Thread: Energized 2nd Amendment Activists Defend Their Civil Rights In Sunnyvale, CA

Energized 2nd Amendment Activists Defend Their Civil Rights In Sunnyvale, CA

Despite the Golden State's national reputation of being a lost cause, civil rights activists in California are standing up in defense of the 2nd Amendment in dramatically-growing numbers and the gun control lobby is reeling from this public outcry against their highly-unpopular agenda. Don't count out the left coast just yet.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...s-sunnyvale-ca
    "History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - General Dwight D. Eisenhower

Oakland Gun Rights Examiner at Examiner.com

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-1...yih-chau-chang

Press Secretary at Responsible Citizens of California

http://www.responsiblecitizensofcalifornia.org/

From one of the original articles opposing gun stores in the city, which set off the protest:
    I feel as if having [a gun store] in close proximity to many schools is a danger, Sunnyvale Elementary School teacher Gina Lermont told the City Council last week. Im not sure if I want to educate my second graders on something like gun safety.

If you don't, & their parents don't, WHO WILL??
    And if they walk past a tobacco store, do you have to educate them about the health dangers related to smoking?
    It they walk past a fast-food place, do you have to educate them about the health risks of eating it?

would it be at all forgivable if somebody purchased a gun from there and walked down to one of the local elementary schools and shot?
    What an idiot.
    Because that's happened SO often in other states, right?
    Criminals don't buy from stores, & almost never buy from shows.

And the rep from the national anti-gun group was just as bad.
    law enforcement would be able to have the opportunity to inspect the dealer's records and inventory and just make sure everything is being operated safely
    They already do. It's called the ATF.

many other businesses have permits and have requirements that they need to follow. It's really a very minimal burden.
    After a local FFL explained that he has to have 12 permits & licenses.
    I don't call that minimal.

You folks in CA have an even harder battle than WI did, but the times they are a changin'.
    You'll eventually be able to exercise your rights like most of the rest of the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    From one of the original articles opposing gun stores in the city, which set off the protest:

And if they walk past a tobacco store, do you have to educate them about the health dangers related to smoking?
    It they walk past a fast-food place, do you have to educate them about the health risks of eating it?

What an idiot.

You folks in CA have an even harder battle than WI did, but the times they are a changin'.
    You'll eventually be able to exercise your rights like most of the rest of the country.
    They're kinda doing some of those things already. Attempting to make Mickey Ds remove the little toy from Happy meals and such.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post

What an idiot.

It's for the children...
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V