• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My kinda Grandma!!!

The Big Guy

Maxine went to the Brush Country Women's meeting Tuesday. The topic was Texas conceal carry law. One of the speakers related the following story:

On the way to the previous monthly meeting, an elderly lady was stopped by a highway patrolman. He ask for her drivers licence and insurance. The lady took out the required information and handed it to the patrolman. In with the cards he was surprised to see she had a conceal carry permit. He looked at her and asked if she had a weapon in her possession at this time. She responded that she indeed had .45 automatic in her glove box. Something, body language or the way she said it made him want to ask if she had any other firearms. She did admit to also having a 9mm Glock in her center console. Now he had to ask one more time if that was all, she responded once again she did have just one more, a .38 special in her purse. The officer then ask her what was she so afraid of?

She looked him right in the eye and said, "Not a damn thing!"

True story? I dunno, but it should be...

TBG