• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kitsap County Open Carry Report

Trigger Dr

I am going to check with M1Gunr today and see if the OC table banner could be available for this.

Ajetpilot

Here is an opportunity for the Kitsap OCers. Tuesday night Aug 2nd, the Kitsap SO and Port Orchard PD are sponsoring a "Nite Out" at the water front park near the library. Free food entertainment etc. There will be NO commercial booths set up. I have to work, or I would do an OC booth. How about one of you guys? 1911er? Squeak,? jetpilot,? 1245,defender?
It is a city park, and the event is sponsored by city and county.....

http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/kitsap/poi/opinion/126338823.html

My wife and I will be there about 6PM tonight. Hope to see some others there as well! I'll be wearing my hat and "The Judge". Come up and say hi!

Last edited:

Vitaeus

Next year

After I saw you guys, I ran into the P.O. Chief of Police and asked about next year, he saw no reason not to have us put up a table next time they do this.

1245A Defender

well,,,

Great to see Squeek, 1245 Defender, Vitaeus, and some other open carriers at the Port Orchard "Night Out" event.
View attachment 6537

well i got there at 6 and left at 7:30, home by 8.
finally got a warm can of root beer and a cold hot dog, so i managed to keep my strength going.
i carried a wa law booklet and a try fold out front for folks to see and finally a guy asked me where they were passing them out,
i told him i had brought them with me and he looked disappointed, I asked if he had any questions and he just said no.
then i gave them too him and he looked relieved, but didnt seem to want a conversation, oh well...
i didnt see any other carriers besides the 4 of us.
did I mention that squeak can be annoying?
he kept hounding some poor woman at a booth promoting storing emergency food in case you cant get to the store for whatever reason.
squeak kept telling her that if he didnt get to eat for 2 days in a row, he would steal his neighbors dog and eat that.
she was aghast! then he told her that she would probably do the same thing herself! she was aghast again!
he accused me of following him around, so i made myself scarce and he came looking for me, he seemed lonely, and kind of sad.
P.O. cops were out in force and kitsap sheriff was there too, I talked to all of them,
and even though i was so comfortable and animated with my hands while we talked, i even remember resting my hand on the butt
of my cross draw, carried star modelo super, not a word was said, nor eyebrow raised!
and i got a stick on p.o.junior cops badge and a stick on kitsap junior deputy star!

1245A Defender

And!!!

I should say that i might have egged on squeak and his talk of eating dogs.
at the end of one of his rants to the lady, I said to her, that if you dont want to eat a dog,
maybe she should try eating a kitten, that they are very tasty.
I and she both laughed it off as me just being silly, but then,
I added that it might be a very good idea, to keep a sack of kittens on hand just in case
you find you cant get to the store for whatever reason. she looked at me like I was a monster. I apologized and she said OK.
actually though, kittens, although tasty, barely have enough meat to feed a young girl, so they should be hoarded
untill they are really fat cats or your feral cat population has grown really large.
and speaking of open carry, squeak was wearing sandals, and I am nice, so I told him, he had pretty feet.
his toes had sweat on them, I thought that was kind of weird.

1911er

Port Orchard OC

As I was coming out of Fred Meyer in Port Orchard today A young Lady Aproached me saying open carry (enthusiasticly) and I replied yes it is legal here in Wa. and she told me that they see it all the time in Idaho but were happy to know it was legal here too. I gladly handed her A pamphlet and explained about our forum .One more positive encounter makes for A great day.

Ajetpilot

Last night, my wife and I attended the campaign kickoff event for Tim Matthes who is running for mayor of Port Orchard. The event was held at Moondogs Too downtown. Many pro 2A folks were in attendance, but I was the only one OC. If you live in P.O., I highly recommend that you vote for this gent. He attended one of our Kitsap County picnics in a county park when we were in a battle with the county commissioners to change their park code. Tim is fiercely pro 2A!

Also, give Moondogs Too a try for lunch or dinner.

1911er

The car show in Port Orchard

Sunday they had Bay st. in Port Orchard closed to traffic do to A big car show and street fair. I had to park at the 7-11 and got a ride to the Hideaway cafe for breakfast chatted with Vern and John the owners had A great visit.
And went around town looking at all the cars (they had hundreds of them) checked out all the little vendor tents up and down Bay st. And stopped in several bussineses found A new coin shop toward the east end of downtown the two guys that own it(Mike and Dennis) are both pro carry. Had A great day even with the few sprinkles we had.

sirpuma

Kitsap County Fair and Rodeo

Just spent the afternoon and evening at the Kitsap County Fair and Rodeo. Had a great time. Rode a few rides, watched the Sheriff's office demonstrate their K-9 units, looked at a bunch of fine animals and had a blast watching the rodeo. One carny worker asked if my sidearm was real to which I answered with a big smile "well, it wouldn't do any good to carry a fake one." He walked away perplexed and seemed to chat with a few other workers before wondering off. Another worker smiled and shook my hand for carrying and made light jokes as I rode the ride. Got lots of strange looks from folks but no one else mentioned it. All in all a good night. Hi score on the bare back broncs was 88 and high score on the bulls was 90 and a Port Orchard lady won the local level barrel race. A great rodeo!

1911er

Out and about

I went into the Money Tree in Port Orchard today and while I was taking care of business the guy at the next teller kept looking over at me and finally asked how do they feel about packing heat over here? I told him if your legal to own A handgun you can wear it in the open. He said he recently moved here from Montana and OC,d there all the time but wasn,t sure what the laws were here so I gave him A pamphlet and told him about the forum. I think we have another OCer in Port Orchard. Hooray!!!

Last edited:

fire suppressor

Last week I went to the rodeo drive in got out a few times to use the bathroom and get food no problems just one big smile from a little girl who looked very curious over my XD

Last night I was shopping at central market early in the am walked right by a Poulsbo Officer checking out, his eyes looked me up and down on my strong side then he smiled and gave me the head nod, I nodded back and he left

1911er

Albertson's Port Orchard

I was at Albertson's buying some chuck roast and some guy asked me whats with that as he glanced down at my hip "your the second guy I have seen carrying but your smarter, his was cocked" and I told him not smarter just a different kind of handgun. he told me he was from TX. and you see that all the time down there but he didn't know it was legal up here so I explained it to him a bit gave him a brochure introduced myself, told him about the forum and wished him A good day.

Last edited: