Thread: OC Get together, let's do it! Saturday, 7.9.11, Old Saybrook?

OC Get together, let's do it! Saturday, 7.9.11, Old Saybrook?

I say lets do it.

After the other thread and Rich's issues, I think it would be a great location for a "coffee". He already has a letter from Starbucks and their District Manager.

Anyone down?

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

I would like to suggest that we rally together in Stamford instead. The police in Old Saybrook seem to leave OCers alone at the moment, but I think our fellow OCer could use some support in Stamford.

Who else is in for next Sunday? (I have a huge family picnic on Saturday)
    Last edited by Rich B; 07-03-2011 at 05:13 PM.

I agree on Stamford.

I think any time we can at least have a get together in a town where a fellow OC'er or any other abuse of law enforcement is a good thing.

I, however, can't do Sunday (I don't want to leave my son stranded at scout camp in Rhode Island!).

But by all means, we definitely don't need to stay stuck on Saturday.

Seems like a few may already be interested.

Suggestion:

How about a time and address for the location.

Then, everyone that wants to attend, just reply so we can have an idea of how many to expect (not that we wouldn't exactly stand out now!).

Let's show support to a fellow citizen who's 2A rights were infringed by poorly trained law enforcement....

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Thumbs up

Hey Kix and Rich I will give you guys a call. it sound very good.

Hmm. too bad. I live in the Old Saybrook area.

I'll follow this thread. Please let us know what time you were thinking. I'll do my best.

Stamford is a long ride from the "Quiet Corner", however as long as the weather is good, count me in. I'm always looking to for a little "me" time on the bike. I too will keep an eye on here to see what day/time/place you want to meet.