• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

carry question

bigtim6656

hopefully I will get answer for this question by sunday night

Ok in my small indiana town everyone hangs out on the court house sqaure really a round one way roundabout everyone parks in the spaces around it hangs on the lawn and and the sidewalk

Due to ta recent issue with a few guys not there but the one place I dont carry
I had two guys come at me and one had a weapon nothing bad but a woodend 1 1/2 inch rod is enough to hurt ended up removing the weapon and solving the issue myself :D

well tonight the issue with them has heated up, knowing they tend to like to jump people me included and have weapons, I was already told the each had a knife and a bat in the guys car I am wondering about carring on the sqaure.
I am concerned about carrying up there, the court house I know is a no go, but am I ok on the lawn, the side walk, and what about the other side of the street can I park there and since it is all business there not be on court house property, where is the line I dont want to cross, going from the side walk to the lawn or is the lawn ok, or should I stay on the other side where the business are. I called the sheriff office the lady said no for the side walk lawn as it is court property, but said she was saying no because she was not 100% sure either way but the law says in a court house right? A friend said I was good to go, so did my dad and another guy, the friend who told me today said to talk to the prosecutor and the sheriff, MY THOUGHT is them the cheif who I know and maybe the local state police since all of the above patrol it

Last edited:

Ken8521

Sometimes I understand why people think there should be required training.

Sounds like you need to make some adjustments on where and with who you are hanging out with.

handgunlaw.us and click on Indiana, and read the PDF. It gives a basic run down of state laws, and has also has relevant state statutes listed, and you can Google them. I'm pretty sure the sidewalk of the courthouse should be OK. Why on earth would you be hanging out on the lawn of the court house?

bigtim6656

from my understanding is the law says in a courthouse. Not sure why everyone hangs there, just a small town thing i guess. But when the girls want u to start what u gonna do:lol:

Murphy

from my understanding is the law says in a courthouse. Not sure why everyone hangs there, just a small town thing i guess. But when the girls want u to start what u gonna do:lol:

I think I'd explain to the girls "WHY, it's not a good idea.", and then when they complain, simply ask them, "IF I get arrested, are you willing to go to jail with me, or pay the money for my bail?"

Usually they say "no"...

If they still complain, I think I'd be finding some "other girls" and places to hang out...

Nothing personal, but you've already indicated possible trouble there, already, so why aggravate the situation?