cafe
    807 Bay Street, Port Orchard, WA 98366-5203
    (360) 895-4418
    Last edited by 1911er; 07-27-2011 at 10:43 PM.

DEMAND IT

Here is an opportunity for the Kitsap OCers. Tuesday night Aug 2nd, the Kitsap SO and Port Orchard PD are sponsoring a "Nite Out" at the water front park near the library. Free food entertainment etc. There will be NO commercial booths set up. I have to work, or I would do an OC booth. How about one of you guys? 1911er? Squeak,? jetpilot,? 1245,defender?
    It is a city park, and the event is sponsored by city and county.....

http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/kitsap/p...126338823.html
    Last edited by Trigger Dr; 07-29-2011 at 10:46 AM. Reason: To add link

Wow!!!

I LIKE IT!!!!
    i would like to be there,, ill do what ever..
    Hope my friends will come too.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Thanks for the heads up, Doc. I think I can make it. Hope others can as well.

I am going to check with M1Gunr today and see if the OC table banner could be available for this.

oooh-oooh oooh- Pick ME

I can help man the table if we can get one. But we will need lots of phamplets

DEMAND IT

Gig Harbor

The wife and I went to gig harbor starbucks to meet one of her clients today, Then took our two pooches to the Bandix dog Park had A nice walk great day so far.

DEMAND IT

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    Here is an opportunity for the Kitsap OCers. Tuesday night Aug 2nd, the Kitsap SO and Port Orchard PD are sponsoring a "Nite Out" at the water front park near the library. Free food entertainment etc. There will be NO commercial booths set up. I have to work, or I would do an OC booth. How about one of you guys? 1911er? Squeak,? jetpilot,? 1245,defender?
    It is a city park, and the event is sponsored by city and county.....

http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/kitsap/p...126338823.html
    My wife and I will be there about 6PM tonight. Hope to see some others there as well! I'll be wearing my hat and "The Judge". Come up and say hi!
    Last edited by Ajetpilot; 08-02-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast