• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Energized 2nd Amendment Activists Defend Their Civil Rights In Sunnyvale, CA

Black Dragon

Despite the Golden State's national reputation of being a lost cause, civil rights activists in California are standing up in defense of the 2nd Amendment in dramatically-growing numbers and the gun control lobby is reeling from this public outcry against their highly-unpopular agenda. Don't count out the left coast just yet.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...ivists-defend-their-civil-rights-sunnyvale-ca

MKEgal

From one of the original articles opposing gun stores in the city, which set off the protest:
“I feel as if having [a gun store] in close proximity to many schools is a danger,” Sunnyvale Elementary School teacher Gina Lermont told the City Council last week. “I’m not sure if I want to educate my second graders on something like gun safety.”
:banghead:
If you don't, & their parents don't, WHO WILL??
And if they walk past a tobacco store, do you have to educate them about the health dangers related to smoking?
It they walk past a fast-food place, do you have to educate them about the health risks of eating it?

would it be at all forgivable if somebody purchased a gun from there and walked down to one of the local elementary schools and shot?
What an idiot.
Because that's happened SO often in other states, right?
Criminals don't buy from stores, & almost never buy from shows.

And the rep from the national anti-gun group was just as bad.
law enforcement would be able to have the opportunity to inspect the dealer's records and inventory and just make sure everything is being operated safely
They already do. It's called the ATF.

many other businesses have permits and have requirements that they need to follow. It's really a very minimal burden.
After a local FFL explained that he has to have 12 permits & licenses.
I don't call that minimal.

You folks in CA have an even harder battle than WI did, but the times they are a changin'.
You'll eventually be able to exercise your rights like most of the rest of the country.

William Fisher

From one of the original articles opposing gun stores in the city, which set off the protest:

And if they walk past a tobacco store, do you have to educate them about the health dangers related to smoking?
It they walk past a fast-food place, do you have to educate them about the health risks of eating it?

What an idiot.

You folks in CA have an even harder battle than WI did, but the times they are a changin'.
You'll eventually be able to exercise your rights like most of the rest of the country.

They're kinda doing some of those things already. Attempting to make Mickey Ds remove the little toy from Happy meals and such.

Gunslinger

What an idiot.

It's for the children...