• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kitsap County Open Carry Report

1911er

Sherri's

AJETPILOT: I went down there shortly after 12 and you were no where to be found am i correct in assuming the time you posted and the time it shows you posted is 2 hours off will send you A pm

Ajetpilot

1944er, I'm bettin' that you don't have the right time zone set on this forum. The posting time shows 10:06 for me. Check your settings. Sorry I missed you at Sherris, and good talking with you tonight on the phone.

Ajetpilot

My wife open carried this morning by herself for the first time when she took the dog to Long Lake park. She has been an occassional concealed carrier, but I told her that open carrying in a empty park would be a deterrent. She returned home very proud that she ran the dog and had no fear of being bothered. She even left all of her ID in the car, as I always do. I love it! :monkey:monkey

1911er

first oc alone

My wife open carried this morning by herself for the first time when she took the dog to Long Lake park. She has been an occassional concealed carrier, but I told her that open carrying in a empty park would be a deterrent. She returned home very proud that she ran the dog and had no fear of being bothered. She even left all of her ID in the car, as I always do. I love it! :monkey:monkey

Tell her I am proud of her and next time I want to see that thing strapped to her side, and let her know it gets easier the more she does it.

RiverRat57

Bremerton 9/11 Ground breaking

I O/C'd in Evergreen park during Bremerton's 9/11 ceremony, no one seemed to notice my Remington 1911R1 on my hip, pretty hard to miss, with two mags on the other side. Maybe I should have slung my M1 Carbine over my shoulder, think anyone would notice that??

fire suppressor

Hey guys as I write this I am out open carrying at king's wok buffet in silverdale. I have never open carried here before but no problems to report another case of the invisible gun

MadHatter66

I OC all over Poulsbo... Went to Sluy's and Hot Shots Java this morning... Got a few funny looks while waiting for my coffee from the people sitting at the tables there, but this is nothing new, but other than that no issues as it should be... I will add the caveat that it is Halloween, and people might think its part of a "costume!"

fire suppressor

Madhatter I am surprised we have not run into each other yet I have been open carrying in Poulsbo for about the year now and never seen anyone ells OC. I sometimes go into hot shots in the afternoon more of a startbucks guy my self but yes they do like to give you weird looks in there but they have never said anything to me about it

MadHatter66

I am too... I did see a tall guy in rite-aid wearing an cross draw holster once with what looked to be a Kahr or something similar...that must have been in the last year or so. I was actually in a hurry and didn't have time to talk to him... Not someone I recognized from any meet-ups either... I think that is the only other OC I have seen around here.

Last edited:

Batousaii

All is well.

Ran into Bob (defender) today at Fred Meyers - Hi Bob! -lol.
- I was carrying my 1911 and doing some shopping. They are very used to me there.
Halloween the kids wife and I went to Old Country Buffet, I wore my Vaquero with a traditional straight loop rig. Only comment i got was from an old feller who exclaimed to his friend "oh man! - I shoulda worn mine too!" - gave me a chuckle.
Seems my 1911 has had more rides on my hip than ye-old Vaquero this year. So is life when your busy.

Hope all is well for everyone.

:dude: Bat.

MadHatter66

Is there a old country buffet in Kitsap Count? Any have any problems carrying in Bremerton I don't find my self out there too often

I have never had any problems in Bremerton but then again I avoid that place as much as possible. I do know semper carry was detained by a BPD at the ferry terminal one evening in 2009 though. :cuss:

Batousaii

Is there a old country buffet in Kitsap Count? Any have any problems carrying in Bremerton I don't find my self out there too often

The Old Country Buffet was in Lakewood. I have OC'd there several times, once with some enthusiastic support from one of the managers.

I have never had any problems in Bremerton but then again I avoid that place as much as possible. I do know semper carry was detained by a BPD at the ferry terminal one evening in 2009 though. :cuss:

I've never had any issues with OC in my area, or really anyplace i been. I've had one encounter with Seattle PD when the officer initially tried to tell me it was illegal - lol - after an educating conversation, and my wife snapping some full-auto shots with her SLR camera, the officer shook my and and let me about my way, even thanked me for a polite conversation. +1 for us (that was back when the Brady bunch ad their deal at the park to harass starbucks). I have had a few sheeple bleat about my gun, but not too often, and if they are not receptive to logic (some actually are) then i just dismiss them and go about my way. I am rarely confrontational, only if forced to it.

Last edited:

MadHatter66

I have never had any negative here in Kitsap really, but I just avoid Bremerton because it is a **** hole and I can do my business elsewhere, where I don't have to worry about red light camera's and meth heads... That really the only reason I avoid Bummer-town.

aktion

as he glanced down at my hip "your the second guy I have seen carrying but your smarter, his was cocked" and I told him not smarter just a different kind of handgun.

That may have been me he was referring to, haha! I used to shop there regularly, until I moved to Bremerton recently. 1911A1, condition 1. I've been rather surprised how many folks have approached me just to say, 'hey, your hammer is cocked'. I usually just smile and thank them for looking out for me.

Lowes Port Orchard, Lowes Silverdale, Wholesale Sports Silverdale, QFC Kitsap Way in Bremerton in the last week, without incident as usual. One of the employees at the Silverdale Lowes even kept double-taking as he was helping me select the right plumbing parts. I've noticed even wearing contrasting clothes with black weapon and holster, almost no comment.

sirpuma

A couple months ago I chatted with a BPD officer on the sidewalk out in front of the Bremerton Ferry terminal where people walk off. He happened to be the officer that was first on scene when my friend crashed his plane. We chatted about the accident and first responder stuff, then I shook his hand and thanked him for being there for my friend. After that there was a short conversation about my XD and that he wished they could carry .45. Nice guy.

MadHatter66

A couple months ago I chatted with a BPD officer on the sidewalk out in front of the Bremerton Ferry terminal where people walk off. He happened to be the officer that was first on scene when my friend crashed his plane. We chatted about the accident and first responder stuff, then I shook his hand and thanked him for being there for my friend. After that there was a short conversation about my XD and that he wished they could carry .45. Nice guy.

Yeah Bremerton PD is pretty good about OC... Most all of the line officers aren't going to hassle anyone for OC... I have not talked to them all, but I talked to quite a few that said "Hey, this can be dangerous city, why do you think I carry a gun? People here should carry guns..." Some of sergeants and brass aren't keen on OC but can respect it. I know that SGT Cronk is anti-OC, as he is the one that light up sempercarry. I am not sure if anything came of that, or if he was "enlightened" as to violating peoples rights or not, but for the most part I really can't think of any LE here that is really anti-oc, and I know quite a few cops around the county.

I am also not sure which POPD detective 1911er is speaking of, I happen to know both the detectives they have and both of them are very supportive of OC/CC so maybe its some of the higher LT's? Also, Chief Townsend is also pretty carry friendly as well if I remember correctly...

Last edited:

MadHatter66

Went black Friday shopping with the wife this morning for a few hours... Went to Fred Meyers in east Bremerton (their deal on socks is awesome :banana:), petsmart, Eddie Bauer, Starbucks, Joanns and then to breakfast at Shari's in Silverdale. Of all the days that I thought that I might have a problem with someone, today was it and I had no issues.