• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Group's

YoungBlackMale

Hello everyone, I recently OC'd from tigard all threw portland on tri-met with no complaints or police altercations..By the way I am a washington resident with a CHL, an was wondering if Portland had any Open Carry Groups that wouldn't mind occasionally going out an exercising our rights?? :banana:

hermannr

Hej YBM...be careful in Portland. OR does not recognize WA CPL and Portland has restrictions that apply to anyone that does not have an OR CPL. Make sure you read up on OR Law before you try it again.

Teddybearfrmhell

Hej YBM...be careful in Portland. OR does not recognize WA CPL and Portland has restrictions that apply to anyone that does not have an OR CPL. Make sure you read up on OR Law before you try it again.

oregon DOES issue ccw to residents of surrounding states who are frequent travelers to oregon, perhaps the op is in that category?

hermannr

I'm sorry if I confused you guy's..What I actually meant is that I am a washington county resident, I live in Tigard,OR.

Ok, that makes me feel better. More power to you YBM...I am a WA resident, and for several years our oldest daughter and her husband were students at UO in Eugene, and I know we had to have OR permits so we could carry through Portland Locked, loaded and holstered. Eugene wasn't too gun friendly either if I remember correctly. Daughter and SIL are in TX (husband is working on his PhD) now, daughter doesn't like the CC only down there.

Carry on :D