• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed Carry Training class: Pewaukee

protias

A firearms safety or training course that is available
to the public and is offered by a law enforcement
agency or,

Unless Governor Walker uses his veto pen, it looks like the Free Online Maryland Police Training Course meets the requirements also.
Walker does not have a line item veto power on the bill.

treebound

I was going to post a new thread asking about a training course that was advertised on 620am this morning but I'll just tag onto this thread.

For $125 a company called justcarry.com is offering a 4 hour course that is supposed to meet the WI and Utah training requirements and according to their site satisfies reciprocity to 30 or so other states. I don't know anything about them or this training. All I do know is that $30 an hour to sit in a class for four hours sounds steep. And they seem to have a lot of classes that are already filled.

So, $125 for one class, $85 for the WCTC class (not sure if there are additional administrative or student fees added beyond the $85), plus who knows how many more groups will be offering classes. The WCTC class looks like a 6 hour class, so it's about $14/hour.

I'm sure the DNR classes will fill with non-hunters for the rest of this year.

As to the school policies consider this, in my home city they have an ordinance against discharging firearms and I was told that if I had to shoot a firearm in self defense that the city attorney would have to dismiss the discharging a firearm violation. Gee, thanks.

Deadscott

Walker does not have a line item veto power on the bill.
Then I'm missing something here.

Once the legislature has passed a bill, the bill is forwarded to the governor for his or her approval or rejection. A rejection is called a “veto.” If the governor approves the bill, it becomes a law; if the governor rejects, or vetoes, the bill, in whole or in part, only the approved portion of the bill be*comes law. If the governor fails
either to approve or reject the bill within a specified time frame, the entire bill becomes a law.

As mentioned earlier, article 5, section 10, subsection (1), para*graph (b) of the Wisconsin Consti*tution allows the governor to veto partially any bill that contains an appropriation. An appropriation is an expenditure or distribution of
state money. Perhaps the most famous appropriation bill is the state budget bill, which is ap*proved by thelegislature every two years.

Since SB93 collects and dispenses moneys doesn't it fall into the appropriation category?
http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lrb/gw/gw_5.pdf