• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The First 2011 Wisconsin Hwy 67 Adopt A Highway Cleanup and Picnic - Sat. July 30th

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
LoL. Tom M and I are the same guy, so u can remove him from the list. I can't show up twice, and I'd hate for y'all to get mad when I don't show up. =}

I got some vests and the signs, and a bunch of DOT safety t-shirts in an extra large that I can bring. Anything else you can think of just let me know.

Last edited:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Dave, you can add my name to the list. I'll be there, God willin' and the creek don't rise.
Great! Thanks for stepping forward!

1. springfield 1911
  2. davegran
  3. *davegran's wife
  4. *Johnny Stiletto
  5. rcawdor57
  6. AaronS
  7. *XDFDE45
  8. TaurusToter
  9. Running Wolf
*Possible participants

Also...
A few things to consider bringing to the clean-up would be:

Gloves (These are a must!
Trash Poker or "Idiot Stick" (Build your own, they come in handy if you don't like constantly bending over)
Water
Pants (Ticks!)
Suntan lotion
Bug Spray
Folding chair [STRIKE] (If you plan to stay for the potluck) [/STRIKE]
Gun (Obviously :dude:)

Be sure to watch the Adopt-A-Highway Safety Training Video if you haven't done so already:
http://media1.wi.gov/DOT/Viewer/?peid=c9049406-56c7-4515-8fbd-a06164d1a862
There is a nice park nearby that is hosting a huge baseball tournament but we might be able to find enough shade to set out some folding chairs if you want to gab afterward. Bring your own cooler with sandwiches or whatever.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
After Action Report...

Another very successful cleanup took place today. We had 13 people show up and once we got going, it only took us an easy hour and 20 minutes. The grass hadn't been cut recently so we had to dig some of the debris out, but we ended up with 13 full trash bags. Highway 67 sparkles once again!

The people who stepped forward to help out were:

1. Running Wolf
  2. TaurusToter
  3. Springfield 1911
  4. Davegran
  5. XDFDE45
  6. AaronS
  7. Old School
  8. rcawdor57
  9. Springfield 1911's son, Josh
  10. Springfield 1911's son-in-law, Chris
  11. Springfield 1911's daughter, Belen
  12. Daniela, daughter of Chris & Belen
  13. Jessica, friend of Daniela
I hope I got these relationships correct,

Special thanks to everybody for driving some pretty long distances and working in the hot sun knowing that their only reward would be the good feeling from giving something back to the community and demonstrating to the passing people that Open Carriers are just regular folks. Regular folks who believe in getting involved and put some skin in the game. There was a lot of traffic because of all the happenings in Dousman; I mean, who wants to miss the National Frog Jumping Championship...?
:lol:

Thanks to Josh for the picture, which I photoshopped a little...
1e5kd5.jpg

Not shown, rcawdor57