• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Get together, let's do it! Saturday, 7.9.11, Old Saybrook?

KIX

I say lets do it.

After the other thread and Rich's issues, I think it would be a great location for a "coffee". He already has a letter from Starbucks and their District Manager.

Anyone down?

Jonathan

Rich B

I would like to suggest that we rally together in Stamford instead. The police in Old Saybrook seem to leave OCers alone at the moment, but I think our fellow OCer could use some support in Stamford.

Who else is in for next Sunday? (I have a huge family picnic on Saturday)

Last edited:

KIX

I agree on Stamford.

I think any time we can at least have a get together in a town where a fellow OC'er or any other abuse of law enforcement is a good thing.

I, however, can't do Sunday (I don't want to leave my son stranded at scout camp in Rhode Island!).

But by all means, we definitely don't need to stay stuck on Saturday.

Seems like a few may already be interested.

Suggestion:

How about a time and address for the location.

Then, everyone that wants to attend, just reply so we can have an idea of how many to expect (not that we wouldn't exactly stand out now!).

Let's show support to a fellow citizen who's 2A rights were infringed by poorly trained law enforcement....

Jonathan

dcmdon

Hmm. too bad. I live in the Old Saybrook area.

I'll follow this thread. Please let us know what time you were thinking. I'll do my best.

Ctclassic

Stamford is a long ride from the "Quiet Corner", however as long as the weather is good, count me in. I'm always looking to for a little "me" time on the bike. I too will keep an eye on here to see what day/time/place you want to meet.