Thread: Accidently entering a posted area...

Accidently entering a posted area...

If you miss the sign, can you be immediately ticketed?

Do you have to be afforded an opportunity to leave?

ksks

I've seen nothing in the statute that requires additional notice that you're trespassing, or an opportunity to leave before being ticketed.

If someone has taken the time to actually post their property then they are probably paranoid enough to not give you a second chance. They are likely to call the police without warning and let the cops handle the "MWAG." If the cops have to come out there is a 99% chance you will get a ticket or worse. Just be more careful in the future and you should be fine.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    If someone has taken the time to actually post their property then they are probably paranoid enough to not give you a second chance. They are likely to call the police without warning and let the cops handle the "MWAG." If the cops have to come out there is a 99% chance you will get a ticket or worse. Just be more careful in the future and you should be fine.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Tonight was a good example for my concern. My family went to see the fireworks. Like 100 other people we parked in a private lot, but open for parking. Too dark to see all possible places a sign could be posted. I got out to stand by the car to watch.

"Clearly visible" in the daylight is one thing, another in the dark.

The law should not have been written for a citation simply for carrying, just if you refused to leave when requested.

If you keep your weapon concealed then they should not be any the wiser NOT SAYING YOU SHOULD VIOLATE THE LAW........if your carrying a 12" 44 mag under your t-shirt then you get what you get...

Signage must be CLEARLY posted at EVERY enterance
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 07-02-2011 at 11:51 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

McX
    here's a video of some guys that went into a restricted area, and didnt see the signs because of the fog:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w_Yl...eature=related

It's unfortunate that the penalties for being armed in a victim disarmament zone are this strict. Those of us who OC have to check the entrance diligently. If you are concealing and concealing without printing a great deal (but nobody will notice your printing anyways I can tell you), I would be less concerned about so diligent.