Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i feel ALONE

i feel ALONE

im a permit holder in the blaine minnesota and surrounding areas. i practice the fine art of open carry daily and everywhere always. but as much as i read about people in the area OCing i have never seen anyone else doing it, and i make my rounds. even entering all the local gunshops and being an employee of the biggest shop/range (IMO) i still have yet to see anyone else ocing. i did notice tho when i went to the PERFECT TEN CARWASH on county road 10 by northtown mall, that there is a HUGE sign soon as u walk in that says "CCW permit holders welcome." which i thought was awesome and commended the manager responsible for the sign. so if there is any group of folks who are interested in doing any OC events im game. just shoot me a message on here and ide be more than happy to join in any events, dinners, trash pickups, whatever.i just want to know, am i alone? i feel like the "crazy MWAG" everywhere i go because i stick out, again because im the only one i feel like? someone please prove me wrong ide love to have some peace of mind. the local BLAINE PD even harrasses me regularly making comments such as "so your the guy we get a million calls a week about" or "So your the idiot thats pushing your kids stroller around with a gun wide out in the open" the blaine cops are very harsh and hate any type of carrying even concealed...and thats direct words from the DETECTIVES of blaine, not only the street guys. i have nothing but respect for them and plan on maybe being a LEO here one day. but i wont be like these guys.

Isn't Blaine kind of a far commute from Warren Ohio

I feel alone also... I live in Bloomington MN and have never seen another person open carrying. kinda sad really. I have never had a problem though.

I was just OC in fleetfarm in blaine today to get some ammo, then had a blast at bills gun shop and range in circle pines. Is there any good place to go in bloomington. I would be happy to go to some places in that town but MOA bans all weapons so I don't really know of any other place to attend in bloomington

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Your in Blaine, I live in Shakopee. Want to meet half way and have some coffee?

we should maybe see if we can set up one of those get together things for people in central minnesota

I OC in the Andover / Coon Rapids / sometimes Blaine area daily. :-) We are out there...

Think about it....

+/- 97,000 permit holders... 100,000 for math's sake.

70% are out of the metro area....

Based on survey of former students.

about 1/2 carry at all

1/2 carry daily

1/4 open carry at all

1/4 of that OC Daily.

Makes about 420 who will be OCing daily in the metro area... :-)
    Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
    NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Shotshell + Metallic Reloading, RSO)
    Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors

I'm not quite around your area, but Minnesota nonetheless! I'm in St. Cloud, just got my permit in the mail today; wore my .40 fishing and it felt good! I'm thinking I'll be mainly open carrying.

i havent had much problem in st. cloud, ive open carried in texas roadhouse, gander mountain, fleetfarm, and a few other places i cant remember, even the mall isnt posted so i did at target and scheels, culvers on hwy 10 and caseys in waite park. got kicked out of vilos lanes tho but that place is closed now, st. cloud isnt that far from me

Quote Originally Posted by tjkruck View Post
    i havent had much problem in st. cloud, ive open carried in texas roadhouse, gander mountain, fleetfarm, and a few other places i cant remember, even the mall isnt posted so i did at target and scheels, culvers on hwy 10 and caseys in waite park. got kicked out of vilos lanes tho but that place is closed now, st. cloud isnt that far from me
    Well... I'm new to this. I've Open carried once or twice on duty (I'm an MP in the Army lol), but it's a lot different when you're not in uniform. I think the short haircut and dressing respectably does a lot for me though. It's not like I go all thugged out haha. Let's do a meet some time around here, to get me into the civilian open carry scene!

We will.have to do that sometime,

I was just OC in fleetfarm in blaine today to get some ammo, then had a blast at bills gun shop and range in circle pines. Is there any good place to go in bloomington. I would be happy to go to some places in that town but MOA bans all weapons so I don't really know of any other place to attend in bloomington

Cowboy Jacks is usually a lot of fun. Just open carried there the other day and waitress didn't even realize I was carrying till I gave her a nice tip and said... "O! you have a gun...and laughed" I then said "yup!" and thats about as much confrontation I received lol the bouncers there also conceal carry sometimes and are really nice if your not a drunk causing problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Pehrson View Post
    Cowboy Jacks is usually a lot of fun. Just open carried there the other day and waitress didn't even realize I was carrying till I gave her a nice tip and said... "O! you have a gun...and laughed" I then said "yup!" and thats about as much confrontation I received lol the bouncers there also conceal carry sometimes and are really nice if your not a drunk causing problems.
    Be careful carrying in a bar its one thing if you go for the bar food but if you go to drink (even one) it stirs up a whole can of worms we don't need.

