• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kitsap County Open Carry Report

leitung

I finally ate at Dave's café after living here 13 years not bad and no one said A word about my S&W hanging on my hip. then I stopped in A couple of doors down to pick up some stuff for one of my habits and the teller said she was glad to see someone exercising there right to carry. Instant conversation starter we chatted for about 15 minutes then I was on my way. good day!!

Yeah that smoke shop is pro OC, I stop in from time to time.

Oathkeeper Cooter

Silverdale

On the way back from the range, the wife and I stopped for dinner at Azteca in Silverdale. Only my second OC, sensed a few looks, but no negative comments or 'extra looks' by management. And it was obvious: dark blue pants, coyote brown g-code kydex holster, glock 23 and white shirt.

Slowly getting bolder about OC.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
On the way back from the range, the wife and I stopped for dinner at Azteca in Silverdale. Only my second OC, sensed a few looks, but no negative comments or 'extra looks' by management. And it was obvious: dark blue pants, coyote brown g-code kydex holster, glock 23 and white shirt.

Slowly getting bolder about OC.
It does get easier each time your exercise that right. Eventually it will be the normal/default condition.

When you hit the "go home now" button because you forget your digital recorder, you will have qualfied for the next level. :lol:

fire suppressor

A few nights ago I got out of a late showing of this is the end in Silverdale. I got out of the movies a little after midnight and was on the road home a few minutes later. I was the only car on the road and to be honest I was just driving I was not really paying attention to my speed. I saw those blue lights com on around the Target area of the road as I was trying to make my way back to Highway 3. I pulled over and had a young WSP officer come up to my passenger side window. The young officer did have his hand on his gun so I made sure to keep mine on my steering wheel. The officer was very polite and professional and he said he pulled me over for going 6 over. He asked for my drivers license, proof of insurance and registration. I informed the officer I did have a loaded gun on my right hip and that I did not want to surprise him when I reached for my wallet. Again to the officer's credit he remained very calm and professional, he thanked me for the warring and asked to see my permit if I had one. I handed him my drivers license, insurance card, and WA CPL. As the officer looked at my paper work he asked me what kind of gun I had and we started a conversation about guns in general. The officer handed me all of my paper work back and again thanked me for telling him I had my gun because the second my hand was in my back pocket my shirt came up and he could see my gun. We talked about guns for a while what we both carry and why and then he told me to have a good night and to drive the speed limit. That was it no ticket and not even much of a lecture. I did not get his name but overall it was a very easy and smooth encounter. I was paying attention to the officer's body language and thought it was weird after I told him I had a gun on me and I showed him my CPL he relaxed and took his hand off of his gun. I guess he had decided at that point I was not a threat

psbart

one of my friends posted a comment to facebook that I found amusing.

I had posted to a mutual friend's wall about how a major injury does great things for weeding out fair weather friends when another friend of ours posted "So will breastfeeding while packing heat" LoL.

Had a another friend chuckle one time when we were at a park for a BBQ with friends and there I was OC, nursing my baby in public. when I asked him what he was laughing about he said "just wondering how many people you can offend at once. Open carrying a sidearm. around kids. and breastfeeding in public all at the same time"

love my life :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
one of my friends posted a comment to facebook that I found amusing.

I had posted to a mutual friend's wall about how a major injury does great things for weeding out fair weather friends when another friend of ours posted "So will breastfeeding while packing heat" LoL.

Had a another friend chuckle one time when we were at a park for a BBQ with friends and there I was OC, nursing my baby in public. when I asked him what he was laughing about he said "just wondering how many people you can offend at once. Open carrying a sidearm. around kids. and breastfeeding in public all at the same time"

love my life :)

Some people are offended/object to the darndest things.

Kid's hungary?...feed 'em.

Bad guy needs stoppin'?...do it.

Don't like either?......don't look.

Next problem :)

fire suppressor

I OC at the other corner of the park at the 9-11 memorial from 1840 to about 1915 tonight. Been meaning to check out the market.

I stopped by the memorial on Saturday the 14th on my motorcycle and I am glad I did the weather cleared up and it turned out to be a nice day for it. I thought they did a great job on it and I was amazed how much they had. For us to get part of a corner stone from the Pentagon and dirt from the field of flight 93 crash I thought was very meaningful. No problems with my gun even with a fair amount of people around the memorial. Other than for work I do not get to Bremerton much and I do not know how open carry friendly the city is but I had no problems on the 14th

EMNofSeattle

Today OC'd at

>Kitsap Credit Union while withdrawing cash
>Sheriff's Office in Port Orchard while filling out CPL application/fingerprints
>DMV office in Bremerton
>Jack in the Box East Bremerton

no issues.

fire suppressor

Today OC'd at

>Kitsap Credit Union while withdrawing cash
>Sheriff's Office in Port Orchard while filling out CPL application/fingerprints
>DMV office in Bremerton
>Jack in the Box East Bremerton

no issues.

Congratulations for your first official day of open carry! (At least in Washington)