• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Accidently entering a posted area...

ksks

If you miss the sign, can you be immediately ticketed?

Do you have to be afforded an opportunity to leave?

ksks

grinner

I've seen nothing in the statute that requires additional notice that you're trespassing, or an opportunity to leave before being ticketed.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
If someone has taken the time to actually post their property then they are probably paranoid enough to not give you a second chance. They are likely to call the police without warning and let the cops handle the "MWAG." If the cops have to come out there is a 99% chance you will get a ticket or worse. Just be more careful in the future and you should be fine.

Dobb

If someone has taken the time to actually post their property then they are probably paranoid enough to not give you a second chance. They are likely to call the police without warning and let the cops handle the "MWAG." If the cops have to come out there is a 99% chance you will get a ticket or worse. Just be more careful in the future and you should be fine.

I agree

ksks

Tonight was a good example for my concern. My family went to see the fireworks. Like 100 other people we parked in a private lot, but open for parking. Too dark to see all possible places a sign could be posted. I got out to stand by the car to watch.

"Clearly visible" in the daylight is one thing, another in the dark.

The law should not have been written for a citation simply for carrying, just if you refused to leave when requested.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
If you keep your weapon concealed then they should not be any the wiser NOT SAYING YOU SHOULD VIOLATE THE LAW........if your carrying a 12" 44 mag under your t-shirt then you get what you get...

Signage must be CLEARLY posted at EVERY enterance

Last edited:

smithman

It's unfortunate that the penalties for being armed in a victim disarmament zone are this strict. Those of us who OC have to check the entrance diligently. If you are concealing and concealing without printing a great deal (but nobody will notice your printing anyways I can tell you), I would be less concerned about so diligent.