Be careful carrying in a bar its one thing if you go for the bar food but if you go to drink (even one) it stirs up a whole can of worms we don't need.

I don't know about your cowboy jacks down there, but up here our wings are INCREDIBLE! Well worth going there for, even without drinking haha. I don't remember what day it is, but I guess they have a bucket of wings for $5. I definitely need to get on that pretty soon here, maybe we could make it a meet n greet day even.

Quote Originally Posted by MPWarrior653 View Post
    I don't know about your cowboy jacks down there, but up here our wings are INCREDIBLE! Well worth going there for, even without drinking haha. I don't remember what day it is, but I guess they have a bucket of wings for $5. I definitely need to get on that pretty soon here, maybe we could make it a meet n greet day even.
    I did see that there is a cowboy jacks in st cloud. Where it is Idk. Always down for some good wings. I usually go to the ultimate for boneless wings on Thursdays

Last edited by tjkruck; 04-07-2012 at 03:44 PM.

I did see that there is a cowboy jacks in st cloud. Where it is Idk. Always down for some good wings. I usually go to the ultimate for homeless wings on Thursdays

Can't say I've ever had the "Homeless" wings at ultimate... lol.

Jacks is mingled in with the bars downtown, right next to the press, where the old Rox used to be. I love me some wings, would really suck having to draw on somebody with your hands covered in BBQ sauce though!

Jacks is mingled in with the bars downtown, right next to the press, where the old Rox used to be. I love me some wings, would really suck having to draw on somebody with your hands covered in BBQ sauce though!
    Damn thought I edited it before anyone saw that. Lol stupid phone auto correct always making wrong words when do they have specials.

Last edited by tjkruck; 04-07-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Dude that guy (who claims to be homeless) hasnt been at the corner by the smoke shop and mcdonalds in waite park. Maybe they might be homeless wings

Damn thought I edited it before anyone saw that. Lol stupid phone auto correct always making wrong words when do they have specials.

Just found on their website, apparently it's every Tuesday from 5-10pm until the end of the year. Bucket of 24 wings for $5.00! I vote we use that for a meet n greet once or twice! I know a couple buddies I could probably round up for that, and then it seems we're the only two from the Minnesota forum here lol.

Just found on their website, apparently it's every Tuesday from 5-10pm until the end of the year. Bucket of 24 wings for $5.00! I vote we use that for a meet n greet once or twice! I know a couple buddies I could probably round up for that, and then it seems we're the only two from the Minnesota forum here lol.
    This Tuesday should work the wife wants to go to the mall. I will not be able to make it up there until Tuesday but we should make sure that one is firearm friendly

Last edited by tjkruck; 04-08-2012 at 09:22 AM.

Just thought I would chime into this conversation. I don't have my PTC yet, I am taking the course in May. Just wanted to say I plan on ocing whenever possible. I live in Bloomington, but would be interested in a meet an greet after I get my PTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish.40 View Post
    Just thought I would chime into this conversation. I don't have my PTC yet, I am taking the course in May. Just wanted to say I plan on ocing whenever possible. I live in Bloomington, but would be interested in a meet an greet after I get my PTC.
    Where are good places to go to in bloomington, the only place I used to go to in bloomington is the MOA and I do not go there anymore due to the fact that they prevent me from protecting myself.

Where are good places to go to in bloomington, the only place I used to go to in bloomington is the MOA and I do not go there anymore due to the fact that they prevent me from protecting myself.

Good places to OC in Bloomington... On Penn and 494 there is a caribou (not sure if they are friendly) that has a nice little patio. Good street view. Also, Starbucks on Lyndale and 98th. There are other places with patios and whatnot but again, not sure who is friendly yet. I'll post when I get the PTC and start carrying daily. That should be interesting. I have never seen anyone OC in Bloomington.

This Tuesday should work the wife wants to go to the mall. I will not be able to make it up there until Tuesday but we should make sure that one is firearm friendly

I don't think I'll be able to do it this week actually, I have other things I need to take care of. I'll be shooting guns and doing other Army stuff this weekend, but I could maybe make next week work. I'll have to let you know as we get closer!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish.40 View Post

May definitely wont work for me as far as meeting up unless you guys are willing to travel 8000 miles or so lol. I'll be in Afghanistan then.

I don't think I'll be able to do it this week actually, I have other things I need to take care of. I'll be shooting guns and doing other Army stuff this weekend, but I could maybe make next week work. I'll have to let you know as we get closer!

May definitely wont work for me as far as meeting up unless you guys are willing to travel 8000 miles or so lol. I'll be in Afghanistan then.

If I could afford it, I would travel the 8000 miles and buy you a beer out of gratitude for your service!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast