Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting OC experience today...good and not so good...

Interesting OC experience today...good and not so good...

I went to the parade in Token Creek (sun prairie area) today...was OCing as usual....big crowd...i was standing along the street waiting for the parade to start when an older gal came up to me...
    'whats that in your pocket?' she looked very upset as she was POKING at the glock...'Is that a gun?'
    'Yes ma'am, it is...'
    'WHY do you need that?' again she was REALLLY upset...
    'Its for defensive purposes...a last resort if needed....does it bother you?' I said
    'Yes, it bothers me...what if you take it out and decide to shoot me?'
    (im now shaking my head in disbelief at this point)
    'Ma'am, the guns you cant see, are the ones you need to worry about...the ones that are hid in baggy pants wherethe hat is on sideways' i said
    'Thats a prejudiced statement' she said....at that time, a very nice young black couple standing next to me noticed the firearm...both gave me a hi-five and were in total agreement with me carrying... we then struck up a conversation about all sorts ofthings... THEN 20 mins later, SHE came back, nudged the guy on my other side and said (pointing at me) 'Hes got a gun!'....
    the guy then says ' I know its your right and all, but my grandma is really upset...could move to someplace else watch the parade?'
    'Nope' i said...and left it at that.... Was I the jerk? :-) Im thinking not..

There must be a page from the Anti-Gunners Playbook circulating around on the internet. I imagine there will be many more incicdents like this in the near future. And it's really sad as I have open carried without incedent, until my visit to Alma.

You didn't unleash into a detailed explanation about how the principles of the 2nd Amendent were integral to the forming of our country? Just kidding, but glad you held your ground and didn't move.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

well...there was no reasoning with the older gal...she was justto upset....glad that the grandson didnt have a cow with me...i sensed his displeasure with me refusing to stand elsewhere though...!

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    'Nope' i said...and left it at that.... Was I the jerk? :-) Im thinking not..
    I don't think so.

Honestly, I do not believe she deserved ANY explanation whatsoever. What you do is none of her concern. Just out of curiosity, did they move when you refused?
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 07-04-2011 at 07:31 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

My standard reply is:

I practise my second ammendment right to protect myself, and all those who don't choose to practise it themselves.
    Poor Obama. All this time, he thought he had been placed in charge of the GovernMINT.

Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

"'Yes, it bothers me...what if you take it out and decide to shoot me?' "
    Lady, if you were really afraid of that happening, why in HELL would you come over here and talk to me?

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    I don't think so.

Honestly, I do not believe she deserved ANY explanation whatsoever. What you do is none of her concern. Just out of curiosity, did they move when you refused?
    I was just trying to be nice...and explain things to her...she ws to afraid of me...other times ive been asked if im a LEO...she mustve assumed that that wasnt the case...lol

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    'Ma'am, the guns you cant see, are the ones you need to worry about...
    An interesting point.

With all the talk and speculation to our soon to happen CC privilege I cant help but wonder how long its gonna take to educate small minded LE Agencies that we STILL have the Right to OC.

There are quite a few LEO's in our State that think we need a permit to even OWN a handgun.The Cudahy PD certainly thought I needed one and requestedthat I produce one during my encounter.

I hope the good folks of Wi Carry dont back off and will continue the
    good fight for Us OC'ers.

I may be projecting abit....but I have a feeling the number of LE encounters
    with OC'ers is gonna rise.Some sure to be dancing the line of harassment.

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Lady, if you were really afraid of that happening, why in HELL would you come over here and talk to me?

thats what the guy next to me and I were discussing...if Im such a concern, WHY would she come over and poke at the gun....ugh.

"'Yes, it bothers me...what if you take it out and decide to shoot me? "
    At that point I think I would have looked down at my sidearm and commanded it to "Stay" with the same tone one uses with an obedient dog,and told her ......
    "See...its been trained."

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

LOL.......I was down at the Token Creek Parade today as well. She must have been really bothered by the vets carrying M16's and M-1's.
    ".......shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by LR Yote 312 View Post
    At that point I think I would have looked down at my sidearm and commanded it to "Stay" with the same tone one uses with an obedient dog,and told her ......
    "See...its been trained."

LR Yote
    Lol, Nice!
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    Thomas Jefferson

were you being a jerk ? NO I would have been worse, let's I like stir the old pot...
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I think it was handled very well. I have a few one liners in my head I want to use, but I only seem to get the curious people.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

I hear you.

Problem is, people like the one in the OP only hear what comes out of their own mouths. You could look her in the face and recite a cupcake recipe. Her eyes would just glaze over and maybe roll back into her head. As a bit of spittle drools down her whiskered chin. She would still be pissed though. Because you refuse to do what she wants.

Hey... that gives me an idea.

Last edited by HandyHamlet; 07-05-2011 at 01:36 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Several years ago I was open carrying in Johnstown, PA during Thunder in the Valley. A guy came walking by and started screaming (literally) that I had a gun and demanded to know why I was carrying a gun. I replied calmly that it was for personal protection and asked what his problem was. He calmed down a little and lowered his voice somewhat and said that he had a gun and supported the 2A, but didn't feel the need to carry it and that he didn't think that others needed to carry because they could be crazy and shoot people. My response to him was that approaching someone with a gun, but otherwise just minding their own business was probably a stupid idea. If they are a good guy then you just made an ass of yourself and if they are a bad guy then you just got yourself shot. Neither position being very smart.

Wait.

She TOUCHED your firearm?

That's bout the time you interpose your body, free up your strong arm, look her in the eye and say "get away from me before I call the cops".

Better yet, actually call them and have her arrested. That's what she was psyching herself up to do to you.
    "I can only be held responsible for my own stupidity." - Captain Nemo

"she looked very upset as she was POKING at the glock..."

Yep, that's a new one. Who knew you'd need a manual safety on your gun Because Other People Poke It While Holstered. They probably go around poking pitbulls, too.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    dont be bashing pitbulls now they are as people freindly as any other dog they are the only breed of dog i will own pitbulls are like guns there arent any bad ones only bad owners
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 07-05-2011 at 04:28 PM.
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by RR_Broccoli View Post
    Wait.

She TOUCHED your firearm?

That's bout the time you interpose your body, free up your strong arm, look her in the eye and say "get away from me before I call the cops".

Better yet, actually call them and have her arrested. That's what she was psyching herself up to do to you.
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^

No one reaches towards my sidearm
    Poor Obama. All this time, he thought he had been placed in charge of the GovernMINT.

Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

It sounds like you were respectful to me. No need to move. It's not your problem if she's offended by something legal. It's her problem and she can move if she wants to.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Passive101 View Post
    It sounds like you were respectful to me. No need to move. It's not your problem if she's offended by something legal. It's her problem and she can move if she wants to.
    It's her behavior that was the problem! I hope she doesn't escalate from touching to grabbing or it won't go well for her....
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    As I said at Lizzie's the other night. The second I get my permit and November 1st rolls around, I plan on going to Madison and OC'ing into the Capital and going to my Senators office, My Representative's office, the Governor's office and the Lt. Governor's office and shaking as many hands as possible.

This all assumes they don't post.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Well this does fit into my perception that the 4th of july celebrations have become more of an act of symbollism over substance, the true reason has been lost by the populace.

Job well done you have nothing to be ashamed of , but those who approached you should.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast