• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

i feel ALONE

Irish.40

Just thought I would chime into this conversation. I don't have my PTC yet, I am taking the course in May. Just wanted to say I plan on ocing whenever possible. I live in Bloomington, but would be interested in a meet an greet after I get my PTC.

tjkruck

Just thought I would chime into this conversation. I don't have my PTC yet, I am taking the course in May. Just wanted to say I plan on ocing whenever possible. I live in Bloomington, but would be interested in a meet an greet after I get my PTC.

Where are good places to go to in bloomington, the only place I used to go to in bloomington is the MOA and I do not go there anymore due to the fact that they prevent me from protecting myself.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Irish.40

Where are good places to go to in bloomington, the only place I used to go to in bloomington is the MOA and I do not go there anymore due to the fact that they prevent me from protecting myself.

Good places to OC in Bloomington... On Penn and 494 there is a caribou (not sure if they are friendly) that has a nice little patio. Good street view. Also, Starbucks on Lyndale and 98th. There are other places with patios and whatnot but again, not sure who is friendly yet. I'll post when I get the PTC and start carrying daily. That should be interesting. I have never seen anyone OC in Bloomington.

MPWarrior653

This Tuesday should work the wife wants to go to the mall. I will not be able to make it up there until Tuesday but we should make sure that one is firearm friendly

I don't think I'll be able to do it this week actually, I have other things I need to take care of. I'll be shooting guns and doing other Army stuff this weekend, but I could maybe make next week work. I'll have to let you know as we get closer!

May definitely wont work for me as far as meeting up unless you guys are willing to travel 8000 miles or so lol. I'll be in Afghanistan then.

Irish.40

I don't think I'll be able to do it this week actually, I have other things I need to take care of. I'll be shooting guns and doing other Army stuff this weekend, but I could maybe make next week work. I'll have to let you know as we get closer!

May definitely wont work for me as far as meeting up unless you guys are willing to travel 8000 miles or so lol. I'll be in Afghanistan then.

If I could afford it, I would travel the 8000 miles and buy you a beer out of gratitude for your service!

Minnesota

Hello everyone!

I'm from Blaine,MN I'm 22yrs old. Waiting on my permit in the mail, dropped it off this last monday.(4/9/12) I took my class at Bills gun shop in Robbinsdale with Bill Kimmel. I cant wait to support open carry. I have just purchased a S&W bodyguard .380 for deep concealment and I have a .40 and .357MAG for loud and pround days. I work for Allina as of now so I cant carry as much as I would love to, Allina bans ALL weapons in its buildings and I face termination if I choose to carry. Hope to see more and more supporters.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip-- Let's do a meet some time around here, to get me into the civilian open carry scene!

We will.have to do that sometime,

Build it and they will come.

Pick a place, date and time, start new thread and ask for a sticky.

Whenever 2 or more are gathered in my name... - Rt. Rev. John Moses Browning :D

Cody Pehrson

Good places to OC in Bloomington... On Penn and 494 there is a caribou (not sure if they are friendly) that has a nice little patio. Good street view. Also, Starbucks on Lyndale and 98th. There are other places with patios and whatnot but again, not sure who is friendly yet. I'll post when I get the PTC and start carrying daily. That should be interesting. I have never seen anyone OC in Bloomington.

The only other person I have seen carrying other than me is my dad... haha but ya Every place you go is friendly OC. There are places that "ban them" but thats why I have my IWB holster in the car. I wish I could remember what place that was at though... Its been so long sense anyone has ever said anything to me about it. and if you all or you two...haha want to meet sometime that would be cool. I havnt checked the forums in a while so I missed out on the convo

Cody Pehrson

Hello everyone!

I'm from Blaine,MN I'm 22yrs old. Waiting on my permit in the mail, dropped it off this last monday.(4/9/12) I took my class at Bills gun shop in Robbinsdale with Bill Kimmel. I cant wait to support open carry. I have just purchased a S&W bodyguard .380 for deep concealment and I have a .40 and .357MAG for loud and pround days. I work for Allina as of now so I cant carry as much as I would love to, Allina bans ALL weapons in its buildings and I face termination if I choose to carry. Hope to see more and more supporters.

No way! you ever come to calls at the Mall of America? I probably ran into you at some point

45Shooter

Im new here and maybe this is posted in the wrong place but just have to comment I do not OC but I do CC and I wouldn't go to the MOA unarmed not that I want to go there but on occasion I have to go with the wife. That place is unsafe if your not carrying way to many gangs there. If you had to use it there you better hit the intended recipient and know what's behind him. I'll pay the fine or leave but security has never said anything to me.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Im new here and maybe this is posted in the wrong place but just have to comment I do not OC but I do CC and I wouldn't go to the MOA unarmed not that I want to go there but on occasion I have to go with the wife. That place is unsafe if your not carrying way to many gangs there. If you had to use it there you better hit the intended recipient and know what's behind him. I'll pay the fine or leave but security has never said anything to me.

Welcome to OCDO 45shooter!

While the site is predicated on promoting and defending the right to OC, there is no requirement to actively participate. What we look to find are people that support the concept or at the least have an interest in learning more about OC/RKBA - there are many topics of discussion that apply equally to any mode of carry. Just support our right to make the choice.

That having been said, why not avail yourself of the opportunity to meet and share a meal with some of your neighbors - along the way everyone is certain to gain some knowledge from others - besides it's fun.

tjkruck

@ 45 shooter. Since i have had my permit I have not since been at the MOA, honestly not missing much by not going there, I'm pretty sure the Eden prairie mall does not have posted signs, i know its not as nice as the MOA but at least then you have the ability to defend yourself if the situation should arise.

As for a meeting of mn locals I have waited to see if someone is planning to set one up. I think I might be the person to set one up in June sometime even tho I'm pretty new to this site myself.

Last edited: